tahrpup 6.0.5 CE

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
totolanio

#621 Post by totolanio »

So, if we already installed some of the new programs you added, we just have to uninstall them ? before or after upgrading ?
also the right click options are nice
?? The lx-right-click is included ? it's not in the changelog
Main puppy used : LxPup tahr.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97623]Multiple package installer/remover.[/url]

666philb

#622 Post by 666philb »

totolanio wrote:So, if we already installed some of the new programs you added, we just have to uninstall them ? before or after upgrading ?
also the right click options are nice
?? The lx-right-click is included ? it's not in the changelog
all the programs you've got installed are fine ..... you can use the the same savefile.

the right clicks have always been in tahrpup ... they are for rox-filer. lxpup uses a different filemanager
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

totolanio

#623 Post by totolanio »

a ok !

But I meant, what's the point of having the same program twice...
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97623]Multiple package installer/remover.[/url]

666philb

#624 Post by 666philb »

you'll have to explain what you mean
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

totolanio

#625 Post by totolanio »

ok thank you

Illutorium

#626 Post by Illutorium »

scabz wrote:MPlayer i used

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-runtime-cpudetection --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-dynamic-plugins --enable-menu --enable-gui --target=i686-linux --enable-radio --enable-radio-capture --enable-radio-v4l2 --enable-tv-v4l2 --enable-pvr --enable-libdirac-lavc
it pulls ffmpeg and compiles it in static also includes mencoder
I tried from a Official site as a Static (named as "ffmpeg" and dropped to a mplayer folder,I even tried with a /usr/bin)... When It's does at ended to:

Checking for FFmpeg ... Compiling without FFmpeg is currently not supported/working.
Please contact us if that is an issue for you.
Error: both internal and external FFmpeg missing

Command: ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-runtime-cpudetection --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-menu --disable-mencoder --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-radio --enable-radio-capture --disable-ffmpeg_so

(ffmpeg_so is a Shared when a Static only is depended to disable...)
(mencoder is a optional if be can only play [MPlayer it's does a depend only for gnome-mplayer],When ffmpeg is will be depend if it will be Convert,Mplayer? Doesn't be depend...)

scabz

#627 Post by scabz »

as i was checking tharpup 6.0.2 i did lean that for pburn it needs ffmpeg for alot of actions, needed to burn a cd, so here is ffmpeg compiled as shared disabled static, it is alot smaller than that 100M static version posted in the bugs thread, this ffmpeg is 15M installed.

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-debug --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-x11grab --docdir=/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-2.5.3 --enable-gpl
ffmpeg-2.5.3-i386.pet 6M

and here is mplayer for the shared ffmpeg, doesnt include mencoder.
this is for testing and if you need more features let me know. compiled shared disabled static ffmpeg.

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-runtime-cpudetection --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-menu --enable-gui --target=i686-linux --language-doc=en --language-man=en --language-msg=en --language=en --disable-ffmpeg_a --disable-mencoder --enable-dynamic-plugins --enable-rpath
mplayer-export-2015-01-26-i686.pet 2M

Illutorium

#628 Post by Illutorium »

scabz wrote:as i was checking tharpup 6.0.2 i did lean that for pburn it needs ffmpeg for alot of actions, needed to burn a cd, so here is ffmpeg compiled as shared disabled static, it is alot smaller than that 100M static version posted in the bugs thread, this ffmpeg is 15M installed.

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-debug --enable-libass --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-x11grab --docdir=/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-2.5.3 --enable-gpl
ffmpeg-2.5.3-i386.pet 6M

and here is mplayer for the shared ffmpeg, doesnt include mencoder.
this is for testing and if you need more features let me know. compiled shared disabled static ffmpeg.

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-runtime-cpudetection --confdir=/etc/mplayer --enable-menu --enable-gui --target=i686-linux --language-doc=en --language-man=en --language-msg=en --language=en --disable-ffmpeg_a --disable-mencoder --enable-dynamic-plugins --enable-rpath
mplayer-export-2015-01-26-i686.pet 2M
Okay... FFMpeg does a compile at pass... (without libass)
But I can be have problem with a Daily MPlayer... -> "Error: libavutil/x86/asm.h header is required for shared FFmpeg" (With a Shared FFMpeg instead of Static)

scabz

#629 Post by scabz »

Illutorium if you compiled ffmpeg then then you already have asm.h which is required to compile mplayer with shared ffmpeg.

Sorry bro i do not feel i need to teach you how to compile, you can figure it out you are close.

scabz

#630 Post by scabz »

@666philb

I finally got around to compiling Qt5, this is for testing purposes and doesnt include Qtwebkit. Qtwebkit requires ICU for Unicode and will not compile or run with out it if you can include ICU as a bugfix or something then i can recompile with Qtwebkit. Really ICU should be included anyway.

