Dropbox site on palemoon, can't "recaptcha"

Using applications, configuring, problems
dcc701

Dropbox site on palemoon, can't "recaptcha"

#1 Post by dcc701 »

(Tahrpup on USB, laptop 4g ram, no HDD)

I use dropbox mostly for records documents.
I installed the quickpet for dropbox and it seems to be working fine.
However, my young sons use this pup too (they like it) and I frankly don't want to take any chances...

I'd like to be able to just use dropbox instead via sign-in website only, no actual box on my booting USB. This would also have advantage of conserving a lot of memory.

However, Palemoon doesn't render dropbox sign-in page well:
https://www.dropbox.com/login
The basic problem seems to be that I can't see any "recaptcha" image--it has the entry box for it but not the image.

The plug-ins I have in palemoon are flash and vlc. Do I need another?
Incidentally, in the "add-ons", the "Palemoon Add-ons site" doesn't load (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_future_response) but the "Mozilla Add-ons Site" does work.

Dropbox sign in works in Chrome, but I do like Palemoon!
Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Aboard 25.3.1 their addons page connects fine.

As for Dropbox, it's good you have Chrome. No one browser can do it all.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<
mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

Funny I don't get a captcha thing for dropbox ..just a straight login.
In fact odd they want that..

Must be my crappy old firefox :)

As for that Error code: sec_error_ocsp_future_response its not happy with your clock...might be a timezone issue.
Again seems a recent annoyance.

By the way the dropbox uploader could have a profile name that known only to you if you want to keep it from others using it

mike
dcc701

#4 Post by dcc701 »

Semme--thanks for perspective. I'll just use Chrome for dropbox for now at least.

mikeb--I reset my clock info for "software matches hardware" instead of vice versa, and now the palemoon add-on site registers. Thanks! That'll prob help with other pages too.

You're right that there is no recaptcha on the sign-in page in Chrome, but when I go to https://www.dropbox.com/login# in Palemoon I just get a bare-bones and unresponsive page which--under the login email and password boxes--asks you in a third box to "type the text" but with no apparent text there to type. This reminds like recaptcha to me but it might be something else. It is completely unlike how same page renders in Chrome.
Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

Yeah, they're different alright. This is how you were expecting PM to render, correct?

Not that this addresses Palemoon's code handling, but, good DB tips page..

http://www.ampercent.com/dropbox-apps-t ... ials/7044/
Attachments
saved-chromium-page.jpg
(29.58 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<
mikeb

#6 Post by mikeb »

I just get a bare-bones and unresponsive page which--under the login email and password boxes--asks you in a third box to "type the text" but with no apparent text there to type.
hmm weird been getting that on a totally unelated site accessing through tor.... sure there is no connection.

Since dropbox use javascript and browser detection like most sites this stuff goes wrong... indeed sometimes with dropbox I get blank for the file pages yet others are ok...and then it returns. Half the reason I use my uploader gui as that always works and like you I don't use the provided sync application.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90753
Actually thinking about it if you used the command line script only that would be a good deterrent for others to try and access :)

mike
dcc701

#7 Post by dcc701 »

Hi Semme--yes, that's what I HOPE to see in Palemoon.
Thanks for the link, I should check out the chrome dropbox extension.

mikeb--do you know, is there a stock uploader gui on tahrpup that's useful for dropbox?
mikeb

#8 Post by mikeb »

mikeb--do you know, is there a stock uploader gui on tahrpup that's useful for dropbox?
I only know about the one I made.... not heard of it being included in tahr.

By the way if you get that weird capcha page again can you take a screenshot ... I have an odd feeling its the same one I got

mike
dcc701

#9 Post by dcc701 »

Hi mikeb--took a Screeny Capture of the window.
I hope it shows!
Attachments
dropboxlogin.png
(52.52 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
dcc701

#10 Post by dcc701 »

The links on the page, most or all don't work, either.
mikeb

#11 Post by mikeb »

hmm that looks like css or javascript or both are missing...perhaps its a dns or server issue just at a quick guess so you only have the raw html which tends to have many parts hidden by thee aforementione javascript/css.

The page I was getting was quite different...was more like a hijack.

mike
666philb

#12 Post by 666philb »

in palemoon .... edit>>>preferences>>advanced>>certificates>>validation
and untick 'use the online certificate status protocol ' and then try reloading the site

if it works you can turn it back on afterwards
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331
dcc701

#13 Post by dcc701 »

666philb--the untick OCSP idea worked.

UPDATE: I think it was a timezone glitch. My time zone setting that I had done in initial pup setup indicated "Los Angeles, GMT-8". That looked fine to me so I saw no reason to change it, but I noticed that there were issues with psync catapulting my desktop clock 15 hours into the future. At bigpup's behest in another discussion, I went to Set Timezone again and chose the differently-worded option there "America/Los Angeles" and now psync yields happy results and dropbox renders fine even with OCSP ticked.