How to compile .js package during run with env issues

Booting, installing, newbie
Techtardette

How to compile .js package during run with env issues

#1 Post by Techtardette »

So, I tried to run my Tether application, which is supposed to compile node.js on first run. When I tried to ./configure the 'python' directory could not be found. I tried researching to no avail. Is this application not compatible with Puppy Precise Retro 5.7.1? Perhaps I should get pupdial from the library computer if I can still download there. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

Also, after the ./configure I had a env: can't execute 'python': No such file or directory .
[color=violet]echo t{ech,ardette}[/color]

Techtardette

#2 Post by Techtardette »

I think I am so techtarded that I am colorblind. ;) EDIT: Not quite colorblind. Am having real issues.:

Do I have to mv my Tether folder to wherever 'python' is? I am in way over my head.

mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

Ok you need python.... the chunky solution is the devx but a smaller one is this sfs file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrg0uslg0eb84 ... 4.sfs?dl=1

The script MAY want a later python than that but thats what its looking for basically

mike

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Actually after a re read...you proably WILL need the DEVX file for compiling...there should be a link for it where you got the main iso from

Mike

Techtardette

#5 Post by Techtardette »

Tried moving to my-applications. Still can't find 'python' .

Just saw your posts and am in route to library. Thanks Mike.

Will soon figure it out along with how to mark this thread SOLVED. ...I hope :)

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Have you figured you need to click on Mikes pkg?

If you find yourself needing more, here's your file >> devx_precise_5.7.1.sfs
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Techtardette

#7 Post by Techtardette »

Semme wrote:Have you figured you need to click on Mikes pkg?

If you find yourself needing more, here's your file >> devx_precise_5.7.1.sfs
I already downloaded Barry's distro package from ibiblio. Now I am going to click, tickle, and kiss Mike's package. ;) And thanks for the url. :-D

mikeb

#8 Post by mikeb »

I think Semme python is being used as part of a build package so in this case he would need the devx anyway... not 100% on that but from the info supplied...

mike

Semme

#9 Post by Semme »

@'s a safe bet Mike. And Tech dude, nluug.nl's a much faster mirror from which to :shock: *grab* pkgs. :D

Is the goal here to connect your box to the Internet via mobile phone?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Techtardette

#10 Post by Techtardette »

Yes. I am trying to run the Easy Tether app on my phone and the Easy Tether software on my Puppy Precise Retro 5.7.1 so that I can tether my 3G LG, which doesn't exactly promote tethering. It has worked for me on Windows, so I know it will work on the phone end of things. I haven't downloaded the devx.precise.5.7.1.sfs yet, but will work on running my executable application (hopefully) after adding it to the / directory (I think.)

Semme

#11 Post by Semme »

Hmm, thought one was a Samsung?

Not sure if this'll work for the LG, but you can try.

Plug'er in and give it a few seconds, making sure it's wireless "usb tethering" control is active.

Open a shell, or, terminal if you prefer and run:

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep usb
@ the beginning of one of the results, do we have a "usb(number)?"

Might be zero, might be one..

If she exists, good. Run:

Code: Select all

ifconfig -a
Is she listed here?

If so, only one cmd to go!

mikeb

#12 Post by mikeb »

3g LG phone..I have one...its an older model but I just plug it in... wait a few seconds and then run pupdial from the connection whatever.... then use the probe and auto scan.

If thats ok then back in pupdial I use *99***1# as the number and user password as dummy user and password and then connect. Most of these 3g modems use a pretty standard driver and are treat as a modem and as a phone there should be no mode switching needed.

mike