./configure -prefix /usr -bindir /usr/lib/qt5/bin -plugindir /usr/lib/qt5/plugins -importdir /usr/lib/qt5/imports -headerdir /usr/include/qt5 -datadir /usr/share/qt5 -sysconfdir /etc/xdg -docdir /usr/share/doc/qt5 -examplesdir /usr/share/doc/qt5/examples -translationdir /usr/share/qt5/translations -confirm-license -opensource -release -nomake examples -qt-xcb

Build type:    linux-g++ (i386, CPU features:)
Platform notes:

- Also available for Linux: linux-kcc linux-icc linux-cxx

Build options:
  Configuration .......... accessibility accessibility-atspi-bridge alsa audio-backend avx c++11 clock-gettime clock-monotonic compile_examples concurrent cups dbus directfb egl eglfs evdev eventfd fontconfig full-config getaddrinfo getifaddrs glib gtk2 gtkstyle iconv inotify ipv6ifname large-config largefile libudev linuxfb medium-config minimal-config mremap mtdev nis no-harfbuzz opengl openssl pcre png posix_fallocate precompile_header qpa qpa reduce_exports reduce_relocations release rpath shared small-config sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 system-freetype system-jpeg system-png system-zlib xcb xcb-qt xcb-sm xcb-xlib xinput2 xkbcommon-qt xlib xrender 
  Build parts ............ libs tools
  Mode ................... release
  Using C++11 ............ yes
  Using PCH .............. yes
  Target compiler supports:
    SSE2/SSE3/SSSE3 ...... yes/yes/yes
    SSE4.1/SSE4.2 ........ yes/yes
    AVX/AVX2 ............. yes/no

Qt modules and options:
  Qt D-Bus ............... yes (loading dbus-1 at runtime)
  Qt Concurrent .......... yes
  Qt GUI ................. yes
  Qt Widgets ............. yes
  JavaScriptCore JIT ..... yes (To be decided by JavaScriptCore)
  QML debugging .......... yes
  Use system proxies ..... no

Support enabled for:
  Accessibility .......... yes
  ALSA ................... yes
  CUPS ................... yes
  FontConfig ............. yes
  FreeType ............... system
  Iconv .................. yes
  ICU .................... no
  Image formats: 
    GIF .................. yes (plugin, using bundled copy)
    JPEG ................. yes (plugin, using system library)
    PNG .................. yes (in QtGui, using system library)
  Glib ................... yes
  GTK theme .............. yes
  Large File ............. yes
  mtdev .................. yes (system library)
  Networking: 
    getaddrinfo .......... yes
    getifaddrs ........... yes
    IPv6 ifname .......... yes
    OpenSSL .............. yes (loading libraries at run-time)
  NIS .................... yes
  OpenGL ................. desktop
  OpenVG ................. no
  PCRE ................... yes (bundled copy)
  pkg-config ............. yes 
  PulseAudio ............. no
  QPA backends: 
    DirectFB ............. yes
    EGLFS ................ yes
    KMS .................. no
    LinuxFB .............. yes
    XCB .................. yes (bundled copy)
      MIT-SHM ............ yes
      Xcb-Xlib ........... yes
      Xcursor ............ yes (loaded at runtime)
      Xfixes ............. yes (loaded at runtime)
      Xi ................. no
      Xi2 ................ yes
      Xinerama ........... yes (loaded at runtime)
      Xrandr ............. yes (loaded at runtime)
      Xrender ............ yes
      XKB ................ yes
      XShape ............. yes
      XSync .............. yes
      XVideo ............. yes
  Session management ..... yes
  SQL drivers: 
    DB2 .................. no
    InterBase ............ no
    MySQL ................ no
    OCI .................. no
    ODBC ................. no
    PostgreSQL ........... no
    SQLite 2 ............. no
    SQLite ............... yes (plugin, using bundled copy)
    TDS .................. no
  udev ................... yes
  xkbcommon .............. yes (bundled copy)
  zlib ................... yes (system library)
qt-5.2.1-i386.sfs 25MB or qt-5.2.1-i386.pet 25MB "This Qt5 is only for tahrpup and ubuntu's directory structure"

Here is the development SFS
qt_DEV-5.2.1-i386.sfs 12MB

What is Qt5 with out apps to use it so i compiled SMplayer and SMtube

smplayer-qt5-14.9.0.6690-i686.pet "requires Mplayer you can use my mplayer and ffmpeg from post above or use my mplayer with builtin ffmpeg from" http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=585
smtube-qt5-15.1.0-i686.pet "Can be used with Smplayer Vlc Mplayer and so on."

