Slacko B5

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
pemasu

#121 Post by pemasu »

I have inspected the touchpad slowness problem more.
Flsynclient is just frontend for synclient. Synclient accepts same parameters as are in /root/.Flsynclient.
Flsynclient gui does not accept bigger value than 10 for MinSpeed.

Synclient accepts bigger. Conclusion, do it in console or place script in /root/Startup: synclient MinSpeed=20.

Voila ! Simplest solution for me so far.

01micko

#122 Post by 01micko »

Lobster wrote:
Puppy Phone v1 (1.1 and 1.2 are not working for me - it is being minaturised) I will be trying in a conference call in a couple of hours . . .
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyPhone
Ok.. we are getting to the pointy end... sorry I haven't had time to test psip/puppyphone... I might PM jamesbond.. he's a spy you know :wink:
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#123 Post by zigbert »

Mick

vcdimager is missing in Slacko, Is this by purpose ???
Or, did you read my manifest :D

- I don't think you did :cry:
I have looked at the woof-installed packages, and to my surprise I find cdparanoia (350kb). libcddb (300kb) and libcdio (1060kb).

I looked around and all I could find is ...

Code: Select all

# ldd $(which mplayer) 
(...)
	libcdda_interface.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0 (0xb7623000)
	libcdda_paranoia.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcdda_paranoia.so.0 (0xb761b000)
(..)
I am not enlightened at all, but these 3 libs are used for rip/playback/info of CD-audio. All this is handled by Pmusic without ANY of these libs. Isn't it possible to compile Mplayer without CD-audio support?

Sigmund

zigbert

#124 Post by zigbert »

Transmission is misspelled in Slickpet, but I wonder if it should have been there at all. It is already available from the menu :)

zigbert

#125 Post by zigbert »

If you ever need to save an extra 100kb, picpuz could be replaced by another of the great tiny games we have seen these years in Puppy.

charlie6

Slacko B5++ on Intel 82845G Brookdale on Fuji Siemens PIV

#126 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Mick,
live-cd bootup OK (got the brookdale script diplayed) - all went well except that got no sound (no barks)
Cheers, Charlie

bigpup

#127 Post by bigpup »

I can now select 1366X768 as a resolution setting. That is the native resolution for my monitor. Great support for the wide monitors.

At 1366X768 setting:
The clock in the taskbar has the last digit cut off.
A full window has the right border missing.
Appears the display is driving slightly past the right edge of screen.
No adjustments on monitor will correct this.

I did see a option for 1368X768. If that is some how being used that could cause this problem.
Attachments
resolution 1366x768.jpg
(39.92 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

rodin.s

Russian langpack

#128 Post by rodin.s »

I have made Russian langpack for Slacko B5: lang_pack_ru_slacko4997
It's automatically found by extralang at first boot if placed in /mnt/home. It's not final. I am going to update it when new Slacko is out. Size - 2.4 Mb.

zigbert

#129 Post by zigbert »

There is some general trouble with non-english chars
This trouble occurs for many apps, but Rox (which gave the names) and gtkdialog apps works fine.
Something seems to be lacking UTF-8 settings. My first thought was gtk, but since gtkdialog apps works fine, I don't know.

Sigmund

playdayz

#130 Post by playdayz »

This pet for Audacious 2.5.4 seems to work in Slacko

ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pet ... -2.5.4.pet

It is my music player of choice. The advantage over Pmusic is that it can handle huge playlists, over 6,000 tracks in my experience. I am not suggesting it be included in the iso.

wuwei

#131 Post by wuwei »

@ 01micko:

I am still battling with the poweroff function mentioned over at the B3 thread.

If I am running B5 with pfix=ram all is fine, poweroff shuts the system down.

If I use B5 with my upgraded savefile it reboots instead of shutting down. Adding sleep 2 in sbin/poweroff has no effect. Short of creating a new savefile, is there any shortcut that would maintain my otherwise very well set up savefile?

Tasgarth

#132 Post by Tasgarth »

Hi charlie6
thank you for your reminder about pfix=ram. Excusez mon oubli (Excuse my forgetfulness).

