Puppy Studio

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ciento

#101 Post by ciento »

artifus wrote:you miss my point entirely. wow! look at this thread grow! lowtech must be proud.
The point is, he is too busy with career, family difficulties, and improving a linux distribution, to deal with 'the soaps'.
I do hope a 3.4 version happens, and I hope the other puppy variants move
forward, ahead of the times.
Cheers

Revolverve

#102 Post by Revolverve »

Play safe :arrow: , install the antirabies forum serum.pet ....breathe deeply ,inhale ,exhale ,in,out..

:?

headfound

#103 Post by headfound »

As I posted before in the original threads, PuppyStudio is a well built distro but it has some real compatability problems.
Myself and others reported in the threads that it would freeze or crash on our computers. The response - don't try to run it on an old piece of crap.
Thats not helpful, especially when the 'old piece of crap' is an intel 15 750 system with 4 gigs of ram, exactly the type of pc it was apparently built for!
Download a better Computer :)
[url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTLJYDHX3g]Puppy Linux Song[/url]
[url=http://www.letterbyletter.co.uk]www.letterbyletter.co.uk[/url]

nooby

#104 Post by nooby »

I have no idea why he react the way he does. As I get it he feel hurt.

Does it really help him if we/Us mock him and tell him his behavior is bad.
Not easy to come back if one get treated that way.

I think it is better to be kind and friendly and let him take the time he need to get over the hurt feeling without putting him down too much.

While you guys see him as that hopeless what to think of that Nooby guy. Here are Nooby's typical example of spinning aimlessly up in the Clouds!

I had seen Lowtech's user name for months and thought it was a cute spelling of IOtwitch or something. I totally failed to figure it out.

My poor brain only saw a combination of chars and figurs like 1 and 3 and so on but I had not idea how to pronounce it and then I asked around and a kind guy told me in a PM that it was a cute spelling of LowTech.

I mean LowTech is a genius compared to that PropellerHead Nooby who fail to get even totally obvious things. If anybody deserves to be mocked in tar and feathers that is Nooby.

I vote for that we see LowTech as someone that are welcome back whenhim feeling hurt feel okay to be active here again.

That would be fair. Am I wrong? No criticism just my humble opinion
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

sickgut

the GNU and the forbidden ISO mwuahah

#105 Post by sickgut »

http://www.thepussycatforest.info/linux ... anilla.iso

see above URL

Hi, sickgut here. I thought it would be fun to join a flame thread and mirror something that someone doesnt want mirrored. All in the name of the GNU
Tell you what, whoever doesnt want this iso mirrored can come to my house and kill the spider that is really big and it scares me. Im tired from squealing and im frightened that it will get me in my sleep. Come and kill the spider and ill take the iso down off my site, you scratch my back and ill scratch yours.

sickgut
sickgut@gmail.com
irc freenode #puppylinux <---- find me here it will be fun to have a war on a chat channel

maans

#106 Post by maans »

Hi nooby
nooby wrote: Does it really help him if we/Us mock him and tell him his behavior is bad.
Not easy to come back if one get treated that way.
----
I think it is better to be kind and friendly and let him take the time he need to get over the hurt feeling without putting him down too much.
----
I vote for that we see LowTech as someone that are welcome back whenhim feeling hurt feel okay to be active here again.
----
That would be fair. Am I wrong? No criticism just my humble opinion
+1
Cheers Måns Mårtensson

r1tz

#107 Post by r1tz »

I think that what is more important, is the question is "Why?".

It only makes sense if you flame knowing "Why?".

From what I see, you guys are trying to put out a fire with oil.

From my experience, using oil to put out fire is not very effective, the only way to do so is use TONS of oil to deprive the fire of oxygen.
After the flames ]are put out, the forest is already almost completely burn.

If you guys want to continue adding oil to the fire... I have nothing to say.

bugman

#108 Post by bugman »

i love this thread, never see anything like this at ucuntu

[did i say that?]

anyways, puppy studio, eh, i did a six-hour recording project on regular puppy with audacity

so who cares?

as far as the iso being available, i agree with whoever cited the word release

what's free is free

may this thread be a thousand pages long . . .

nooby

#109 Post by nooby »

bugman I love the attitude of your Cat. Claws ready to scratch my face I presume. Cats are cats. :)

Maybe some Linux folks are like Cats. They are individuals and as such very different from each others. :)

Måns you have to teach me to speak Danish. Swedes are so lazy at getting the nuances right.

bugman

#110 Post by bugman »

nooby wrote:bugman I love the attitude of your Cat. Claws ready to scratch my face I presume. Cats are cats. :)
nah, that one [his name is 'keith the fruit bat'] is a peacemaker

like yourself, i might add

me? i'm just a pissant, easily ignored and only partially obfuscated . . .

eztuxer

#111 Post by eztuxer »

I deplore both the attitude, and departure of I0wt3ch.
I was quite happy that someone else took up the yoke of a highly sofisticated (rt) music puplet, which I lacked the time, capacities, and desire to achieve.
It bailed me out of having to release a 520 version of pupitup wich was planed for later when and if I found the time.
He could come back and work on "his" puplet, (yes the GNU/GPL allows him to use it, modify it, release it under the same GNU/GPL license and even commercialize it and not release it publicly).
Only stupid pride could prevent him from coming back.
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

nooby

#112 Post by nooby »

eztuxer I sure can see the whole thing from your perspective too.

