Fatdog64-700/701 [April 22 2015] [CLOSED]

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Billtoo

#321 Post by Billtoo »

JustGreg wrote:I finally had to print something with Fatdog64 version 700. I really do not print a lot. I looked for the hplip_print and hplip_scan packages. They are not available in the repositories. Previously, rcrsn51 made two pet packages for Fatdog64 version 631, which work great.

If the rcrsn51 pet packages contents are applicable to Fatdog64 version 700, then I will extract the files from the pet packages and make version 700 packages. Thank you in advance for any information or help on this.
Hi JustGreg,

I purchased an hp envy 5530 wireless printer the other day.

I downloaded the hplip_print_fd600-3.14.4.pet and right clicked on it
choosing to convert it to the new format;
hplip_print_fd600-3.14.4-x86_64-PET.txz, then right clicked on it once
again and chose to install it.
Did the same for the hplip_scan_fd600-3.14.4.pet.

Rebooted, and printed a pdf file successfully (wireless)
I haven't tried scanning yet.

Bill

PS

Thanks to rcrsn51 for the pets.

JustGreg

#322 Post by JustGreg »

Thank you, Billtoo and DrDeaf. This is what I need to know. Now to get some time to make a regular package from the pets. Thanks again for the help.
Enjoy life, Just Greg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Ted Dog

#323 Post by Ted Dog »

Lassie= Language And Such Stuff Internationals Expect. :lol:

L18L

StuffIsAlsoNeededInsideNations

#324 Post by L18L »

Ted Dog wrote:Lassie= Language And Such Stuff Internationals Expect. :lol:
Nice one.

StuffIsAlsoNeededInsideNations

Assuming you are one of the downloaders test (right click OR use parameter: -h ) this preview (might be next version, thanks prehistoric) please:

Code: Select all

usage()
{
 local ACTION TEXT
 TEXT=
 ACTION=

if [ ! -d /usr/share/locale/af/ ]; then
  [ "`whoami`" = "root" ] || TEXT="$(gettext 'Your administrator can add Native Language Support.')"  	
  TEXT="$TEXT 
  $(gettext 'Download and load Native Language Support now?')"	
  ACTION='download'
 else
  TEXT=" $(gettext 'Usage:')
  ${0##*/} [$(gettext 'OPTION')] [ $(gettext 'newLANG') ]

$(gettext 'OPTION:') 
  -h $(gettext 'this help')

$(gettext 'Examples:')
  ${0##*/} en
  ${0##*/} en_AU
  ${0##*/} en_CA
  ${0##*/} en_US
  ${0##*/} nl_BE

${0##*/} _______ $(gettext 'GUI')

"

[ "`whoami`" = "root" ] || TEXT="$TEXT
  $(gettext 'Your administrator can add a locale.')"  
  TEXT="$TEXT
  $(gettext 'Add a locale now?')"	
 fi

Xdialog --icon "$LOCALES_ICON"  --title "${0##*/}" --left --backtitle "$(eval echo `gettext 'Version $Version'`)" --default-no --yesno "
 $(gettext 'Purpose:')
 $(gettext 'switch to one of your existing UTF-8 locales')

$TEXT " 0 0 
 case $? in 0) # yes button pressed
  case $ACTION in 
    download) # something like this?
     cd /aufs/devsave
     wget http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/sfs/700/fd64-nls_700.sfs \
     && load_sfs.sh --load /aufs/devsave/fd64-nls_700.sfs
     ;;
  esac
  source /usr/sbin/fatdog-choose-locale.sh ;;
 esac

exit 1
}

jamesbond

New 32-bit compatibility and wine sfs

#325 Post by jamesbond »

Easter present for all:

Uploaded new 32-bit compatibility library: 32bit-slacko6.sfs, which is based on Slacko 6 beta (5.9.3) from 01micko from June 2014, which in turn is based from Slackware 14.1. It comes with glibc 2.17 and other newer stuff. Thanks Mick !!

Uploaded new wine sfs: wine-1.7.39-v2.sfs, which is a re-packaged of green_dome (aka version2013)'s latest excellent work wine-1.7.39-v2.1.pet. Also is available wine-depends-v2.sfs, which is a re-package of green_dome's wine-building dependencies for racy (wine-compile-deps-racy55.sfs). Most programs don't need wine-depend.sfs, but some (like iexplore) does. Thanks green_dome/version2013 !!

If you are wondering why the wine.sfs is so big compared to green_dome's work, that is because I included wine-gecko and wine-mono in the sfs so that you don't need to download them separately.