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#133 Post by Lobster »

sorry I haven't had time to test psip/puppyphone... I might PM jamesbond.. he's a spy you know
:lol:
Dogle very wisely agrees we should get Puppy Phone working
before offering as part of Slacko or as an upgrade.
The existing download from Slickpet is probably ideal . . ..

Smokey (aka Grant) and 007 (aka James) are both working on improvements. It is a useful bit of kit and should work on a variety of hardware.
At the moment we (they really) are trying to ascertain how a peer 2 peer conference call works - does it open a channel to each member or go via the Iptel server . . . plus other improvements . . .

Puppy Phone wiki page - I am using v1
but 1.3 might well be available soon . . .
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyPhone
Puppy Phone manual
http://www.smokey01.com/help/psip/psip-help.html

James has got a link from a mobile phone sip program to Puppy link . . .

. . . also . . .
Any graphic artists able to do a Slacko logo? :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

2byte

#134 Post by 2byte »

Once configured, savefile created, and rebooted most everything is working well here. This is a circa 2005 Compaq/AMD/ATI-Radeon 200G box, 1.8GHz, 512 MB ram.

The initial problems I had, have been reported earlier. Booted the CD and Xorgwizard ran instead of booting to the desktop. I was not offered my preferred 1440x900. Chose 1024x768 and continued. After getting a desktop, when I eventually waved the mouse pointer over the message at the top of the screen, the firstrun wizard came up. Set the res to 1440x900 and restarted the x server. The firstrun wizard came up again as soon as the desktop reappeared. Seems like I’ve read of this sort of thing during Lucid Puppy development?

Also Mesa is producing very low fps in glxgears (175 fps). The exact same error that Billtoo had on page 7 of this thread. Tried different fixes, no joy.

This is from /tmp/xerr.log

(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r300_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r300_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
(EE) GLX: could not load software renderer

One more thing: I like the theme! 8)

Stripe

#135 Post by Stripe »

hi all

mick congratulations you have made the puppy_slacko_4.9x.7.sfs stripe proof :lol:

seriously after reading daves's post about not being able to edit the main sfs, I tried, unsquashfs would not work and even tried changing it to a .xz but zip would not recognize it. is it possible to edit a sfs file with xz compression? and if so how?

cheers

don

01micko

#136 Post by 01micko »

Stripe proof? :lol:

yeah it can be unsquashed.. it's a woof bug that it's not included.. too tired tonight, I'll solve tomorrow :wink:

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

sszindian

SiS Card

#137 Post by sszindian »

B-5:

Same graphic problem with B-5 as previous versions, my SiS graphics just won't give me the 1440x900 resolution. Just keeps defaulting to 1224x1224 and won't take a correct. I even tried installing SiS packages from other puppys where I get the 1440x900 without problems, that doesn't work either?

>>>---Indian------>
Cloud Computing For Every Puppy (a .pet)
[url]http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69192[/url]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#138 Post by Lobster »

wuwei wrote: If I use B5 with my upgraded savefile it reboots instead of shutting down.
I had this intermittently. Should be fixed in next woof :)
http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02519
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

zigbert

#139 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:too tired tonight
Sweet dreams :)

I made a quick search and found that Tinycore has a Mplayer compiled with -nodeps. This is maybe not what we want, but it shows that it is possible to skip some libs.

While I am on to this mulitmedia-lib-nagging, I think we could skip libmad as well. Else of Mplayer, it is only normalize which uses libmad. This must be for the script normalize-mp3 which is not in use by Pburn (the only app using normalize in Slacko).

Sigmund

playdayz

#140 Post by playdayz »

For testing

TOR-Browser Bundle

Complete with Firefox 7.0.1

Anonymous web browsing

ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pet ... slacko.pet

It seems to not work unless the hardware clock is accurately set to UTC. Desktop -> Country settings -> Psync

For some reason it does not work with the browser in full screen--see message below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pburn 3.4.0 just crashed in writing an iso image to disc--the iso of B5++. The screen froze and I had to CTRL-Alt-BS. It finished the disc and crashed right after the "BurnFree was never needed" message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booting B5++ from CD, it automatically grabbed the slackosave.2fs from the 2.6.37.6 B5. One needs to boot pfix=ram to avoid that.
Last edited by playdayz on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.