woof-CE needs you

News, happenings
belham2

#761 Post by belham2 »

Billtoo wrote:
belham2 wrote:
Billtoo wrote: Yes, ticking that box fixed it, produced an iso this time.
Seems that box should be ticked by default like some of the others :)

Bill and Sailor,

I don't understand.....what is ticking the 'grub2-efi' box fixing? I ticked the thing (on the build above), and it STILL did not make an ISO for me. All I got different in the "BUILD" folder in /sandbox3/ woof-out* was instead of just the normal initrd.gz, vmlinuz, puppy-tahr64_6.0.6.sfs & zdrv_tahr64_6.0.6.sfs (when not ticking the "grub2-uefi") is the inclusion of these 4 files PLUS the help. fix-usb.sh, isolinux.cfg. tahr64png, efi.img, grub.cfg, isolinux.bin and vesamenu.c32 files (these appear after ticking the 'grub2-efi' box during the ./3builddistro-Z stage).

I still got no put together ISO when ticking and/or not ticking grub2-efi. You guys got a built ISO? Is it (ISO) hiding somewhere else in the local-repositories, woof-CE and/or woof-out* folders of the designated-build partition?? Or does it mean that everything is now there to be "BURNT" to an ISO using your CD/DVD drive?? Because I chose for it NOT to burn an ISO. Is that why no put together ISO showed up? Sorry if this is a stupid question.... :oops:
I uploaded the devx and iso if you want them, most of the other files in that directory are for slack0-6.3.2, some don't work and the musher0 pets need to be renamed.

http://www.smokey01.com/Bill2/

Hi Bill,

Thanks, but i don't need the ISO or devx. I just used what was in my build's "sandbox3 folder/build" and created my own ISO to keep as a backup, and I also had the script do the devx build. What I didn't and still don't understand is if you guys are getting one put together ISO when the terminal completely finishes after ./3builddistro=Z. I've done about ~6 builds so far, and no matter if I mark or unmark "grub2-efi", no ISO is built. Just the files in the 'sandbox3/build" folder is all you get.......of course from this you can use those files to make an ISO.

Is anyone getting a complete, put together ISO directly after the ./3builddistro-Z finishes? And if so, are or did you make the choice in the build script to do an ISO (and not the sd card stuff) and also are you making the choice, when the script pops it up, to "Burn an ISO to a CD", which I presume means an ISO was made somewhere? If not, the script must be putting together what is sitting in the /sandbox3/build folder to make the ISO as it gets ready to burn it. Then you all are seeing an ISO afterwards, when it really was made because of the choice of "Burning an ISO". Is this correct?

musher0

#762 Post by musher0 »

Billtoo wrote:
musher0 wrote: Funny, that. I don't remember. Early symptom of Alzheimer's or too
many worries? :(
Hi, Billtoo.

Thanks for the compliment!

Great desktop you have there in your pic! (I'm jealous!) Wink

About SMPlayer and SMTube: did you compile them on this Puduan? If so, is there a
possibility you can make them available (including the Qt) for the rest of us?

Thanks in advance. And have a great Sunday! Smile

Here's the message.
Billtoo? Are you talking to yourself? :lol:
Ah I see:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 936#919195

I didn't compile those, you did! ;) Phew. I don't have Alzheimer's. :lol:

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

belham2

#763 Post by belham2 »

musher0 wrote:
Billtoo wrote:
musher0 wrote: Funny, that. I don't remember. Early symptom of Alzheimer's or too
many worries? :(
Hi, Billtoo.

Thanks for the compliment!

Great desktop you have there in your pic! (I'm jealous!) Wink

About SMPlayer and SMTube: did you compile them on this Puduan? If so, is there a
possibility you can make them available (including the Qt) for the rest of us?

Thanks in advance. And have a great Sunday! Smile

Here's the message.
Billtoo? Are you talking to yourself? :lol:
Ah I see:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 936#919195

I didn't compile those, you did! ;) Phew. I don't have Alzheimer's. :lol:

BFN.

Bill's a one-man compiling, testing, installing maniac! I bet he even has more frugal installs and SD card/USB installs going than I do!! Musher, I still have your Puduan on one 180GB external USB IDE drive, frugally installed, and use it once or twice a week. On this very same drive, there are (currently) 11 other pups installed....though Phil/Micko/Peebees are my go to OSes on the desktop, and Fatdog rules the few old laptops we have. I luv pups and pup-related distros, plus Linux overall.....desktop MSFT/AAPL OSes are and have been long banned from this house---family doesn't even remember Windows it's been so long, though they know Apple through handheld/phones/pads devices, no way I can stop that! :wink:

Fess up, Bill, I know you're keeping yours also up-to-date and running more pup OSes than me?! :D

666philb

#764 Post by 666philb »

Billtoo wrote:
666philb wrote:this might be because you're not ticking the 'grub2-efi' box at the start of it building the iso.
Yes, ticking that box fixed it, produced an iso this time.
Seems that box should be ticked by default like some of the others :)
there is a file in woofce to auto select packages to include, but it's not implemented in merge2out yet, so has to be done manually.

here's tahrpups 'rootfs-packages.conf' .extract and place it in the 'support' folder and it will autotick & install all the woofce applications used in the current build of tahrpup.
Attachments
rootfs-packages.conf.gz
(228 Bytes) Downloaded 109 times
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

666philb

#765 Post by 666philb »

belham2 wrote:
Billtoo wrote:
belham2 wrote:
Bill and Sailor,

I don't understand.....what is ticking the 'grub2-efi' box fixing? I ticked the thing (on the build above), and it STILL did not make an ISO for me. All I got different in the "BUILD" folder in /sandbox3/ woof-out* was instead of just the normal initrd.gz, vmlinuz, puppy-tahr64_6.0.6.sfs & zdrv_tahr64_6.0.6.sfs (when not ticking the "grub2-uefi") is the inclusion of these 4 files PLUS the help. fix-usb.sh, isolinux.cfg. tahr64png, efi.img, grub.cfg, isolinux.bin and vesamenu.c32 files (these appear after ticking the 'grub2-efi' box during the ./3builddistro-Z stage).

I still got no put together ISO when ticking and/or not ticking grub2-efi. You guys got a built ISO? Is it (ISO) hiding somewhere else in the local-repositories, woof-CE and/or woof-out* folders of the designated-build partition?? Or does it mean that everything is now there to be "BURNT" to an ISO using your CD/DVD drive?? Because I chose for it NOT to burn an ISO. Is that why no put together ISO showed up? Sorry if this is a stupid question.... :oops:
I uploaded the devx and iso if you want them, most of the other files in that directory are for slack0-6.3.2, some don't work and the musher0 pets need to be renamed.

http://www.smokey01.com/Bill2/

Hi Bill,

Thanks, but i don't need the ISO or devx. I just used what was in my build's "sandbox3 folder/build" and created my own ISO to keep as a backup, and I also had the script do the devx build. What I didn't and still don't understand is if you guys are getting one put together ISO when the terminal completely finishes after ./3builddistro=Z. I've done about ~6 builds so far, and no matter if I mark or unmark "grub2-efi", no ISO is built. Just the files in the 'sandbox3/build" folder is all you get.......of course from this you can use those files to make an ISO.

Is anyone getting a complete, put together ISO directly after the ./3builddistro-Z finishes? And if so, are or did you make the choice in the build script to do an ISO (and not the sd card stuff) and also are you making the choice, when the script pops it up, to "Burn an ISO to a CD", which I presume means an ISO was made somewhere? If not, the script must be putting together what is sitting in the /sandbox3/build folder to make the ISO as it gets ready to burn it. Then you all are seeing an ISO afterwards, when it really was made because of the choice of "Burning an ISO". Is this correct?

the iso, if succesful will be in a folder called 'woof-output-distroname'
what puppy are you building from? as i had a similar problem when building a uefi iso from an older tahrpup. try building from the 6.0.6 you have just built and make sure the devx is loaded (you can use the 6.0.5 devx if you haven't a 6.0.6 yet)

look for any errors in the terminal at the end of the build

or you can edit 00build.conf and choose not to build a uefi iso
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

jlst

#766 Post by jlst »

mavrothal wrote: to take this in the web!
All the files and folders in the SFSs (and thus the system) have 777 permissions, ie anybody can access them!
Is it really a (mostly) ummodified woof-CE build? Because if it is, it would appear that woof has a serious bug.
Any other stretch builder sees these (dangerous) file/folder permissions?
I don't remember whether my build has 777 perms.