Lowtech's strong reaction did take me with surprise too. But I know from personal experience how easily hurt I can be for just a casual remark like

Read the Fucking Manual and come back and ask when you have read the basic, I agree with them that is preferred and one do learn a lot that way too but not all of us can do such and then should that really mean us who fail to live up to being geeky enough that we should use the M$ Winner of the Game OS instead.

Nope I hope there should be an OS for us that need handholding too.
Sadly I am not good at giving back. Often my contribution even make the Newbie more confused but sometimes I do find the link that help them out.

I hope that after the dust has settled that LowTech can see it as more rewarding to be part of the forum than to feel that bad as he do now about us.

I felt very happy that finally after one year of failing to get my Midi going now there are enough people who have done Midi on LMMS and other such programs that I could use it with the Studio without having to learn Ubuntu permissions and such.

I can feel with LowTech but I can feel with those that think he over reacted too but even if him and me very different we seems to share that we easily get hot tempered and feel hurt over remarks or words from others.

So I hope we all realize that to walk in another's shoes are not easy.
We can only wild guess what he goes through and why it happens as dramatic as it does.

Hopefully it will solve in due time. Exchanges on internet so easily get into feelings and pride or not. Nest time maybe it is Nooby or somebody else reacting in a way we find a bit over the top. We are all humans so who knows who is next.

Wow I am wordy indeed.

eztuxer

#113 Post by eztuxer »

From a PM he sent me a the beginning of this "whole pile of crap" (this multi pages thread) I understood that things went sour over some of his posts that he deleted himself. Then our trusted dog handler (Flash, sour lemon face) removed the whole nine yard of the "studio" thread.
I can understand that Lowtech didn't like it, that he feels he has the right to suppress his posts, but once deleted the rest of the thread loses its meaning, (questions without answers, and the other way around), so it sucks, and I understand Flash action as motivated to keep things tidy and meaningful.
Not to mention probable bird's name calling that I'm not aware of.
The only thing unmovable is the sharing guaranty of the GNU/GPL license, that's what all Linux is based on, you just don't F with it without getting pretty much all Linuxians pissed.
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

Fred1234

#114 Post by Fred1234 »

[size=0].[/size]
Last edited by Fred1234 on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

rjbrewer

#115 Post by rjbrewer »

r1tz wrote:
It only makes sense if you flame knowing "Why?".

From what I see, you guys are trying to put out a fire with oil.
The common phrase usage would be "putting out fire with gasoline".

(A famous song by David Bowie from the movie "Cat People")

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

maans

#116 Post by maans »

Hi nooby
nooby wrote: Måns you have to teach me to speak Danish. Swedes are so lazy at getting the nuances right.
:D
I'm actually swedish, my passport says so,- however I've lived in Denmark all my life..
I was born in Västerås in Sweden - maybe it's the year of birth (1966) which explains the nuances, don't know... :wink:

Btw I got my name from a childrens story about a nice cat called Pelle Svanslös(without a tail). In the story there's also an evil cat, which is called Måns :oops:

Cheers Måns Mårtensson
Last edited by maans on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

RetroTechGuy

#117 Post by RetroTechGuy »

nooby wrote:bugman I love the attitude of your Cat. Claws ready to scratch my face I presume. Cats are cats. :)

Maybe some Linux folks are like Cats. They are individuals and as such very different from each others. :)
???? Ummm...you mean like this thread? "You scratch my face, and I'll scratch yours"?... :lol: :lol: :lol:
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58615]Add swapfile[/url]
[url=http://wellminded.net63.net/]WellMinded Search[/url]
[url=http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html]PuppyLinux.US Search[/url]

calexand

#118 Post by calexand »

+1 for Fred1234. LowTech was being aggravated to death by this one mouthy noob, who wouldn't stop. Add this with his other problems discussed earlier and, well...
I have been attacked in these forums and have quit and re-joined later, myself.
Apparently it is easy to forget oneself in the heat of fighting with a down machine. Or hiding behind a keyboard!
CA

nancy reagan

#119 Post by nancy reagan »

calexand wrote: +1 for Fred1234. LowTech was being aggravated to death by this one mouthy noob, who wouldn't stop. Add this with his other problems discussed earlier and, well...
I have been attacked in these forums and have quit and re-joined later, myself.
Apparently it is easy to forget oneself in the heat of fighting with a down machine. Or hiding behind a keyboard!
CA
But I amfraid Fred1234 = Lowtech himself ...

Even before the problems with his mother, he acted a few times like he did now.

And reading his own words, he himself is not very sensitive either.

bones01

#120 Post by bones01 »

I've got StudioPup. I'll use it at some stage. I'm glad someone was able to pull all these resources together as a single unit. For people like me it saves an enormous amount of time and testing.

It also provides a simple opportunity for those deeply interested in musical production etc to do more than just Audacity, great though that program is.

Thanks for your work Iowt3ch.

I don't think I'll worry about this forum anymore though.

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB