Where is the missing topic

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Bruce B

#41 Post by Bruce B »

I have a wonderful idea.

I wrote John de Murga and told him what I did and why.

If other administrators actually believe I did a very bad thing. Make it right. Just put it back. What are we talking about, thirty to sixty minutes?

~

nooby

#42 Post by nooby »

Bruce B wrote:Aitch demanded a topic I started be deleted. And it was.

Who deleted it?

~
As I remember I voted for that thread to stay as it was.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

tlchost

#43 Post by tlchost »

Bruce B wrote:I have a wonderful idea.
Care to share?

Bruce B

#44 Post by Bruce B »

tlchost wrote:
Care to share?
I told him I deleted the PLUG, I'd like to apologize but I can't because I did it on purpose.

~

tlchost

#45 Post by tlchost »

Bruce B wrote:
tlchost wrote:
Care to share?
I told him I deleted the PLUG, I'd like to apologize but I can't because I did it on purpose.
I don't think anyone thought it was not on purpose...and since you didn't say why, we can only make assumptions.

Looking back, we might have been able to post much more about the Plug, it's goals, received sugestions from folks annd actually started to do things had it not been for the "recent unpleasentness".

Thom

Bruce B

#46 Post by Bruce B »

Thom,

Any administrator can put it back, I couldn't and wouldn't stop them.

All nighter and I need sleep, sorry.

Regards,

Bruce

ttuuxxx

#47 Post by ttuuxxx »

Bruce I tried putting it back and it won't go in the upper level, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I tried about 15 times, I'm still new at being a administrator. Its now located at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69437 or Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » PLUG
If you can move it back please do, I you wish to not participate in the thread then fine, please don't move it again. Just don't bother to read the thread. Isn't that a simple way to fix this mess?
thanks
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Bruce B

#48 Post by Bruce B »

I am no longer an administrator.

~

alienjeff

#49 Post by alienjeff »

And all this time I thought the puppyite/jonyo clusterfornication was The Zenith of forum dramarama...
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

bruhaha

#50 Post by bruhaha »

This thread is wrongly titled in the singular.

Two topics/threads, both started by Bruce B, were deleted from this Truly off-topic area.

I suggest, notwithstanding Bruce makes no complaint of deletion, there is little doubt that Bruce himself deleted the thread in which he launched his vitriolic, yet baseless, attack on Aitch and in which he Formally Resigned his position as a Forum Administrator.

As regards the deletion of which Bruce complains so bitterly, I suggest he himself is likely to have deleted it as a smoke screen or in his severe fit of uncontrolled pique.

The three threads Bruce had locked in the pre-deleted PLUG forum contained more posts from Bruce than from any other poster and were designed to flame - as he had already expressed his personal disregard for the project. He was also, with puerile arguments, trying to denigrate sheriebeth.

Bruce had already been relieved/sacked of all and any PLUG responsibilities before he deleted that Forum without justification or authority.

Of course Bruce did many good things before he became infected, but a mere suspension from his general Administrative duties when he accepts no guilt! So who does Bruce blame for this disgraceful fiasco where he was the problem?

harii4

#51 Post by harii4 »

@bruhaha
you made an new membership just so you can attack Bruce!
Hiding under new membership?
cowardly and hypocrite :
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

Maybe i should not said anything but i thought it was an low blow - sorry
rub salt on an open wound
Can't we - all be nice?
3.01 Fat Free / Fire Hydrant featherweight/ TXZ_pup / 431JP2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace and Justice are two sides of the same coin.

nooby

#52 Post by nooby »

ttuuxxx if you find the right button also try to resurrect the post by JohnMurga that got deleted. He wrote it Saturday unless Australia had entered Sunday at that time???

Should be easy to find I hope.

If one look at John's profile it says Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:21 pm Subject: as his latest post. But he wrote to all of us yesterday too and I fail to find that one now.

So unless he himself has deleted it it would be good to have it back.
If he has deleted it should not some kind of log show that?

Bruce B

#53 Post by Bruce B »

bruhaha wrote:So who does Bruce blame for this disgraceful fiasco where he was the problem?
He blames you bruhaha. You didn't even take the time to ask the butler the basic questions one is supposed to ask, even of a lowly butler.

Q: Have you ever been in prisons?
Q: Did you work in investigations?
Q: Were cops afraid to get familiar with you?
Q: Have you ever helped prison gangs make better decisions?
Q: Have you ever snuffed anyone?
Q: Did you enjoy it?
Q: Did you sleep better after?
Q: Have you ever done anything the Warden disapproved of?
Q: Were you ever kicked out of a maximum security prison?
Q: Are you the one who arranged for Clyde to share a cell with Bubba?

~

James C

#54 Post by James C »

I suspect that bruhaha would be a permanent resident of the cellblock that houses protective custody. :lol:

nooby

#55 Post by nooby »

Here is an important message from John deMurga
... topic was filled with posts for fake users trying to impersonate myself and others, some of the posts contained malware.

As a consequence one of the admins quickly moved the post to the moderation area and took care of the fake users.

At the same time I have also been receiving several abusive mails (I'm assuming from the same source).
from here
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 670#542670

Nooby's comment.

What is it with people doing such nasty things to John and all of us.

Sylvander

#56 Post by Sylvander »

Perhaps Puppy_Linux is getting to be SO GOOD that it's beginning to worry certain competitor[s]. :D

I'd expect to see instances of attacks increase under such circumstances. :roll:

Bruce B

#57 Post by Bruce B »

Here is the most important part
John de Murga wrote:If someone thinks that they are achieving something by these attacks, they are mistaken.
~

Bruce B

#58 Post by Bruce B »

This an accidental double post.

~
Last edited by Bruce B on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce B

#59 Post by Bruce B »

Someone edited nooby's posts. Don't know who, but I can reasonably speculate why.

The primary problem was, nooby didn't quote properly. It could have been interpreted that nooby received several abusive emails.

An administrator fixed the quoting, other formatting and made the url clickable.

What happened was not transparent moderation, it was seamless moderation. A service for the benefit of all. Performed at the discretion of the administrator.

If shariebeth and followers try and assassinate the core of your character for what you did to nooby's post, give them all you got.

~

tlchost

#60 Post by tlchost »

nooby wrote: What is it with people doing such nasty things to John and all of us.
Wearing a tinfoil hat might offer some protection....Making blanket accusations might also work.