Just-Lighthouse64-603/604

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Jasper

#181 Post by Jasper »

Hi Dry Falls,

This morning I tried the version shown in the first screen shot using a DVD+RW. Then, after the initial set-up and some changes I saved back in multi-session mode to the same DVD, then made some more changes and saved again - as per the dated save folders which appear at the beginning of the first row of that screen shot. Unlike the evening session - all boot-ups went directly to the desktop.

This evening I booted again from that same DVD (this time using normal mode) and after the initial set-up I made many changes by repeatedly saving updates to my hard drive and rebooting - with my final desktop as shown in the second screen shot below. The only minor hitch being that I needed to type "xwin" to get to the original desktop and then to each successive desktop update.

So I am most grateful for your time and expertise in updating this outstanding Puppy distro with its file and window manager versatility and, in my personal opinion, an excellent choice of applications.

I'll refrain from giving other less talented testers any advice about what to do and/or what not to do if they encounter problems with this superb set of gift versions.

My regards and thanks
Attachments
JL64-602f(1).png
(107.48 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
JL64-602f(2).png
(237.14 KiB) Downloaded 539 times

Dry Falls

#182 Post by Dry Falls »

Thanks Jasper. I appreciate that. It's not too surprising that your box boots to the prompt. but "xwin" actually gives you a desktop? I get the desktop right off, but I routinely run xorgwizard-puppy to select the KMS driver because it's preferable to this built-in intel driver running through the evdev module xorg chooses.

Also thanks for specifying the build you tested: JL64-602f. There seems to be some confusion as to which version posters are testing. That's not really being maintained since I finally decided to follow Q5sys' advice and change the distro specs. It's advertised as "retro".

@admin: I'm sure the confusion is my fault, but could you move the posts on the previous page which concern L64-602b-mariner to that thread -- " Lighthouse 64 602 Beta2 with GIMP-2.8.4 (6-29-2013)"? Otropogo did specify that was what he was working on, but gcmartin wasn't sure and that kind of confusion can spread, as if it's not bad enough already.

@stemsee: Which one are you trying out? It would help considerably if you could relay to us what the computer was telling your intuition! I'm as of this minute going to follow your example and start applying a date to everything I upload. I should have done that in the first place!

@twimc: the delta patches and kernel packages are (at least from here on) for applying to a save file if you're working on an earlier version. If you get the latest iso, you won't need them.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I won't apologize for being scatter-brained. It's built-in and well sealed (I think they used Jb-weld).

df

Dry Falls

#183 Post by Dry Falls »

uploaded 150804-JL64-603.iso. k4.13. patched.

gcmartin

#184 Post by gcmartin »

PC is Intel non-touch dualcore with 4GB RAM.
Having a problem with 150804 where booting a DVD Live pristine (both options 2 and 3) after an idle period on nonuse, the system locks with NO keyboard or mouse ability. Hitting the power button should usually pop the Shutdown service, but, does not either.

System is frozen in each use!

PC is AMD non-touch X2 with 4GB RAM.
Traditional inability to boot.
Booting system wrote:Loading drivers needed to access disk drives...usb........ done
Locating main file and session files...JL64-603.sfs not found. Dropping out to initial-ramdisk console...
Same DVD used on both desktop PCs. Will provide any info you request.

Dry Falls

#185 Post by Dry Falls »

gcmartin wrote:PC is Intel non-touch dualcore with 4GB RAM.
Having a problem with 150804 where booting a DVD Live pristine (both options 2 and 3) after an idle period on nonuse, the system locks with NO keyboard or mouse ability. Hitting the power button should usually pop the Shutdown service, but, does not either.

System is frozen in each use!
Been trying to reproduce this with an install to usbflash, grub menu 3b which is the same as dvd-live except pmedia=*. No luck until I had seamonkey loaded and tuned into google drive, with 12 sfs loaded in ram and five partitions mounted while copying large files and editing the initrd. Similar test with 22 sfs loaded in ram but no seamonkey failed to freeze. This is also an intel machine, 4G ram.

You might want to download k4.0.1.tar.gz and slap it into the iso if that worked better. You did, however, boot to a desktop, which I guess is progress.