Note1: Mirrors may take about a day to catch up before these files show up.
Note2: The new 32-bit compatibility library has not been extensively tested yet. I know it is good enough to run adb and skype, but that's all I have tested so far. If you have problems with it, you can still use the older one (32bit-slacko-3.sfs in the distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/sfs/700/old folder), or better, report it to me, perhaps I can do something about it, or even better submit your fix :)
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

Sage

#326 Post by Sage »

X-Slacko compatible?

olinm

#327 Post by olinm »

@ jamesbond

Is there any point in people contributing to the project if you are going to rudely ignore people?

:?:

Ted Dog

#328 Post by Ted Dog »

rudely ignore... how would you know? He could be just pleasantly ignoring someone. Most people I know in real life just plainly ignore people, being rude takes too much effort. What is the point of ignoring people if you get worked up about it?
well at least we know what a spoiled poster thinks of people who ignore them. :roll: < there an eye roll

EDIT: He did answer that remaster question!!! FatDog64 is different that external remaster tool does not apply, ask that TOOL developer to support FatDog64 not the other way around, geessh, Fatdog64 has its OWN remaster tool its not hard to learn, and it WORKS NOW!

olinm

#329 Post by olinm »

What does that have to do with what Abdulrahman , Bindee and everyone else like myself that is confused and is waiting for an official response from a Dev?

Bloody ridiculous when a project becomes like a private eleet club.

Ted Dog

#330 Post by Ted Dog »

If you want user answers: Here it goes

This thread is confusing the crap out of me. = Yep that is on par with the way Forum is made to work, I get confused too

What is the latest ISO ? They Edit title to reflect current, most often edit first post to reflect current, most 'devs' do the same

Does the re-master work ? Yes, with an issue that pack list is lost, minor does not effect other programs

Does Sound work and save it's settings ? Yes, No and Yes. IF YOU set up sound with control panel test it works, then remaster, it sticks, otherwise will default to unset for most of us.

Apart from FireFox and Flashplayer what needs to be updated before re-mastering ? Use Gslapt to check and load updates, its done via that. There is generally more updates than are posted here. You should update video drivers as well, but be sure to boot TWICE to clear up all Xwindows settings.

My preference is to make a MASTER remaster, where I setup everything EXCEPT video drivers. Since I have machines with different video drivers, I then reMaster AGAIN per machine with Video drivers setup for the hardware.

Hope that helps :)

Pavan

#331 Post by Pavan »

Ted Dog wrote:This thread is confusing the crap out of me. = Yep that is on par with the way Forum is made to work, I get confused too

What is the latest ISO ? They Edit title to reflect current, most often edit first post to reflect current, most 'devs' do the same
Yes 99% of other projects since the mid 90's have the decency to do that but not this project apparently.

Look at what is tucked away on page 20 posted by James about :

fatdog-update-700-noarch-1.txz

No updates in the first post , No explanation for first time users , No clarification for existing users , just half arsed amateurish updates flung here and there to mess people about.

No clean ISO to start with to keep thing compact and neat.

A final that isn't a final and they obviously want the attention of people asking the same questions over and over again instead of just fixing it once.

If they don't have the time or the equipment to fix , rebuild and repack releases into a single clean install then they should get someone on the project that can , Otherwise it's just a private project between Kirk and James that should just be kept for use between themselves and not even be put out for public release.

Fatdog is now so far away from the Puppy linux ( Easy Pet and ISO ) concept that i don't even understand why it is on here under puppy projects.

jamesbond

#332 Post by jamesbond »

Sage wrote:X-Slacko compatible?
I would say no, since it only includes libraries from standard Slacko. No XFCE libraries included.
olinm wrote:What does that have to do with what Abdulrahman , Bindee and everyone else like myself that is confused
Olinm, I will only say this once. I am thankful for your pointing out the latest CVEs or updates etc. I have also answered your each and every question in the past, so I don't see why you feel you are still confused, especially since you have never raised questions like what these people are asking.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

mavrothal

#333 Post by mavrothal »

Can fd700 connect to wifi networks if the passphrase contains spaces?

Latter: It would appear that net-setup.sh fails but wpa_supplicant GUI works with passphrases with space.
Last edited by mavrothal on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

olinm

#334 Post by olinm »

jamesbond wrote:Olinm, I will only say this once. I am thankful for your pointing out the latest CVEs or updates etc. I have also answered your each and every question in the past, so I don't see why you feel you are still confused, especially since you have never raised questions like what these people are asking.
I'm not raising their questions , i'm confused to why some people get a reply yet others seemly get ignored when people like Bindee have contributed to this project by finding the pipeline fix that no one else could resolve.