I build every 2 weeks or so. But i never took the time to carefully analyze the build. And i won't have much time to work with puppy, every day i spend developing puppy stuff, an innocent soul is tortured in the lake of fire..

I personally just want a semi barebones puppy to add WPS Office community, deadbeef, seamonkey. I don't care how broken it is and stuff. It's broken by design.

I think i'll compile gnome-mplayer for stretch... but i don't plan to add anything else. If tuxxx has some suggestions, i might add them to the default build.

ttuuxxx

#767 Post by ttuuxxx »

belham2 wrote: I haven't even yet got a chance to look at Ttuuxxx's stretch. Ttuuxxx, what is up?? My essentially unmodified Tahr64 build I just successfully completed doesn't have those system-wide 777 permissions problems.
Hi , and not much :), working puppy, family life etc, lol
Anyways yours went ok because you did build stretch 32, you built Tahr64.
I'm going to start over again, This time I'll start by using Slack 7.0 and see if its the compile on the other distro I was using with the permissions issue.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

belham2

#768 Post by belham2 »

666philb wrote:the iso, if succesful will be in a folder called 'woof-output-distroname'
what puppy are you building from? as i had a similar problem when building a uefi iso from an older tahrpup. try building from the 6.0.6 you have just built and make sure the devx is loaded (you can use the 6.0.5 devx if you haven't a 6.0.6 yet)
Phil,

Yup, sure enough, I didn't look in the /woof-CE*/woof-output-tahr64-6.0.6-uefi folder :oops: . There all the ISOs have been all along, I was just too stupid to look there & only looking in the /sandbox3/build/ folder. Thanks!! Oh, I built the tahr64 pup using your latest tahr64 6.0.6 pup (just to be safe) :wink:

ttuuxxx wrote:
belham2 wrote: I haven't even yet got a chance to look at Ttuuxxx's stretch. Ttuuxxx, what is up?? My essentially unmodified Tahr64 build I just successfully completed doesn't have those system-wide 777 permissions problems.
Hi , and not much :), working puppy, family life etc, lol
Anyways yours went ok because you did build stretch 32, you built Tahr64.
I'm going to start over again, This time I'll start by using Slack 7.0 and see if its the compile on the other distro I was using with the permissions issue.
ttuuxxx
Tttuxxx,

No problems.........after struggling with the kernels (past 3.14.79) for the Tahr64 to work, lol, stretch, I imagine, is going to be mucho harder. But do let us know when your new stretch build attempt is done and if you can get an alpha ISO uploaded. Today, in honor of Musher's Puduan 6 I still use, I am going to give a puduan debian jessie 64 bit build a go---- which outta be even more interesting than the easy-peasy (thanks to Phil & Bill) Tahr64 build I struggled with.

Lastly:
Everyone and all,

Speaking of doing builds, anyone know what the minimum size of a dedicated build partition can be? I know Bill posted 20GB when he was helping me, but I see the size of the folders on my build partition (after everything is done) and it shows < 5GB. Would doubling this to 10GB suffice for a dedicated build partition?? II keep using dedicated 20GB build partitions, I am going to run out of room, lol, on this USB external drive real quick. If it matters, the machine I am using for builds only has 2GB RAM, so maybe that factors in what partition size I should be using, I really don't know? I know with Fatdog64 builds, Jamesbond had to explain to us with the requisite 8GB of RAM or so, just how to specifically do it so the Fatdog64 buils would complete & work.

Thanks for any replies![/quote]

belham2

building micko's xenial pup fails in 3builddistro-Z stage

#769 Post by belham2 »

Well, before I tried Debian Jessie, thought I'd try to build a Xenial 64 build. Outside of these packages missing as it looked to download things.....

Code: Select all

WARNING: firmware_linux_module_mwave pkg was not found!
WARNING: libssl pkg was not found!
WARNING: peasyscan_tahrpup pkg was not found!
WARNING: peasyscan_pdf_plugin pkg was not found!
WARNING: libpoppler-qt5 pkg was not found!
WARNING: libqt5svg-dev pkg was not found!
WARNING: qtchooser_52 pkg was not found!fim
WARNING: xserver-xorg-video-geode pkg was not found!
....I still went ahead and tried to do the build (I am using Phil's latest Tahr64 6.0.6 with devx loaded to do this Xenial 64-bit build).

