Puppy 2.14 Final

News, happenings
Puppy_Ninja

#21 Post by Puppy_Ninja »

Lobster wrote:Codename "V" (from the movie - worth seeing)
Excellent film, even better graphic novel.

Unfortunately I couldn't afford the reprint when I was last in England, and must suffice with remembering how good it was.

Why do you actually suggest this name?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Viva V

#22 Post by Lobster »

mouldy wrote: Who does Puppy have a vendetta against?
  • V because it is 2.15 (5= Roman V)
    V = the life force
    V for Victory
    V because we might have a new live mascot
and the Vendetta is not against but for

For faster, smaller, more efficient
and if anyone stands in our way . . .
. . . they are welcome to use their preference

So maybe we are against bloat, slow and boring

Viva Puppy V (coming soon)

"A viable, voluntary voyage to a virtual vision of valuable variety and valid venture"
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppy215

Did you enjoy Barbie yet?
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppy214
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

xandas

Fastest !

#23 Post by xandas »

As usual, each new version of Puppy is better than previous ones.
The idea of Barry, and the effort of a lot of smart guys lead to a great linux ver., fast and complete as no other. Puppy brings to life to my old pII machine, but in my daughter new and big machine all is instantaneous. Thanks to all, guys.

I use to have several versions, to leave the memory free according the work to do.
By ex. To navigate I use the strong John Murga 2.02 with Opera version.
To graphic works, Grafpup, and the giant Muppy-007 to other things, by ex. (a small example) to view powerpoint files.

In another thread of this forum ( First Looks: Puppy 2.14CE) I post some details I found with the 2.14 new version, related to thumbs not showed by Rox, some details with Alsa conf and Skype, and mht files not showed for Seamonkey and the quick filling of the CD as it stores navigator caches as saving the sessions.
Maybe may help.

RobbH

#24 Post by RobbH »

Brian C wrote:The devx_214.sfs file contains a bunch of stuff for building your own programs. You'll need it to do things like compile software. To use it, place it in the same directory as your pup_save.2fs and reboot.
What's the proper procedure when upgrading? I'm booting from CD, and I already have devx_213.sfs in place. Do I also place devx_214.sfs in the same location, leaving the old file in place? Replace the old file with the new one?

Thanks for any advice!

muggins

#25 Post by muggins »

you can place devx_214.sfs in the same location. i'd leave devx_213.sfs there until your satisfied that everything is OK with pup2.14, to save dloading it again. but if all works OK then you can delete it.

xandas

#26 Post by xandas »

Why no a kangaroo or an echidna in homage to Barry?

marksouth2000

#27 Post by marksouth2000 »

xandas wrote:Why no a kangaroo or an echidna in homage to Barry?
Going by Barry's photograph on his site, he is neither a marsupial nor a monotreme.

WhoDo

#28 Post by WhoDo »

marksouth2000 wrote:Going by Barry's photograph on his site, he is neither a marsupial nor a monotreme.
Ha! I missed you, mate! Thought you had gone to the land of the long lost Puppy! Glad to see you are still around. :P

R3MF

#29 Post by R3MF »

did i read somewhere that puppy 2.14 contained O.O.o. v1.1.5?

cheers

marksouth2000

#30 Post by marksouth2000 »

WhoDo wrote:
marksouth2000 wrote:Going by Barry's photograph on his site, he is neither a marsupial nor a monotreme.
Ha! I missed you, mate! Thought you had gone to the land of the long lost Puppy! Glad to see you are still around. :P
That's kind of you, WhoDo. I did send you email some time back, trying to post on the forum is pointless when so many of my posts go missing within hours. I guess one has to accept the risks of disagreeing with some of the admins, or not post at all. Latterly I have selected the latter course for the most part....

To answer R3MF, OO doesn't appear to be in my copy of 2.14, but WhoDo here is putting together a truly humongous 2.15CE that may meet your requirement.

Sage

#31 Post by Sage »

Good to see you back, Mark. We need folk of your calibre. We seem to be missing the extremely knowledgeable and experienced Gn2 this last few weeks. Hope he wasn't scared off by any ill-informed, aggressive personnel?!
Perhaps we could share your views on 2.14 and the proposed content of 2.15CE?

R3MF

thanks for the answer Mark

#32 Post by R3MF »

"OO doesn't appear to be in my copy of 2.14, but WhoDo here is putting together a truly humongous 2.15CE that may meet your requirement."

cheers, i have read as much about 2.15.

will the Office release still have puppy scaled requirements, as i wish to put a MS office compatible distro on a friends K62 380MHz with 64MB ram (maybe 512MB after upgrade).

alternatively, i note there may be plans to integrate O.O.o Writer and Calc into the standard version, is this still going to happen?

many thanks