Where can I download unrpm.pup?

Using applications, configuring, problems
rbrehton

Where can I download unrpm.pup?

#1 Post by rbrehton »

I downloaded the latest Opera for Linux i386. It says it needs unrpm.pup installed to open. I cannot find a download for unrpm.pup. I found unrpm.pet and installed that but the Opera installation file still won't open, saying that I need unrpm.pup. I searched here for any reference to unrpm.pup before posting. I'm using puppy 431.
Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

No longer valid.
Last edited by Semme on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<
OscarTalks

#3 Post by OscarTalks »

Or there is Opera 12.16 packaged as .pet by BarryK here:-
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... 0-i386.pet
Oscar in England
Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

PASS! I see you've been busy elsewhere..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<
rbrehton

#5 Post by rbrehton »

I deleted all Opera files from a previous attempt to install another version to be safe. I downloaded and installed Opera 12.16 using the pet file from the link posted by Oscar. I checked start menu/internet but found nothing. I checked all start menus and found nothing there. I looked in Opera folders for an executable run file but didn't find one.

I clicked on the link posted by Semme and downloaded and unzipped the package. I clicked on the install icon, but it froze the computer up. The cursor would move but nothing would respond. This happened twice. I had to cntrl/alt/delete to reboot. Maybe I'm missing a file or something in my puppy install?
Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Not sure how many versions back we'd have to go >> 431 libs are old.

This works >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/portabl ... 0/download

After it dwnlds >> rt-clk, permissions >> OK the executable bit.

Now just rename it "opera" and stick it in /usr/bin.

Tick NO updates in prefs, under "advanced" >> security.

The readme'll tell ya what goes where.

Then restart X for the menu item..

Under :wink: Internet.
Attachments
opera_stuff.zip
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
rbrehton

#7 Post by rbrehton »

I downloaded from the link, followed directions and Opera is working. The file wouldn't run until I remamed it for some reason. I downloaded opera_stuff and placed the files in the folders according to the readme text but opera doesn't show up in start menu/internet. I copied the icon onto the desktop to run it from there. Thanks a lot for the help
Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

:D Sure it's there.. If since last night you've rebooted or refired X.