Unfortunately, Micko's stuff won't even complete the ./3builddistro-Z stage. Below are two pics, first of the terminal after having started './3builddistro-Z' and it asking me which kernel I wanted to choose for the build, and then the 2nd pic of the same terminal when the ,/3builddistro-Z script stopped itself and threw this message up:

chroot: can't execute 'echo' : No such file or directory
ERROR: could not 'chroot' into sandbox3/rootfs-complete
This means that something is incomplete, perhaps a library needed by bash.  Check it out.  Have to exit script now.
Any chance, Micko, you can fix this (and the missing 7 packages above) so we can try to build some Xenial 64-bit pups? Thanks.
Attachments
beginning-builddistro-Z-stage.png
(182.75 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
ending-of-3builddistro-Z-stage.png
(201.77 KiB) Downloaded 327 times

Sailor Enceladus

#770 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

belham2 wrote:Speaking of doing builds, anyone know what the minimum size of a dedicated build partition can be? I know Bill posted 20GB when he was helping me, but I see the size of the folders on my build partition (after everything is done) and it shows < 5GB. Would doubling this to 10GB suffice for a dedicated build partition?? II keep using dedicated 20GB build partitions, I am going to run out of room, lol, on this USB external drive real quick. If it matters, the machine I am using for builds only has 2GB RAM, so maybe that factors in what partition size I should be using, I really don't know? I know with Fatdog64 builds, Jamesbond had to explain to us with the requisite 8GB of RAM or so, just how to specifically do it so the Fatdog64 buils would complete & work.
I did 3 builds on a 20GB partition (each from in seperate sub-folders) and have some other pets and sfs and built a kernel and still had some room. For me 3 builds on a 20GB partition seemed to work out about right, 4 might be cutting it too close. If you still have 15GB left I say just make another build on the same partition. My directories before I ran the git command were something like /mnt/sda2/builds/slacko /mnt/sda2/builds/tahr /mnt/sda2/builds/devuan where each went into. Since the ones I tried lately are just vanilla (so I probably won't adjust anything after making the iso), I usually delete the folders soon after and sometimes even delete the iso from my HDD after I upload and play with it cause I end up going back to my Slacko 6.9.6.4 build.

belham2

#771 Post by belham2 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
belham2 wrote:Speaking of doing builds, anyone know what the minimum size of a dedicated build partition can be? I know Bill posted 20GB when he was helping me, but I see the size of the folders on my build partition (after everything is done) and it shows < 5GB. Would doubling this to 10GB suffice for a dedicated build partition?? II keep using dedicated 20GB build partitions, I am going to run out of room, lol, on this USB external drive real quick. If it matters, the machine I am using for builds only has 2GB RAM, so maybe that factors in what partition size I should be using, I really don't know? I know with Fatdog64 builds, Jamesbond had to explain to us with the requisite 8GB of RAM or so, just how to specifically do it so the Fatdog64 buils would complete & work.
I did 3 builds on a 20GB partition (each from in seperate sub-folders) and have some other pets and sfs and built a kernel and still had some room. For me 3 builds on a 20GB partition seemed to work out about right, 4 might be cutting it too close. If you still have 15GB left I say just make another build on the same partition. My directories before I ran the git command were something like /mnt/sda2/builds/slacko /mnt/sda2/builds/tahr /mnt/sda2/builds/devuan where each went into. Since the ones I tried lately are just vanilla (so I probably won't adjust anything after making the iso), I usually delete the folders soon after and sometimes even delete the iso from my HDD after I upload and play with it cause I end up going back to my Slacko 6.9.6.4 build.

Thanks, SailorEnceladus. I guess then I can safely lower each 'build-partition' down to 8GB, and that should be good. I like doing the builds in/on their own partitions, in case I am absent-minded and do something irreversible....which I've done before, lol, not paying attention :wink:

OscarTalks

#772 Post by OscarTalks »

I have not yet tried building with Woof-CE but might give it a go soon.

My most-frequently-used Puppy at present is my remastered Pemasu Wheezy which I really like, but I am aware that Wheezy is drifting towards being old hat now, so a Woof-CE Debian Stretch build is probably what interests me most, especially since others have Ubuntu and Slackware Puppies in highly polished states of development.

