Facebook stopped working in Puppy

Using applications, configuring, problems
disciple

#21 Post by disciple »

The mostly working seamonkey 1.1.11 in Puppy 4.1.1 does have that... the not working firefox I have doesn't... but I suspect its problem is just that it is antique.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER
r__hughes

#22 Post by r__hughes »

I am indebted to Sit Heel Speak for this solution to my Hotmail problem (of about a year ago) and I pass it on in the hope that it may prove useful
Sit Heel Speak

Posted: Fri 21 Nov 2008, 12:21 Post subject:
I already posted this elsewhere, but this seems a more appropriate thread:

Seamonkey_1.1.15 will not let me compose+send in the new, improved Hotmail, unless I go into about:config and change
general.useragent.extra.Seamonkey
to read
Firefox/2.0 really Seamonkey/1.1.15
Good Luck
--- quad booting Slacko57NPAE, Slacko56NPAE, Slacko55PAE (with OO4, devx, Gimp) & WXP on DELL Dimension 2400 PC & DELL Latitude 630 Laptop using grub.
---USB-Flash booting same on Samsung N110 WXP Netbook and Lenovo q100 WXP netPC.
sikpuppy

#23 Post by sikpuppy »

mikeb wrote:
Changing the User Agent is the key: anything relating to Microsoft will need this to be done.
but this is needed for full functionality.....?..not yer average joe setting

mike

ps what makes you think I don't like facebook??? :D
Not your average joe setting...but it's what needs to be done unfortunately. Sites must be very tightly scripted in this regard I am guessing.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.
mikeb

#24 Post by mikeb »

Not your average joe setting...but it's what needs to be done unfortunately. Sites must be very tightly scripted in this regard I am guessing.
has the wiff of stale doggy poo

mike
sikpuppy

#25 Post by sikpuppy »

mikeb wrote:
has the wiff of stale doggy poo

mike
Maybe. Or maybe there is another school of thought which is identify the browser and render the page according to whatever the browser is. To be honest it's more a Mozilla fubar in my eyes, if they just named every one of their browsers according to the Mozilla version number there would be no problem. But they insist on making the User agent different on every release :P

If it was "Mozilla 1.9" for example (for Seamonkey 2, Firefox 3.x and all the other flavours) then there would be no issue. Lending more credence to this is the fact that Firefox has an plugin to change the User Agent on demand :P
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.