As for your AMD box, I'd stick with a system which works.

Anyone else having problems with AMD and Just-Lighthouse? Or I should say, Is anyone with an AMD box NOT having issues with JL64?

df

James C

#186 Post by James C »

Dry Falls wrote: Or I should say, Is anyone with an AMD box NOT having issues with JL64?
Guess that would be me. :D

Latest version live cd with no save file on this AMD dual-core with 4 gb ram.No problems at all.Full disclosure,there are two JL frugal installs already on this box.

Between the various versions I've either tested or actually installed JL64 on I believe 5 AMD boxes ranging from old Athlon 64 single -core up to my octo-core. Pretty smooth sailing for the most part overall.

HTH.

Code: Select all

-Computer-
Processor		: 2x AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Memory		: 4046MB (518MB used)
Machine Type		: Physical machine
Operating System		: Puppy Linux
User Name		: root (root)
Date/Time		: Tue Aug  4 19:30:01 2015
-Display-
Resolution		: 1440x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer		: Gallium 0.4 on NVA8
X11 Vendor		: The X.Org Foundation
-Audio Devices-
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
Audio Adapter		: PC-Speaker - pcsp

-Version-
Kernel		: Linux 4.1.3-JL-64 (x86_64)
Version		: #1 SMP Tue Jul 28 15:20:22 PDT 2015
C Library		: GNU C Library version 2.17 (stable)
Distribution		: Puppy Linux
-Current Session-
Computer Name		: Just-Lighthouse64

bash-4.2# free
             total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:       4046980      1724064      2322916       416692       156808
-/+ buffers:            1567256      2479724
Swap:     14540792            0     14540792

James C

#187 Post by James C »

Same live cd,default boot,on a newer UEFI AMD box.

Booted to a prompt,used xorgwizard to select appropriate driver for the GTX-750 card and now running desired 1920x1080 screen resolution.Appears to be working well in this quick test.

System:    Host: Just-Lighthouse64 Kernel: 4.1.3-JL-64 x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) Desktop: Openbox 3.5.0 Distro: unknown
Machine:   Mobo: ASUSTeK model: M5A97 LE R2.0 version: Rev 1.xx Bios: American Megatrends version: 2202 date: 12/12/2013
CPU:       Octa core AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core (-MCP-) cache: 16384 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm) bmips: 56191.4 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1700.00 MHz 2: 1400.00 MHz 3: 1400.00 MHz 4: 3500.00 MHz 5: 1700.00 MHz 6: 1400.00 MHz 7: 1700.00 MHz 8: 1400.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: nVidia Device 1381 bus-ID: 01:00.0 X.org: 1.12.3 driver: N/A tty size: 124x24 Advanced Data: N/A for root 
Audio:     Card-1: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:14.2 Sound: ALSA ver: k4.1.3-JL-64
           Card-2: nVidia Device 0fbc driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 01:00.1 
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller 
           driver: r8169 ver: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d000 bus-ID: 02:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 1120.2GB (-) 1: id: /dev/sda model: KINGSTON_SV300S3 size: 120.0GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: WDC_WD10EZEX size: 1000.2GB 
Partition: 
RAID:      No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 22.8C mobo: N/A gpu: 30.0 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 184 Uptime: 12 min Memory: 576.0/7885.2MB Runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 4.8.2 
           Client: Shell (bash 4.2.53) inxi: 1.9.7 

video-info-glx 1.5.3 Tue 4 Aug 2015 on Just-Lighthouse64 603  Linux 4.1.3-JL-64 x86_64
  0.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 1381 (rev a2)  
  oem: NVIDIA
  product: GM107 Board - 20100051 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg   Driver: modesetting
X.Org version: 1.12.3
  dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (508x285 millimeters)
  depth of root window:    24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x300)
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.4

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
 Core 0: @1400  1: @1700  2: @1400  3: @1400  4: @1700  5: @1400  6: @1400  7: @1400  MHz

Dry Falls

#188 Post by Dry Falls »

Thanks, James C. That feels better,

GCMartin, have you tried Lxpup64 v15.05.1 on your amd box? That has the best booting system I've come across (uefi hybrid) and it's basically the lighthouse/fd system. I can have the kernel package & grub,cfg on one partition, the base file on another and a save file/folder on a third and it never goofs. Also runs live without a hitch. It's got a more recent xorg server and busybox and pup frontend. If that doesn't work for you, I'd wonder about the health of your box. Oh, and loading the swap and firewall are pretty simple fixes.

