request: WindowMaker (AfterStep window manager)

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
wiljen46

request: WindowMaker (AfterStep window manager)

#1 Post by wiljen46 »

Hello,

Could someone please make a dotpup for windowmaker? I have tried to compile it, but am having difficulties (see my post at http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?t=12548 )

Thanks for the help :D

bill in tx
** if anyone can help me to compile form tarballs in puppy, it would be great!!!

plinej

#2 Post by plinej »

Try this:

Install the dotpup, exit jwm, at the prompt type:

xwin wmaker

wiljen46

#3 Post by wiljen46 »

Wow...that was a fast reply! Thanks alot for making the .pup :lol:

The pup works, except I get an error saying that the application menus could not be loaded.... and when I right click on the desktop, the only items in the menu are "xterm, rxvt, Restart, and Exit".... Any ideas as to how to load the other items into the menu for windowmaker?

Thanks again for making the dot.pup.... I am having problems getting the compiler to work in my 2.10 puppy :cry:

bill in tx

plinej

#4 Post by plinej »

I have no idea, I've never used Windowmaker before. I'd assume you'll need to manually add the menu entries since I don't believe there's a XDG menu package or a jwm2windowmaker script for puppy.

Pizzasgood

#5 Post by Pizzasgood »

You need to use 2.02 for compiling, because 2.10 is slightly out of sync. You could probably rename the devx_202.sfs file to devx_210.sfs to use it with Puppy 2.10, but you may have problems with more complicated programs if it works at all.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

vern72023

#6 Post by vern72023 »

That is an error caused by a problem finding the cpp or c precompiler so pizzagood is probably correct
george

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#7 Post by GuestToo »

Puppy 210 uses lzma compression for the squash file system (sfs) so you can not use sfs files made for 202 with Puppy 210

wiljen46

#8 Post by wiljen46 »

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions/info about the various devx_.sfs files.
I upgraded my puppy to 2.11 and grabbed the devx_211.sfs and rebooted...

When I tried to configure, I get the same error about the sanity check for cpp as I did before upgrade :?

When I look in the config.log file, it appears that several header files (stdio. types, stat, etc.) cannot be found. Is devx_211.sfs mising header files?

Again, thanks for the help!

I really like puppy & community...

bill in tx