Fatdog64-520 beta 1

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
kirk

#41 Post by kirk »

rcrsn51,

Thanks for the CUPS info. The fixes will be in beta2. I made the change to cupsd.conf, but it makes me a little nervous. If I get some time I'll try to figure out why that's not working. I put in nmblookup, I left it out originally due to it's size and LameSMBexplorer manages not to use it. It's in the repo, part of the samba-extras pet, if you don't want to wait for beta2.

Myke,

I'll put your zile package in the repo.

I've been working on the Radeon problem. I got it working last night with KMS and the Gallium3d Mesa drivers. I was still having one issue with it last night. If I let Xorg load the radeon.ko module, Xorg would think KMS was not enabled. If I manually loaded the radeon.ko module and then started X, all was good. So I've rebuilt the kernel with KMS enabled by default for radeon, hopefully that does it. I'll find out tonight. Since I rebuilt Mesa, I got the latest version 7.10.3. If I get radeon working well tonight I'll upload beta2. Beta2 will have Seamonkey instead of Firefox and Thunderbird. For final there will be a Seamonkey iso and a Firefox iso. Might just make Thunderbird a pet package, don't know yet.

gcmartin

#42 Post by gcmartin »

There seems to also be a LiveCD problem. I am getting a kernel panic after 1st Save-Session to CD on reboot. The shutdown-save session-reboot progress normally. The Problem comes on reboot of the Live media.

Systems starts to initial F2 message, then continues, I can see messages where the initial loads are occuring, but I am getting the panic when it get to the part where it should be loading the save-session layer.

Hope this helps.

James C

#43 Post by James C »

FWIW, no problems here running Fatdog 64-520 from multi-session cd.
Posting from it right now.
Attachments
fd64-520.png
(37.34 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times

gcmartin

#44 Post by gcmartin »

James C wrote:FWIW, no problems here running Fatdog 64-520 from multi-session cd.
Posting from it right now.
Thanks @James C.
I see you have a video driver logged in your earlier report. My system DID NOT capture a video driver for my adapter at boot time. And, Kirk asked us to NOT use the REPO PETs. My system captured an "unknown" for my video adapter. The adapter, a PCI-e nVidia 250 is logged in my report earlier for this X2 system. I have been saving FATDOG 511 sessions continually on this desktop. But, have just run into this problem on this FATDOG 520 beta.

What is the chance that the problem is related to my system's difference? Is your video on the MB?

My CD which looks remarkably similar to yours except I only have 1 save-session, currently. The LiveCD works fine for pfix-ram.

Kirk indicates he is aiming for a system update, tonight. I'll wait and report after the next update, unless there are other ideas. My earlier system log contains a layout of my system and its peripheral. Maybe then, Kirk will give the OK on video driver PETs for FATDOG 520 allowing me use a better suited driver for this platform.

Hope this helps

James C

#45 Post by James C »

gcmartin wrote: What is the chance that the problem is related to my system's difference? Is your video on the MB?
That may very well be what is causing your problem. My video is on the mobo on this box - Nvidia GeForce 7025/nForce 630a - and Fatdog booted straight to a correct desktop here.