Problem for connect wireless [Solved]

rcrsn51

#21 Post by rcrsn51 »

popcorn wrote:To follow these instructions I need to have installed puppy?
No.
Or can I use it in liveusb?
Yes.

When you opened the Profile tab and clicked on Scan, what did you see?
popcorn

#22 Post by popcorn »

ardvark wrote:Hi...

Will you again open a terminal and post the output of...

Code: Select all

dmesg
Just to let you know, it might be pretty long. :wink:

Regards...
Hi

Print
rcrsn51

#23 Post by rcrsn51 »

Those pictures are not much help. But answering the question posted above would be a lot of help
When you opened the Profile tab and clicked on Scan, what did you see?
ardvark

#24 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

Thank you for taking the time to post the output I had requested but unfortunately, I'm not able to see them because the images can't be expanded, unless there is something I'm missing. :wink:

Could you redo them where we could see the full image?

@rcrsn51: I thought getting a dmesg report would help us ascertain the problem along with your requests. Whether the images were helpful or not, there were several that he posted, I'm sure that took a bit of time. :wink:

Regards...
popcorn

#25 Post by popcorn »

Thank you for taking the time to post the output I had requested but unfortunately, I'm not able to see them because the images can't be expanded, unless there is something I'm missing. :wink:

Could you redo them where we could see the full image?

@rcrsn51: I thought getting a dmesg report would help us ascertain the problem along with your requests. Whether the images were helpful or not, there were several that he posted, I'm sure that took a bit of time. :wink:

Regards...
Hi

https://imageshack.com/a/Fjnz/1
ardvark

#26 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

Thank you for posting the images. Are they all from one session or are they from multiple sessions?

Regards...
popcorn

#27 Post by popcorn »

Thank you for posting the images. Are they all from one session or are they from multiple sessions?

Regards...
Hi
As well in one session?
ardvark

#28 Post by ardvark »

popcorn wrote:As well in one session?
Hi..

I don't understand what you mean. They were from one session? Also, to possibly make it easier, if you get an output from this command...

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep -i wlan
please post it as well.

Please also answer rcrsn51's questions. :wink:

Regards...
rcrsn51

#29 Post by rcrsn51 »

It's too bad that popcorn has given up. It was known from his original screenies that the Encore WiFi adapter was being loaded properly. This should have been a three-step procedure.

1. Do a clean install of Puppy to eliminate any other connection managers.
2. Install PWF.
3. Switch the configuration from wlan0 to wlan1.
ardvark

#30 Post by ardvark »

rcrsn51 wrote:It's too bad that popcorn has given up. It was known from his original screenies that the Encore WiFi adapter was being loaded properly. This should have been a three-step procedure.

2. Install PWF.
Hi...

He might be back but I think one of the issues here was that it appeared English was not his native tongue, so it was a little harder for us to understand each other.

At the same time, I don't think this all has to do with popcorn. I do think that Puppy's wifi procedures could use some streamlining and some quality control. Ubuntu has been excellent for me in this regard. :wink:

Regards...
popcorn

#31 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:It's too bad that popcorn has given up. It was known from his original screenies that the Encore WiFi adapter was being loaded properly. This should have been a three-step procedure.

2. Install PWF.
did not give up no, I'm only half tight because of college. C ++ is kinda tricky.
I followed the steps correctly but it connects only once and quickly, after that I try to reconnect and the connection always fails, thought it might be problem in the wifi network, did a test, I created a wifi network with my phone, shock absorber this fall connection, I tried searching for another network "profile / scan", but the adapter can not find any more. Could be a driver problem?
ardvark wrote:

2. Install PWF.
Hi...

He might be back but I think one of the issues here was that it appeared English was not his native tongue, so it was a little harder for us to understand each other.

At the same time, I don't think this all has to do with popcorn. I do think that Puppy's wifi procedures could use some streamlining and some quality control. Ubuntu has been excellent for me in this regard. :wink:

Regards...
Yes the english is not my native language, I am Brazilian and I still have trouble with some words.
I had this same problem with older versions of ubuntu, he recognized the Encore but not connected, it just started to work perfectly with ubuntu 14:04.
Follow the link print

https://imageshack.com/i/ipOsAuNnj
grateful
rcrsn51

#32 Post by rcrsn51 »

popcorn wrote:I had this same problem with older versions of ubuntu, he recognized the Encore but not connected, it just started to work perfectly with ubuntu 14:04.
Try a newer Puppy like this one.

Or try setting up PWF with a static IP address if you are experiencing dropouts.
popcorn

#33 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:
popcorn wrote:I had this same problem with older versions of ubuntu, he recognized the Encore but not connected, it just started to work perfectly with ubuntu 14:04.
Try a newer Puppy like this one.

Or try setting up PWF with a static IP address if you are experiencing dropouts.
Thank you very much, problem solved.
Thank you for your patience rcrsn51 and ardvark
Doubt be posting more soon :lol:
rcrsn51

#34 Post by rcrsn51 »

popcorn wrote:Thank you very much, problem solved.
How? What did you do? This is important!
slavvo67

#35 Post by slavvo67 »

Agreed. Popcorn, can you please explain which solution you used to resolve your problem? This may help other in the future.

Best,

Slavvo67
ardvark

#36 Post by ardvark »

popcorn wrote:Thank you for your patience rcrsn51 and ardvark
Your welcome, glad you got it fixed. :)

Greetings to Brazil....
popcorn

#37 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:
popcorn wrote:Thank you very much, problem solved.
How? What did you do? This is important!
I changed the version of puppy he used to this one. and follow the steps PeasyWifi
rcrsn51

#38 Post by rcrsn51 »

Thank you.