On the other hand, I'm not saying JL64 is without fault either. As stemsee said, something could still be amiss. This kernel has the big, new firmware package, but there might be some udev rules particular to certain hardware which would be of use to you.

df

Sylvander

#189 Post by Sylvander »

1. Is there any method in jl64-603 to disable auto-save of session changes during the session, but be able to manually save by clcicking the "Save..." icon?
a. I normally boot from a CD-RW, and save my pupsave files in folders on a partition on an internal HDD, but edit the isolinux.cfg file so that pmedia=ataflash, and therefore the Puppy "thinks" its pupsave is on a Flash Drive.
I then use "Puppy Event Manager->Save session->Save interval=0" to disable auto saving.
b. I also use one method or another to be offered the opportunity at shutdown/reboot "to save or not to save".

2. Way back...when I first tried the original Lighthouse Puppy...
Tazoc told me of his built-in command [I've forgotten it now] that disabled auto-save...
But it only did this for the session for which the command had been invoked.
I tried it, and it worked, but it was just too much trouble to do this at every boot.
He said he intended [in the next release] to make a command that disabled auto-saving for every session, until re-enabled.
But he never did make that "next release".
Is such a thing included in this version?
And if not, might it be?

Dry Falls

#190 Post by Dry Falls »

Hi Sylvander. I don't have an isolinux-friendly box, so I didn't edit the cfg the same way. In fact, I just spaced it out. But what you're looking for is the default (first) entry in grub.cfg:

pfix=noautosave,copy,fsck
Insert this ahead of line 33 on isolinux.cfg:

label lhp-save-on-demand
linux vmlinuz 
append pfix=noautosave,copy
initrd initrd.xz
menu label 1a ^Just-Lighthouse64
text help
  Start Just-Lighthouse64 with save-on-demand
endtext
The fsck parameter is optional (filesystem check) but only adds about 5-10 seconds to boot. You might want to change line 3 from "timeout 100" to "timeout 10"

your pmedia=ataflash is a good idea. I'll put up a more detailed post a bit later.

df

Dry Falls

#191 Post by Dry Falls »

Here's the official note on boot parameters for setup:
tazoc wrote:The following are mostly in GRUB/Syslinux setup for installed LH64. Files are found automatically at bootup but these can help the 'init' script.

Examples:

pdev1=sdc1      The boot partition.
psubdir=lhp601  Subfolder into which LH64 is installed, (1 level deep.)
psavemark=2     Partition number (in boot drive) to save session to.
pmedia=usbflash Type of media booting from. Choose one of these:

usbflash usbhd usbcd ataflash atahd atacd atazip scsihd scsicd cd
I've now replaced 'lhp' with 'jl64', 'LH64' with 'JL64'. In lighthouse, cd and dvd are treated as synonyms, but the menu must still read cd rather than dvd, even if you only have a dvd. The same scripts apply to both. The ejectsr0 button on the wbar treats it like a removeable scsi drive, but I haven't had the need for it since I removed the fatdog-style drive manager which exists in Tazoc's lighthouse.

line 410 in rc.shutdown now enables save dialog (prompt before saving session) for pupmode 6,7 and 13 in addition to 14 & 15. eventmanager already defaults to no save during session. That's easily changeable from the desktop settings menu.

Lighthouse does not support save-to-folder like fatdog or slacko. But you can run rootfs by saving to partition, as long as there are no pre-existing pupsaves in the top of the partition. In this case you must specify pdev1=sd*n in the grub or isolinux file.

On that note, if you get a basefile not found warning at first boot, it probably indicates you have another grub.cfg or isolinux.cfg on your system peripheral to the boot media (dvd/cd). You will have to temporarily rename that file to boot from the dvd/cd.

