Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
majorfoo

#721 Post by majorfoo »

Downloaded your audacious-3.0.2-Pmusic-2.0-Ffmpeg-0.82-dpup.pet

when run from multimedia desktop entry, runs no problems

when run from command line receive following:
sh-4.1# audacious
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Transport/neon.so): libneon-gnutls.so.27: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Transport/smb.so): libsmbclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Output/pulse_audio.so): libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/General/notify.so): libnotify.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
process 2565: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id" is not a regular file
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
sh-4.1#
It runs ok, just receive the above messages in console

downloaded and installed audacious-deps.0.0.1.pet

when run from multimedia desktop entry, runs no problem

when run from command line, receive following:
sh-4.1# audacious
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Transport/neon.so): libneon-gnutls.so.27: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Output/pulse_audio.so): libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
process 20677: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id" is not a regular file
sh-4.1#

It runs ok, just receive these messages at console. Fewer than first time.

Downloaded and installed abiword-2.9.0-dpup.pet
requires goffice-0.8.12-dpup.pet
downloaded and installed goffice - abiword 2.9.0 runs ok

Downloaded and installed gnumeric-1.10.13-dpup.pet
From desktop entry, runs ok. Note - gnumeric-1.10.13 also requires goffice - had already been loaded with abiword above

when run from command line receive following:
sh-4.1# gnumeric
process 6072: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id" is not a regular file
sh-4.1#
It runs ok, just receive above message in console

The above provided as information

majorfoo

pemasu

#722 Post by pemasu »

Majorfoo. Since you reported the dependencies complaints. Why didnt you install the audacious-deps pet. I have posted about it a while ago.
The deps take several Mb`s and they dont stop Audacious, it is only nuisance when launched in console.
So...Install this previously announced pet.

http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/pet_pack ... -0.0.1.pet

Ok. It does not seem to be in PPM visible. I need to check why and fix it.

pemasu

#723 Post by pemasu »

Majorfoo. About that dbus uuidgen.
It is fixed by creating it in your own comp.
In console launch:dbus-uuidgen. You get the code.
Now, you need to creat file machine-id to the /var/lib/dbus.

Add that created code there, you can type it or paste it from console.
Thats it.
Why it does not create that machine-id. Well...that is the question. If somebody knows the reason, I am all ears.

yordanj94

Seamonkey 2.3.2

#724 Post by yordanj94 »

Oh yeah. ISO size with gz compression 139 Mb. Seamonkey has fatted since last version. Thats reason that ISO is 1 Mb bigger as I thought. I have prescribed Atkins diet for Seamonkey now.

Hi Pemasu.
So far everything works fine.
Maybe i missed something ,but Seamonkey shows version 2.3.1 instead of 2.3.2.
Is that correct or my mistake ?
Again thanks for that nice Exprimo.
Yordan.

pemasu

#725 Post by pemasu »

Ok. Audacious deps pet fixed. If you copy the Packages-puppy-exprimo-official from repo root folder to the root/.packages, you get it visible to the PPM. Updating the database files do it also in 15 minutes, lol.
Well...not quite, since there is temp file somewhere preventing the changes to be visible. Thats the nuisance of PPM. I need to empty /tmp before PPM database files are visible.
Best way is just to download the pet from pet_packages-exprimo folder.

Anyway. The invisibility is now fixed.

pemasu

#726 Post by pemasu »

About that Seamonkey version. Lol. I dont know. I downloaded the latest version. I did the needed changes and I made a pet of it. If you check the updates, there isnt newer version available. So...it is the newest version. Maybe I need reserve time to ophtalmologist, or...2.3.1 is the newest version and I read wrongly or...
Anyway....Seamonkey included is the newest stable official version.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.3.2
Last edited by pemasu on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

yordanj94

#727 Post by yordanj94 »

Pemasu wrote :
Maybe I need reserve time to ophtalmologist, or

That was good.
You got nice since of humor .
Send gays from SM to check their eyes

James C

#728 Post by James C »

Just booted up Slacko Beta live cd......SeaMonkey 2.3.2 :lol:

I imagine SeaMonkey will update pretty soon.
Attachments
slacko.png
(11.04 KiB) Downloaded 753 times

yordanj94

Seamonkey 2.3.2

#729 Post by yordanj94 »

Will you check :

Help-About SeaMonkey.

Maybe problem is there ?

DaveS

#730 Post by DaveS »

Did I read somewhere in this thread that compositing is now disabled?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#731 Post by pemasu »

Dave S. Yes it is, I think I removed module called comp. I got only black screen with my integrated intel. Maybe installing xorg_high would have helped. Runtt21 dont include it due to its problems to MacPup
Anyway, I dont want to include module which can lead black screen and non bootable e17 as it did with me. I need more experience and guarantee that it really works without problems.

