Wireless ceases to function on Puppy 5.5

Using applications, configuring, problems
DM was on fire!

#1 Post by DM was on fire! »

I recently installed Puppy 5.5 two days ago onto a SanDisk Cruzer 4gb drive, after I lost my other one. It ran flawlessly on my desktop. I bring it to work, it works great on the laptop. Today I go about my regular duties and notice the wireless doesn't seem to connect. It tells me it "failed to obtain the access point."
The system has cleanly shut down every time I've shut it down so I don't know if there was a risk of corruption.
The issue isn't the wi-fi card because I'm currently accessing the internet on the same laptop, but on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix this? I really don't feel like reinstalling all my stuff, especially since my .pet files are at home.
ardvark

Re: Wireless ceases to function on Puppy 5.5

#2 Post by ardvark »

DM was on fire! wrote:The issue isn't the wi-fi card because I'm currently accessing the internet on the same laptop, but on Windows 7 Home Premium.
Hi...

That depends if Linux adequately supports your device's chipset. :wink:

Please open a terminal and post the output of the following commands...

Code: Select all

lspci
AND

Code: Select all

lsusb
Also, did you verify the m5 checksum with the copy of Puppy that is now on your new thumb drive?

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]
Monsie

#3 Post by Monsie »

Hi DM,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I wondered if maybe it was just a glitch, and with a reboot of Puppy you were able to get on-line.
The system has cleanly shut down every time I've shut it down so I don't know if there was a risk of corruption.
Hmmm, it sounds like you should be keeping a back-up of your save file... :wink:

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.