tahrpup install

Booting, installing, newbie
oldbones

tahrpup install

#1 Post by oldbones »

Have just successfully installed tahrpup-6.0 to my hard drive and was surprised just how painless it was. I didn't feel a thing lol.

Have never used the Pale Moon web browser before but i've got it running the way i want so that's ok.

Hope someone would tell me how i can update the system. Have not tried

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade 
yet!

Thought i'd ask in the forum first.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Hey, OB, that's great. Now how about a little follow up thank you for the folks here that put forth the effort to give you their warm and welcoming replies.. It doesn't cost anything.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

oldbones

#3 Post by oldbones »

Yes you are quite right Semme. How amiss of me. But i have now replied to that earlier post and thanked everyone for their kind and generous offers of help.

But i am still trying to fathom out how i might update my tahrpup OS. Any help or advice is really appreciated. Thanks in advance

backi

Re: tahrpup install

#4 Post by backi »

oldbones wrote:Have just successfully installed tahrpup-6.0 to my hard drive and was surprised just how painless it was. I didn't feel a thing lol.

Have never used the Pale Moon web browser before but i've got it running the way i want so that's ok.

Hope someone would tell me how i can update the system. Have not tried

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade 
yet!

Thought i'd ask in the forum first.
No that is not the way it is done ...you can not do it like UBUNTU does.
Here something about fixes and updates in Tahr.

"updates & bugfixes
If you open Quickpet you'll see a 'tahrpup update/bug fixes' button. As bugs are discovered and fixed, clicking on this button will install all the latest fixes, so it's a good idea to check this regularly.
After numerous fixes, they'll all be combined into a puppy service pack. when a service pack is available, you'll be prompted about it automatically when you open the puppy package manager."

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=96178

oldbones

#5 Post by oldbones »

Hi backi

Have only just finished updating the system via Puppy Package Manager. I also installed a Puppy service pack as well.

Big thanks for all the help and advice. Cheers mate!