--edited my config line left a option out and removed a wrong one
Last edited by scabz on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#631 Post by oldyeller »

Has gimp be done for this pup yet?

EDIT: was just reminded of quickpet :oops: :oops: that is just how I feel at the moment.

I also just uploaded a jwm favorites menu panel that will work for this pup or any that is using jwm.

Get it Here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 061#827061

Enjoy

peebee

#632 Post by peebee »

scabz wrote:I finally got around to compiling Qt5,
Hi Scabz

Can I suggest that this deserves a thread of it's own......

See: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 153#827153 for news of LxQt 0.9.0 which requires Qt 5.3..........

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

scabz

#633 Post by scabz »

@ peebee

that qt5 was just for testing not my final version, final will have qtwebkit and such. i will start a thread when i have my final version ready.

recobayu

#634 Post by recobayu »

I found a bug in so many puppy linux varian:

1. When I change the hostname, there are an information like this: "Processing, please wait..." and a window behind that Set Hostname: done. But still like that until we press ok button or press scape in keyboard.

2. When I mount sda4 (this is C drive in windows), there are a warning dialog like this:
"The ntfs-3g driver was unable to mount the NTFS partition and returned this error message: ... ."
But I don't see that problem in lucid puppy. Is all modern puppy has this issue?
Thanks.
recobayu

LazY Puppy

#635 Post by LazY Puppy »

Can't connect to the Web via my GPRS USB Modem!

Is this a new feature of WoofCE built Puppies to not longer supporting GPRS USB Modems?

Met this already in Slacko 593...

By the way: Tahr 6.0 CE

Where is download link for Tahr 6.0.2 CE?
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

slavvo67

#636 Post by slavvo67 »

RSH:

Barry was recently questioning the same thing. If you look on his posting site, he was asking the question as to how many people are still using dial-up. It would be nice if Puppy continued to allow for this option, though I personally have no immediate need for it. I'm afraid that Puppy is starting to alienate its users by almost forcing a move to 64 bit, non-dial-up and possibly other changes. I'm sure the programmers could cut the other useless junk that's in a typical puppy distro before cutting something so important like a means to connect to the internet.

Kind regards,

Slavvo67

wyzguy

#637 Post by wyzguy »

In Tahr 6.0.2 CE, what program or filename would I need to run/edit to test
changing my default dpi from the default 96 to my lcd Native monitor dpi of 82. Yeah, I know 82 is not very good (1920x1080 resolution-27 inches).

I am not really interested in all the reasons why it won't work, browsers won't work right, and that the minimum usable fonts value is 96, etc.
I know that programs that show the dpi setting (xdpyinfo) only show the dpi correctly for Max Res (1920x1080).

Thanks

666philb

#638 Post by 666philb »

scabz wrote:@666philb

I finally got around to compiling Qt5, this is for testing purposes and doesnt include Qtwebkit. Qtwebkit requires ICU for Unicode and will not compile or run with out it if you can include ICU as a bugfix or something then i can recompile with Qtwebkit. Really ICU should be included anyway.
hi scabz,

i would include all dependencies in the .sfs including ICU as the .sfs is mainly for people who want to compile qt5 apps.

there is something missing from your packages. qt5 has some cmake configuration files that install to /usr/lib/cmake... if you grab qtbase5-dev and extract it you'll see what i mean. each qt5 component has it's own cmake config files.

666philb

#639 Post by 666philb »

LazY Puppy wrote:Can't connect to the Web via my GPRS USB Modem!

Is this a new feature of WoofCE built Puppies to not longer supporting GPRS USB Modems?

Met this already in Slacko 593...

By the way: Tahr 6.0 CE

Where is download link for Tahr 6.0.2 CE?
hi LazY Puppy
http://ftp.nluug.nl/ibiblio/distributio ... 20-6.0-CE/

there's an option in the connect wizard for 'wireless GPRS modem' .. is this not working?

666philb

#640 Post by 666philb »

wyzguy wrote:In Tahr 6.0.2 CE, what program or filename would I need to run/edit to test
changing my default dpi from the default 96 to my lcd Native monitor dpi of 82. Yeah, I know 82 is not very good (1920x1080 resolution-27 inches).

I am not really interested in all the reasons why it won't work, browsers won't work right, and that the minimum usable fonts value is 96, etc.
I know that programs that show the dpi setting (xdpyinfo) only show the dpi correctly for Max Res (1920x1080).

Thanks
hi wyzguy

possibly menu>>>desktop>>>font manager

although you may need to edit /usr/sbin/fontmanager to get 82