Problems installing Spideroak client to SlackoPuppy 5.5

Booting, installing, newbie
AndyInMokum

Problems installing Spideroak client to SlackoPuppy 5.5

#1 Post by AndyInMokum »

Hi again from Amsterdam

I'm trying to install the SpiderOak client to my SlackoPuppy 5.5. I go to the Spideroak site and download the Slackware version. I procede to the installation process and receive the message, "Is this a Slackware or Arch package, that you want to install?
If you answer Yes, the Package Manager application will run...
If you answer No, the XArchive application will run..." I choose Yes and the package is installed. I receive a conformation message telling me that Spideroak is accessible in menu/utilities. It shows up in utilities but nothing happens when I click it. Also, I cannot invoke it through the terminal. It does show up in ~/usr/share/applications. I'm now at a lose :? . If I can get this to work it will be a marriage in made in heaven; backing up, syncing and sharing SlackoPuppy Linux stuff with the super security and flexibility of Spideroak, Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

01micko

#2 Post by 01micko »

Hello AndyInMokum

Seems to work ok if you have Python (which is in PPM, but if you have the devx installed you are good to go) and krb5, Type that into the PPM search box and it will turn up in the slacky repo, It has 1 dependency. Make sure that gets installed too,
Attachments
spideroak.jpg
(56.24 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

:D Andy- go into /usr/bin and rt-clk an empty area >> window >> 'terminal here' and run:

Code: Select all

./SpiderOak
This should confirm Micko's suspicion..

AndyInMokum

#4 Post by AndyInMokum »

Hi Micko and Semme

Thanks for getting back to me. It is as I feared before asking the question. The answers have lead me into territory I don't understand, Micko, you said to check krb5 in the slacky repo in the PPM. The slacky repo wasn't selected. I've selected Puppy-Slacko 14 official. This is where is goes pear shaped. I'm told that adding a new repo requires manual help. I've checked the box and get a page that might as well be in martian. Puppy-Slacko 14 -official has becomed greyed out and doesn't show up in the search criteria. Thus krb5 isn't available. Any help would be great.

AndyInMokum

#5 Post by AndyInMokum »

AndyInMokum wrote:Hi Micko and Semme

Thanks for getting back to me. It is as I feared before asking the question. The answers have lead me into territory I don't understand, Micko, you said to check krb5 in the slacky repo in the PPM. The slacky repo wasn't selected. I've selected Puppy-Slacko 14 official. This is where is goes pear shaped. I'm told that adding a new repo requires manual help. I've checked the box and get a page that might as well be in martian. Puppy-Slacko 14 -official has becomed greyed out and doesn't show up in the search criteria. Thus krb5 isn't available. Any help would be great.
This what I got after I took Semme's suggestion.
Attachments
capture8595.png
(4.36 KiB) Downloaded 430 times

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Did you install krb5? How about the devx.. loaded?

01micko

#7 Post by 01micko »

http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/slac ... i486-1.txz
http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... 86-1sl.txz

If you DO NOT have devx installed (Oh but you do,, don't download this however I'll leave the link for others with the problem)[EDITED]
http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/slac ... i486-2.txz

Download them, click them, accept "Yes" to install with package manager, enjoy your SpiderOak :)
Last edited by 01micko on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

As far as repos Andy, tick all Slack related, OK the dialog then exit. Reopen and search krb5..

If she doesn't show, make sure the right repos are still ticked and hit update- search again..

AndyInMokum

#9 Post by AndyInMokum »

01micko wrote:http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/slac ... i486-1.txz
http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-1 ... 86-1sl.txz

If you DO NOT have devx installed (Oh but you do,, don't download this however I'll leave the link for others with the problem)[EDITED]
http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/slac ... i486-2.txz

Download them, click them, accept "Yes" to install with package manager, enjoy your SpiderOak :)
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately SpiderOak still won't open. When I try to invoke it in the terminal, I get the attached. I'm still very puzzled.
Attachments
capture1029.png
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

Semme

#10 Post by Semme »

If you DIDN'T miss installing keyutils >> run this, try again:

ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /lib/libkeyutils.so.1
If she still doesn't go, run this:

ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libkeyutils.so.1
You should grab yourself a new terminal too my friend- one that's :wink: easy to copy'n paste with..

AndyInMokum

#11 Post by AndyInMokum »

Semme wrote:If you DIDN'T miss installing keyutils >> run this, try again:

ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /lib/libkeyutils.so.1
If she still doesn't go, run this:

ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libkeyutils.so.1
You should grab yourself a new terminal too my friend- one that's :wink: easy to copy'n paste with..
Thanks for that. I've just run both of the codes you gave me in my "new" terminal :D . Again, SpiderOak just won't open.

# ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /lib/libkeyutils.so.1
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/lib/libkeyutils.so.1’: File exists
# ln -s /lib/libkeyutils.so.1.4 /usr/lib/libkeyutils.so.1
# SpiderOak
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
File "__main__SpiderOak__.py", line 12, in <module>
File "ssl.py", line 60, in <module>
ImportError: libkeyutils.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#

So I'm still scratching my head with this problem.

Semme

#12 Post by Semme »

ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/lib/libkeyutils.so.1’: File exists << This should have told you already had it.

Take your file browser into /lib and kill this shortcut >> /lib/libkeyutils.so.1

Unpack my file into /lib, then run this code (that's an "L"n -s, NOT EYE):

ln -s /lib/libkeyutils-1.2.so /lib/libkeyutils.so.1
I'd like to see you run an ldconfig, but doubt it's onboard..
Attachments
libkeyutils-1.2.so.gz
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

AndyInMokum

#13 Post by AndyInMokum »

Hi again.

Sorry I haven't been back. I've tried everything that has been suggested with no success. I have got so fed up with it, I did a complete reinstall and update of the repositories and tried again. The SpiderOak installation setup package still will not open even though all the components are in place. This is a pain in the proverbial backside to get to work. Any help would be great.

Semme

#14 Post by Semme »

Hey Mick- does the 5.5 devx support *both* builds?

Which one you got there Andy, the PAE or non-PAE?

AndyInMokum

#15 Post by AndyInMokum »

Semme wrote:Hey Mick- does the 5.5 devx support *both* builds?

Which one you got there Andy, the PAE or non-PAE?
Good morning Semme,

I'm using the PAE version. I'm using a box running an Intel® Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz × 2 with 4 GB of RAM as my primary computer. Its got plenty of guts for SlackoPuppy. I feel really stupid about this. I can't even get the damn installer to work. God knows what problems I'll run into if and when I get it run. lol! Its like its cursed. Thanks guys.
Last edited by AndyInMokum on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#16 Post by Semme »

Installer?.. Referring to Slacko's?