I much prefer a live usb session as the menu can be edited at will.

df
Attachments
isolinux.cfg-fake.gz
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Sylvander

#192 Post by Sylvander »

@Dry Falls

1. I used THIS METHOD to edit the content of the isolinux.cfg file included in your 150804-JL64-603.iso, and made a new iso file named 150804-jL64-603-saveondemand.iso

2. I'm well practised at doing this kind of procedure, so I think I got it right.
BUT...
The new CD-RW made using the new ISO WILL NOT BOOT.
Seems to be unseen by the UEFI BIOS, which goes on to boot Windows from the internal HDD.

3. I'm thinking...
The existing JL64save.4fs file is held in a folder on a partition on the internal HDD...
And yet there is no pmedia=ataflash setting anywhere in your isolinux.cfg file.
Is this an error, or is it OK to be thus?

4. Here's the firs few lines ingrub.cfg:

insmod png
background_image /menu.png
set timeout=10
menuentry "Default Just-Lighthouse64 - noautosave" {
    linux /vmlinuz pfix=noautosave,copy,fsck

Dry Falls

#193 Post by Dry Falls »

Sylvander wrote:The new CD-RW made using the new ISO WILL NOT BOOT.
Seems to be unseen by the UEFI BIOS, which goes on to boot Windows from the internal HDD.
The problem you experienced is using isomaster on a dual-hybrid iso. There is an 800 (or maybe 8...I don't remember) "partition" on the iso isomaster doesn't pick up on. Therefore no uefi boot. The way around this is to
  • 1. create a directory on your drive named "JL64-livecdbuild"
    2. mount iso & copy contents into it (leave out 'boot.cat' to be safe, but it should be written over if you don't)
    3. menu ->setup ->Remaster Lighthouse
    4. remaster will ask which drive/partition you want to use for the build directory. Pick that one.
    5. Then it will find the directory you just created and ask if you want to use it with files unchanged. Hit yes. Then yes again to build the iso. The whole process only takes seconds.
I didn't have a pmedia=ataflash because the init script will find the savefile wherever you've placed it (as long as it's not more than one directory deep). Not an error. Also, JL64 does not save until shutdown (event manager setting) and it will ask you whether or not you want to save the session (rc.shutdown configuration) then. But I'm thinking to include it and some other options in a future release. Menu entry 1 (pupmode=12) does autosave for users who wish a more standard/conventional puppy configuration. Here are the pupmodes available in JL64:
  • pupmode=2 full install (not recomended -- uefi boot problems)
    pupmode=6 pdev1=sd** (rootfs or "save to partition") ata
    pupmode=7 pdev1=sd** ( " " ) usb
    pupmode=12 pmedia=*hd (ata)
    pupmode=13 pmedia=*flash (usb)
    pupmode=14 pfix=noautosave (ata)
    pupmode=15 pfix=noautosave (usb)
note: "kernel with libata pata has both sata and pata drives in ATADRIVES...
ATADRIVES='sda '"
pupmode=12,13 pmedia is 'implied' but not necessary in the cfg file
"uefi boot problems" means "I don't know how to phrase it in the grub or isolinux configs"

Dry Falls

#194 Post by Dry Falls »

Just another side note: In a frugal install or manual frugal install, make sure you copy the grub or isolinux cfg files to the root of the partition with vmlinuz &initrd.xz. Then that will be the configuration menu seen on subsequent boots. The basefile (JL64-603.sfs) and pupsave can be elsewhere. There can be some confusion if you have another grub or isolinux cfg file elsewhere -- rename them if you aren't using them. In the bios/firmware settings, you should already have cd/dvd and usb ahead of the winboot nmanager. But this would be true of any pup install, not just lighthouse.

gcmartin

#195 Post by gcmartin »

Boot Failures
Dry Falls wrote:GCMartin, have you tried Lxpup64 v15.05.1 ...
Tried it and have the same problem. Their is something unexplained happening on this AMD X2 PC with these distros. Wish I could offer some concrete evidence that would help to point the finger at the problem. Do you feel "loglevel=7" would yield insight and is it a legal option on the boot line for option 2 using LIve DVD?

P.S. I did notice on LH that the Multimedia Boot Option line has its info (at the bottom on the screen when you tab to it) a DVD.

Media used for booting
Although its my personal feeling, but, I would suggest to everyone to heed both @JamesBond, @Kirk, and @TaZoC's advice to USE DVDs. Not required to heed, but, would contain ANY issues to media on those device. "All 64bit PC/Laptops ships with ONLY DVDs. This is the manufacturer's spec that they adhere to."

It may not make any difference, but, maybe it does and is a reason the distro authors indicate that they DO NOT SUPPORT CDs for media use with their ISOs.

Now where was I ....
Requesting any options anyone feels could shed light on this. I think it is localized to just this platform, but, no way to enlighten when others have the same problem.

I will try to restore the firmware (circa 2006) to Default to see if that effects this problem in an effort to post some helpful explanation.

Funny though that Slacko64 & LH64 continue boots, but the 2015 distros are fails.

Dry Falls

#196 Post by Dry Falls »

gcmartin wrote:I would suggest to everyone to heed both @JamesBond, @Kirk, and @TaZoC's advice to USE DVDs... and is a reason the distro authors indicate that they DO NOT SUPPORT CDs for media use with their ISOs.
If you read the context around these warnings, what is not supported is saving sessions to cd. Cd's themselves work fine. Just like you can still play old music cd's on a new dvd player -- even hd-dvd! Cd is still a perfectly acceptable boot as well as live-session medium.

Slacko64 is not uefi bootable. What this suggests is that while your box IS legacy bootable, it doesn't support the newer uefi firmware boot process (the date, ca2006 is a dead giveaway!). I imagine you also have no problem with the original lighthouse uefi flash installer. It doesn't work on many (including my) machines. I had to go to the woof-ce universal installer script (the original is still available in the menu).

Try isomaster on the slacko64 iso, replacing the system files (vmlinuz, initrd.gz) and basefile (puppy_slacko64_5.9.1.sfs) with those from JL64, edit isolinux.cfg to suit (don't forget to replace initrd.gz with initrd.xz) and see how far you can get in the boot process.

If you have any success, we can make a truly retro iso for truly older 64 bit boxes!

James C

#197 Post by James C »

I just completed building a brand new UEFI AMD hexa-core box and this is the maiden live test run.No swap yet because I haven't partitioned the ssd or hdd yet.

Booted to a prompt,used "xorgwizard-puppy" and easily got the desired 1400x900 resolution.All appears to be working well from the live cd.

System:    Host: Just-Lighthouse64 Kernel: 4.1.3-JL-64 x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.2) Desktop: Openbox 3.5.0 Distro: unknown
Machine:   Mobo: ASUSTeK model: M5A97 LE R2.0 version: Rev 1.xx Bios: American Megatrends version: 2601 date: 03/24/2015
CPU:       Hexa core AMD FX-6300 Six-Core (-MCP-) cache: 12288 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm) bmips: 42145.7 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1400.00 MHz 2: 3500.00 MHz 3: 1400.00 MHz 4: 2000.00 MHz 5: 1400.00 MHz 6: 3500.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: nVidia GT218 [GeForce 210] bus-ID: 01:00.0 
           X.org: 1.12.3 driver: N/A tty size: 124x24 Advanced Data: N/A for root 
Audio:     Card-1: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:14.2 Sound: ALSA ver: k4.1.3-JL-64
           Card-2: nVidia High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 01:00.1 
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller 
           driver: r8169 ver: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d000 bus-ID: 02:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 1120.2GB (-) 1: id: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD10EZEX size: 1000.2GB 
           2: id: /dev/sdb model: KINGSTON_SV300S3 size: 120.0GB 
Partition: 
RAID:      No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 21.9C mobo: N/A gpu: 39.0 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 161 Uptime: 12 min Memory: 520.2/7886.4MB Runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 4.8.2 
           Client: Shell (bash 4.2.53) inxi: 1.9.7 

Video-Info 1.5.2 - Fri 7 Aug 2015 on Just-Lighthouse64 603 - Linux 4.1.3-JL-64 x86_64

Chip description:
    0.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)  
    oem: NVIDIA
    product: GT218 Board - 08720002 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg  Driver used: modesetting
  X.Org version: 1.12.3
    dimensions:    1440x900 pixels (381x238 millimeters)
    depth of root window:    24 planes 

-Computer-
Processor		: 6x AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Memory		: 8075MB (810MB used)
Machine Type		: Physical machine
Operating System		: Just-Lighthouse 64 6.02 MF
User Name		: root (root)
Date/Time		: Fri Aug  7 16:52:46 2015
-Display-
Resolution		: 1440x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer		: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x300)
X11 Vendor		: The X.Org Foundation
-Audio Devices-
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Audio Adapter		: PC-Speaker - pcsp

edoc

#198 Post by edoc »

Dry Falls wrote:uploaded 150804-JL64-603.iso. k4.13. patched.
Y'all's messin' up my head ...
150726-JL64-603.iso
Aug 4

150726-JL64-603.iso.md5sum.txt
Aug 4

150804-JL64-603.iso
Aug 4
I recently traded for a third used Dell Latitude D630 laptop 2x Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2.00GHz. 3067 RAM HDD: ATA Fujitsu MJA2250B 250GB SATA

Which version should I try on it, please?

Eight now I have it booted from DVD with 4.0.1-JL-64 downloaded 27July2015
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Dry Falls

#199 Post by Dry Falls »

edoc wrote:
Dry Falls wrote:uploaded 150804-JL64-603.iso. k4.13. patched.
Y'all's messin' up my head ...
opening post: release notes. And a few pages back,
Dry Falls wrote:@twimc: the delta patches and kernel packages are (at least from here on) for applying to a save file if you're working on an earlier version. If you get the latest iso, you won't need them.
I figured a new iso was warranted to go with the upgraded kernel. Didn't upload a mid-sum file for this one. If click-to-verify-iso says "ok", it's probably ok.

df

Sylvander

#200 Post by Sylvander »

@Dry Falls

1. "what you're looking for is the default (first) entry in grub.cfg:
Code:
"
My new custom-jL64-603-saveondemand.iso has in its grub.cfg file the following code:

set timeout=10
menuentry "Default Just-Lighthouse64 - noautosave" {
    linux /vmlinuz pfix=noautosave,copy,fsck
Methinks the timeout=10 is too short, because the menu flashes on screen for much less than a second [10ms?] and is gone.
How best to fix this?

2. "Insert this ahead of line 33 on isolinux.cfg:"
Here's the new/added code beginning line 33, ending on line 40:

label lhp-save-on-demand
linux vmlinuz
append pfix=noautosave,copy
initrd initrd.xz
menu label 1a ^Just-Lighthouse64
text help
  Start Just-Lighthouse64 with save-on-demand
endtext
Is this all good?

3. "You might want to change line 3 from "timeout 100" to "timeout 10"
You can see I've done this, by the code in 1 above.
Seems to have produced an undesirable result = menu time on screen too short.

4. "1. create a directory on your drive named "JL64-livecdbuild"
2. mount iso & copy contents into it (leave out 'boot.cat' to be safe, but it should be written over if you don't)
3. menu ->setup ->Remaster Lighthouse
4. remaster will ask which drive/partition you want to use for the build directory. Pick that one.
5. Then it will find the directory you just created and ask if you want to use it with files unchanged. Hit yes. Then yes again to build the iso. The whole process only takes seconds.
"
a. I deleted/eliminated "boot.catalog", but it re-appeared in the final contents on the CD-RW.
b. It was indeed easy enough to remaster the ISO file, and burn a new/apdated CD-RW.

5. " JL64 does not save until shutdown (event manager setting)"
I see the "Event Manager" "Save interval" is set to zero [0], so no auto-saving during the session, which is GOOD, but I miss the "Save..." icon on the desktop that allows me to save at a moment of my choosing. :(

6. "it will ask you whether or not you want to save the session (rc.shutdown configuration) then..."
Sadly...I'm NOT asked at shutdown/reboot whether I want "to save or not to save"; the OS just saves whether I like it or not. :( .

7. "Menu entry 1 (pupmode=12)"
This is the menu entry I normall choose; aught I to be choosing some other menu entry?
I saw, I think, that pupmodes =4 or 5 or 13 would have been more likely to suit my requirements, but [4 or 5] not available?
Which menu entry gives pupmode=13?

8. I noticed also that the fancy info in the middle of the desktop had GONE, and it would be nice to have that.