How to get Nintendo 64 working in Puppy?

Booting, installing, newbie
Levi88

How to get Nintendo 64 working in Puppy?

#1 Post by Levi88 »

Hello, I'm new to Puppy. I have the Arcade 10 installed. I have been with Linux now about 2 years. I have been trying to get a N64 running on my system when I was referred to Arcade. This is my first go at emulators. Well, it isn't working on here. :( Said configure might be wrong and that file tried to access secure data. I really only intend to do the N64 setup, so if anybody can help me with what I need to do to get this working, I would be most grateful. Thank you. :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Is N64 a game?

starhawk

#3 Post by starhawk »

Levi88, welcome, as we say, to the kennels!

@Flash -- N64 is shorthand for "Nintendo 64" which is a game console. He's referring to an emulator which probably has a similar name.

@Levi88 -- There is a thread for Puppy Arcade 10, here. I would recommend reading the thread, since it's only 10 pages (that's not too bad) and if your issue isn't addressed, make a post in it with as much detail as you can possibly provide.

sc0ttman (the developer of Puppy Arcade 10) will want to know what kind of system you're using (hardware specs) as well as a good (not necessarily wall-of-text long, but accurate and including all the relevant details) description of the problem and the specific errors you're getting.

As a small further note, I've spoken with sc0ttman before on a number of occasions -- he, like most people here, is quite friendly. He certainly doesn't bite, and I don't think he barks much either :P

Levi88

#4 Post by Levi88 »

starhawk wrote:Levi88, welcome, as we say, to the kennels!

@Flash -- N64 is shorthand for "Nintendo 64" which is a game console. He's referring to an emulator which probably has a similar name.

@Levi88 -- There is a thread for Puppy Arcade 10, here. I would recommend reading the thread, since it's only 10 pages (that's not too bad) and if your issue isn't addressed, make a post in it with as much detail as you can possibly provide.

sc0ttman (the developer of Puppy Arcade 10) will want to know what kind of system you're using (hardware specs) as well as a good (not necessarily wall-of-text long, but accurate and including all the relevant details) description of the problem and the specific errors you're getting.

As a small further note, I've spoken with sc0ttman before on a number of occasions -- he, like most people here, is quite friendly. He certainly doesn't bite, and I don't think he barks much either :P
Thanks a lot. Oh, and in reference to your signature, I can read a piece of paper upside down and reversed through the light. Hehe Been able to since I was a kid. :D