thumbnails

Using applications, configuring, problems
grump

thumbnails

#1 Post by grump »

My savefile (Fatdog64) is filling up although I don't knowingly store anything there. A bit of a browse through the graphical disk map thing show a lot of thumbnails (amongst other things such as stuff in slapt-get which I though went externally somewhere into downloads).

I guess there is a lot of thumbnails because I have a lot of digital camera images I look at - so is there a way to remove the thumbnails?

I run Fatdog64 live from a USB with the savefile on the HDD.

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

I any puppy I have come across there is code in rc.shutdown that deletes all thumbnails at shutdown...perhaps fatdog is bypassing this for some reason or has its own shutdown script which does not do this.

My approach was to delete thumbs older than 30 days which seemed a good compromise as otherwise it slows down ROX filemanager a lot....but I digress.

You can also disable making thumbnails in ROX options but as a camera user that's probably undesirable.

mike

slavvo67

#3 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi Mikeb:

I don't recall ever seeing the option to delete thumbs. I created "clear cache 2" pet that basically wipes the saved jpg's, png's, etc. in the hidden browser files. Not perfect, but seems to help. I don't use it much now that I'm using a full usb install (Barry's QU).

Anywhoo...

Best,

Slavvo67

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Its hard coded into rc.shutdown...always has been so therefore no option unless you bypass it/rewrite.

mike