What have to be better in PUPPY Linux

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#41 Post by Flash »

I'm with Pizza. Single-click for everything. Some applications in Puppy actually mix single- and double-clicking. :?
Dougal

#42 Post by Dougal »

Pizzasgood wrote:As for double-clicking, I still have trouble. It's stupid. And it wears a mousebutton out twice as fast, and probably your wrist too. The only thing it's good for is one-click selecting (rather than holding the control key or dragging).
In Windows I just click once and press the enter button… I got fed up of things getting interpreted the wrong way.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind
Pizzasgood

#43 Post by Pizzasgood »

Actually right clicking only works in jwm, not in icewm (just had to check!). But this only brings up the main menu.

Right clicking an empty space in puppy brings up the full menu.
I meant the white-space in a rox-filer window. It's even more complicated than I wrote, huh?

As for right-click on desktop, IceWM does support it, but MU's package has that disabled. GuestToo's packages always had it enabled, though. It's in /root/.icewm/preferences.

I did feel funny about not having the normal "properties" and such right-click when I started in with Linux. I prefer the normal menu though. It's more useful, and faster than moving all the way over to the start menu.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]
rarsa

#44 Post by rarsa »

New user does not = stupid.

Don't you think that after clicking once and having the program/file/folder open they get the idea?

Single click is more ergonomic. When I show people how to change it in Windows, they never go back to double click.

The unfortunate part is that in Puppy even setting Rox for single click does not change the GTK screens.
[url]http://rarsa.blogspot.com[/url] Covering my eclectic thoughts
[url]http://www.kwlug.org/blog/48[/url] Covering my Linux How-to
JohnMurga
Site Admin

#45 Post by JohnMurga »

rarsa wrote:Single click is more ergonomic. When I show people how to change it in Windows, they never go back to double click.
Umm ... Dunno, I seem to remember there was version of Windows that had web folders and single click operation on by default ... Or maybe it was when you installed a version of IE ...

Anyway, most people hated it and they had to change it.

But I vote for choice :-)

Cheers
JohnM
PaulBx1

#46 Post by PaulBx1 »

Single click vs double click is insoluble, until you go through every application and make sure it works the same way. Good luck on that! :roll:

It's not the sort of thing I lose sleep over. It took me a few minutes to discover that the desktop requires only one click, but in seamonkey email I have to click twice on a message. Oh, well!

I don't really care what the default is... I do wish I had encrypted pup_save and encrypted swap and encrypted email, though. :wink: