Puppy 3.01 won't load

Booting, installing, newbie
jap

#21 Post by jap »

I don't know what has happened, but I can't even get 2.12 from the Linux Bible DVD to work now. The screen freezes up ..... I can't do a thing ....... I'm wondering if I should go in and delete the pup_save301 files and all of the Debian files from hda5, and the pup_save212 files in hda1; and then start all over :!:
Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#22 Post by Béèm »

jap wrote: If that doesn't work, is there a way to wipe the whole 18Gb partition (defective Debian) and give it all to Puppy? If that is possible, would Puppy install the Grub to the MBR? Just looking for other options if I can't get the Grub to work this way ;) .
With Gparted delete that partition and re-create it.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
Consult Wikka
Use peppyy's puppysearch
jap

#23 Post by jap »

I went ahead and deleted all of the Puppy and Debian files on hda5 and the Puppy files on hda1 through Beatrix, that seems to have worked for now .... I am back on Puppy 212, and it is working fine .... I lost all of the stuff I had d/l'ed and saved, lost all of my bookmarks, etc. but at least I am able to use Puppy again :D I didn't nuke it with fdisk or gparted, just deleted all the files. when I was done, it said I had 0 Mb on the partition, so I'm assuming it will be OK. If not, I'm sure someone will tell me so. :lol:

I think I had another bad burn with the 3.01 .... I guess I'll have to get some new CDs and try burning on the wife's M$ box :( :( .