Hence why i raised the question " what is the point in contributing to this project if people get ignored "

So if someone like him/her can fix things and get confused and regulars like Ted Dog say they are confused then what is it going to take for you to give clear clarification and direction to this project so people are not asking the same questions over and over again?

A new release , updating the information on the first post ???

What ever it is only you and Kirk are responsible for that , people are not telepathic and you can't expect people to grasp everything about this project considering you are now brewing your own version.

This project may make sense to you and kirk and maybe a couple of others but the logic of taking regular file extension such as txz for example and implementing in a ( poke and hope it might work with slackware files ) non standard way is hardy rocket science why people are getting confused.
jamesbond wrote:Olinm, I will only say this once.
I'm sure you didn't mean that the way is sounds considering that me and you have always got on ok but do you realize how pissy , rude , arrogant and condescending that could be taken. ?

01micko

#335 Post by 01micko »

iconia w500

Accelerometer working by hacking the python code (mentioned in earlier post). I might just make a python sfs instead of loading the devx, will save some space. The script will take evdev or wacom in the config file. Wacom touch rotates fairly cleanly but I do get a rather odd error, "Wacom Rotation" is not a valid property or some crap. I'll see if I can get rid of it and post a package.
EDIT: the error message is "Property 'Wacom Rotation' does not exist on device" which is crap because I can rotate it on CLI without that error message so must be a python quirk. It rotates just fine. Because it's a shell command I don't think there is a way python can catch the error and suppress it.. "2>/dev/null" fails as it gives me "incorrect number of parameters" :lol:

Keyboard is a bit hard to use in portrait mode, but I might be able to chop off the number pad. Cellwriter is fairly configurable and quite usable in landscape.

The landscape sceenshot is my camera app based on mplayer (gtkdialog for the buttons). It's very effective and the 1.3Mpx camera doesn't do a bad job (for stills). As mentioned VLC is ok for motion shots but the camera is a bit hopeless for that. It would do for skype or whatever.

Next stop; hack some gtk themes with < w i d e r > scroll bars since multi touch gestures are a no go. Also setup suspend after 10 minutes of inactivity to save battery might be worthwhile.

Still fun :)
Attachments
xxxx.jpg
(45.35 KiB) Downloaded 750 times
xxx.jpg
(129.78 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Last edited by 01micko on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

L18L

sit_quick-locale-swicher

#336 Post by L18L »

Easter present for prehistoric, Ted Dog and all

Run successfully, booted savefile=none, installed attached sit_quick-loc...-1.3
EDITed: ...and RestartX

Screenshots glued by peasyglue.

top:
New language icon
default language English
left click: changing between AU and US does not make very much sense, click on OK or Cancel does no harm.
right click: sort of locale manager :lol:

middle: Yes clicked, nls downloaded from Greece.

bottom: locale selector ready for adding a locale.

Enjoy

Sorry " source " in script /usr/bin/fatdog-quick-locale-switcher is wrong.
Please delete it.

sed -i 's/ source //' /usr/bin/fatdog-quick-locale-switcher
Attachments
sit_quick-loc.png
(76.7 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
sit_quick-locale-switcher-1.3.tar.gz
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Last edited by L18L on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ted Dog

#337 Post by Ted Dog »

cool jelly beans or Easter egg shaped jelly beans, so many Easter gifts this week from the Fatdog64 "club" This year I wisely bought my own Easter candy so the young ones will get all the good stuff not just what I did not eat. :D

Ted Dog

#338 Post by Ted Dog »

could you package the on screen keyboard ( I gave up on using FD for a project since I could not get the hooks to work on the on screen keyboard ) did you win against Sven?

01micko

#339 Post by 01micko »

@Ted Dog no need. I can't remember if Cellwriter was in the main sfs or I installed it :oops: but it is in the repo. I just added a startup script.

cellwriter --keyboard-only --dock-window=2
The 'dock' param accepts 0, 1, 2 where 0 is not shown, 1 is at the top, 2 at bottom. It is toggled with the 'CW' tray icon. Sven wasn't in the way, so nothing to win :wink: .
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Yoliano

Fatdog64-700 Final

#340 Post by Yoliano »

@jamesbond
@kirk
@watchdog

Thank you all for your kind attention and solution to my issue of the non-retention of settings in Alsamixer through reboot. Thanks especially to jb for providing “fatdog-update-700-noarch-1.txz