One hour and 45 minutes to start Windows 10

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
nic007

#21 Post by nic007 »

Yes, different operating systems for modern portable devices. Windows are overpowering when it comes to the traditional desktop/laptop environment used at home and at office. Especially in the office environment , Windows has massive market share as far as the average office worker is concerned and that is not going to change soon.

8Geee

#22 Post by 8Geee »

I recently bought a Marshmallow Android phone. First thing I did after looading the SIM and going through Start-up was Stop/disable all the internet goodies... all of them. Google Play Services cannot be removed. Everything else that broadcasts can be dissabled. Its basically a phone that phones home to Google twice a week. NO INTERNET FOR YOU!!!

But then I don't trust "disable" either. Third-party stuff with command/control can still FORCE operation.

Regards
8Geee
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

drunkjedi

#23 Post by drunkjedi »

If you don't like "disable", you have to root your device and remove those packages.

8Geee

#24 Post by 8Geee »

Yup.

And in the maake/model phone I have, I would need to look at wether or not a third-party HAS access to C&C. There was a nasty C&C by a third-party 'mistakenly' allowed by this particular vendor of phones 2014-2016, but not all of the models were 'fixed'. My model has a release date in mid-2017, and 'should be' OK, but considering the past, I should at least check and maybe get a comment-out or delete-line. At the very least its gonna be a maze. :roll:
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."