Xcompmgr is still there if you meant that. I was spoking e17 own compositing module.

This is difficult to know which wm people are spoking.
I will upload next version without X, lol. Real barebones. Terminal - you - cosmic confusion.

yordanj94. Yes it could be. Now I remember that, lazy as I am, I copied previous profile from 2.3.1 to produce that default Puppy homepage. It could be that it crapped version information from it.
So it can be 2.3.2 masquerated to 2.3.1. Effectively it is something in between....

yordanj94

Seamonkey 2.3.2

#732 Post by yordanj94 »

Pemasu.
I just downloaded :

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.3.2

then updated Seamonkey in Shinobar's LUPQ-511 and again result was

"Seamonkey-2.3.1"

I am not so sure,but last night when i tried for the first time new "Exprimo" i remember that the browser was "Seamonkey-2.3.2"
Have you reuploaded iso after that ?
I had to download it again and then saw that.

peebee

#733 Post by peebee »

Hi Pemasu

5x5 is great!

Frisbee working tick
pnethood working tick
cups remote printing via smbc working tick
seamonkey not segfaulting tick
terminal working as expected tick
dvb-t through mplayer working tick

all this using jwm as window manager

only slight problem is the edit needed to 1vattery in startup to stop it segfaulting - could we maybe have a "Enable laptop battery indicator" item in the desktop menu that did the edit for you - as you say just leave the one line "exec vattery -acpitools"??

Thanks for all your hard work - this pup is definitely a candidate for release status - it certainly seems to be getting as much testing as the wary official releases....and you are responding to that testing in a magnificent way.

Cheers and well done
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

DaveS

#734 Post by DaveS »

peebee wrote:Hi Pemasu

5x5 is great!

Frisbee working tick
pnethood working tick
cups remote printing via smbc working tick
seamonkey not segfaulting tick
terminal working as expected tick
dvb-t through mplayer working tick

all this using jwm as window manager

only slight problem is the edit needed to 1vattery in startup to stop it segfaulting - could we maybe have a "Enable laptop battery indicator" item in the desktop menu that did the edit for you - as you say just leave the one line "exec vattery -acpitools"??

Thanks for all your hard work - this pup is definitely a candidate for release status - it certainly seems to be getting as much testing as the wary official releases....and you are responding to that testing in a magnificent way.

Cheers and well done
peebee
+1. Just need a release without the extra clutter of E17 :) :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

nancy reagan

#735 Post by nancy reagan »

DaveS wrote:[/

Same here makes the great work greater, at least for me.

peebee

#736 Post by peebee »

nancy reagan wrote:
DaveS wrote:[/

Same here makes the great work greater, at least for me.
Actually +1 for me too - I'm not keen on E17 either - switch straight to JWM....
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#737 Post by pemasu »

Thank you guys of feedback and praises. I feel slightly succeeded atm. But I am sure someone will break something somewhere, so I am still prepared to bugfix UPDATE or release.
About e17. Well...I have used many hours with compiling, testing and packaging it. I am sure you know how you feel, if you have to abandon that kind project. So...not yet. I want to see at least in my comp the result of my work.

Vattery is difficult part. Vattery-ibam gives better estimate and it "learns" when you let the battery drain to the almost empty. Have you noticed that I have made it suspend to ram, when the critical estimate level has been reached ?
Vattery-acpitool does not handle battery estimates as well. So...I have been reluctant to disable vattery-ibam. I really dont know howto improve the script so that all cases are handled properly.
About disabling script to disable misbehaving vattery-ibam binary. That I can do. I will think about it soon.
It definitively needs profound inspection. I know the problem. Now it would need better than me Vattery-ibam expert to fix the detection code properly.
Last edited by pemasu on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 14:18, edited 4 times in total.

pemasu

#738 Post by pemasu »

About Seamonkey. No I havent reuploaded 5.X.5. There hasnt been any need. How and why it informs itself as older version is still without absolute, definitive answer. I will meet Oracle today, so....

majorfoo

#739 Post by majorfoo »

pemasu wrote:Majorfoo. About that dbus uuidgen.
It is fixed by creating it in your own comp.
In console launch:dbus-uuidgen. You get the code.
Now, you need to creat file machine-id to the /var/lib/dbus.

Add that created code there, you can type it or paste it from console.
Thats it.
Why it does not create that machine-id. Well...that is the question. If somebody knows the reason, I am all ears.
Thanks - that took care of this nuisance

majorfoo

rcrsn51

#740 Post by rcrsn51 »

edoc wrote:I will try some tests with a fresh install of 5.X.3 and the current version of hplip and report the results.
FWIW, I installed several HP printers into Exprimo using hplip_print-3.11.7.pet and they all worked fine. I then did a simulated install of a Deskjet 1000 j110 and it also worked.