How do install Citrix Client in Puppy?

Booting, installing, newbie
kewlsnake

Re: Citrix 11 & Puppy 5.01

#21 Post by kewlsnake »

GaRailroader wrote:I tried doing the PET package but wasn't successful. I did notice that the PET package appeared to be for series 4 Puppy Linux and I am using 5.01. I ended up downloading the Citrix for Linux Client 11.100 tar.gz from the Citrix website and installing as follows:

tar xvfz packagename.tar.gz
./setupwfc

According to the readme file the OpenMotif v.2.3.1 is not required if you are using the web interface. Since I access citrix from my employer's Citrix web site I assume that I must be using the web interface. Anyway, it is working using the Puppy Browser on my P3 desktop. I was hoping to get it working on the Lenova but I've not been successful on that machine yet. Thanks for all the help, the forum and the great OS.
I'm sorry, I believe I need some more explanation for those two lines. :oops:
I've downloaded the tar.gz but I'm unsure what to do next. I've placed the tar.gz file on my desktop. I'm guessing the first line "untars" the tar.gz file but I'm still having trouble with setupwfc.
What do I exactly need to type if I placed the contents of the tar.gz file on the desktop?

Dragynn

Re: Citrix 11 & Puppy 5.01

#22 Post by Dragynn »

kewlsnake wrote:
GaRailroader wrote:I tried doing the PET package but wasn't successful. I did notice that the PET package appeared to be for series 4 Puppy Linux and I am using 5.01. I ended up downloading the Citrix for Linux Client 11.100 tar.gz from the Citrix website and installing as follows:

tar xvfz packagename.tar.gz
./setupwfc

According to the readme file the OpenMotif v.2.3.1 is not required if you are using the web interface. Since I access citrix from my employer's Citrix web site I assume that I must be using the web interface. Anyway, it is working using the Puppy Browser on my P3 desktop. I was hoping to get it working on the Lenova but I've not been successful on that machine yet. Thanks for all the help, the forum and the great OS.
I'm sorry, I believe I need some more explanation for those two lines. :oops:
I've downloaded the tar.gz but I'm unsure what to do next. I've placed the tar.gz file on my desktop. I'm guessing the first line "untars" the tar.gz file but I'm still having trouble with setupwfc.
What do I exactly need to type if I placed the contents of the tar.gz file on the desktop?
Right-click and move the file to your "home" file before executing the command.

the tar command assumes the file is in your home file I believe, worked like a charm for me. then use the setup command as listed. fired right up on two different machines for me.

kewlsnake

#23 Post by kewlsnake »

Alright, thank you it works now.

EDIT: Everything works but I do have a problem with windowfocus.
More concretely, when I open Microsoft Word and I press "Save As" the child window is hidden unless I press "Show Desktop" two times. This is the case for every child window.

kewlsnake

#24 Post by kewlsnake »

I'll bump this since alot of people probably missed my edit of my previous post.

I still have problems with Citrix even after I installed the latest version on Lucid Puppy 5.1.1 .

When I for example run Microsoft Word via Citrix the child windows aren't immediately displayed. When I select "save as" it doesn't show the save window unless I press the "show desktop" button two times. It's the same for other applications and child windows.

When I asked about this on another forum I got the response there was a similar bug for Citrix that could be solved server-wise but I excluded that because it worked fine on Puppy 4.3.1 with the pet package in this topic.
This is the bug they were talking about: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX117596

Do any other Lucid Puppy users have the same problem? Could this just be a dependencies problem? I've also tried installing openmotif but that didn't seem to fix it.

horhota

How do I use Puppy with dial-up Citrix server?

#25 Post by horhota »

I downloaded and installed the Citrix ICA client pet as per the instructions in the previous posts. Everything seemed to go okay. I then got the Puppy dial-out function to dial and connect to the citrix ICA server at work. However, nothing happens even if I start up the SeaMonkey browser. In my case I don't have any URL to connect to - my connection is a dial-up connection direct to a server at work. In windows I have a citrix client program installed. I just click on the work connection I created and citrix dials in, supplies my user id and pw and brings up the desktop for the server at work, I have tried wfcmgr etc but nothing seems to mention dial up or anything similar to my situation. Is there something that I need to run manually after Puppy dials out and connects? Is what I'm trying to do not possible in Puppy? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!