I took a look at the build by ttuuxx and it was interesting even though obviously an early alpha. I guess there is quite a lot of work needed on templates and packages and stuff in order to get something more stable. I am willing to help in whatever way I can but I know that others are more experienced than me with this. To those who are doing it, your time and efforts are appreciated.
Oscar in England

Billtoo

woof-CE needs you

#773 Post by Billtoo »

I did a build of tahrpup-6.0.6 this morning and chose the Xenial 4.1.30 PAE kernel.

System: Host: puppypc19472 Kernel: 4.1.30 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 Distro: tahrpup 6.0.6
Machine: Device: desktop System: Compaq-Presario product: AU194AA-A2L CQ5123F serial: MXX9300M0F
Mobo: MSI model: Boston v: 1.0 BIOS: Phoenix v: 5.24 date: 06/19/2009
CPU: Dual core Pentium E5200 (-MCP-) speed/max: 1600/2500 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
Display Server: X.org 1.15.1 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 159x48 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8169
Card-2: D-Link System AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless Adapter(rev.C1) [Ralink RT2571W] driver: rt73usb
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (8.5% used)
Weather: Conditions: 52 F (11 C) - Overcast Time: February 23, 12:11 PM EST
Info: Processes: 147 Uptime: 36 min Memory: 181.7/4036.0MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8

First thing that I did was using the passwd command to change the root
passwd, next I edited line 93 /root/.packages/PKGS_MANAGEMENT to read

PKG_NAME_IGNORE="libudev1 udev xkb-data systemd* ${PKG_NAME_IGNORE}"

After rebooting I installed applications with PPM and Quickpet and when
finished with that I tried the passwd command again, unfortunately it's
broken now:

root# passwd root
passwd: pam_start() failed, error 26
root#

I couldn't find the kernel sources sfs for this kernel on ibiblio or
anywhere else, I wanted to install the proprietary Nvidia driver but
the nouveau driver is working well too.
Google-Earth runs great so I guess it doesn't matter :)
The older version of Kodi listed on Quickpet wouldn't download so it's
no longer available.

Anyway, this build is working well overall, as long as you remember to change the
root passwd before doing anything else.
Attachments
image-1.jpg
(112.34 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

musher0

#774 Post by musher0 »

OscarTalks wrote:I have not yet tried building with Woof-CE but might give it a go soon.

My most-frequently-used Puppy at present is my remastered Pemasu Wheezy which I really like, but I am aware that Wheezy is drifting towards being old hat now, so a Woof-CE Debian Stretch build is probably what interests me most, especially since others have Ubuntu and Slackware Puppies in highly polished states of development.

I took a look at the build by ttuuxx and it was interesting even though obviously an early alpha. I guess there is quite a lot of work needed on templates and packages and stuff in order to get something more stable. I am willing to help in whatever way I can but I know that others are more experienced than me with this. To those who are doing it, your time and efforts are appreciated.
Hello Oscar Talks.

As you can see here: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases,
Debian Jessie is the current stable release. Released in late April 2015,
its Long Term version will be supported until early June 2020.

The Debian Stretch release is in the works, but no dates have been
assigned to it yet in the table above (+/- middle of the page) by the
Debian developers.

If you don't feel like woofing up a Pup, that I know of, there are two
Dpup Jessie's already available:
-- mine, Puduan-6, at
and
-- the 2 pupjibaro's published by josejp2424:
a "regular" one with PPM at
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 475#897234
and
a version with the synaptic package manager at
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=108496
IHTH. BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

belham2

Slacko64 build with 4.2.5 kernel

#775 Post by belham2 »

Hi all,

While I am struggling away trying to build a puduan debian pup, I gave up for awhile and came back to try the dependable slacko builds. Sure enough, a Slacko64 with the latest kernel built first time thru, everything went great, and she booted straight to desktop. I cannot find (yet) a thing wrong with it, as I've been through nearly everything in the menu so far testing stuff.

Below are two pics, first with info, and second is of the same desktop just with a different theme/icons setup than I normally use (the themes come with the build). If anybody wants to download this and play with it, let me know and I'll see if Smokey will let me upload it along with the devx that was also built by the woof-CE scripts. The final build size of the ISO is 258mb. It includes the latest openssl, glibc, etc, etc are in it. For a 64-bit ISO, with the latest Firefox 45.7.0 and more included, this is not too bad. :wink:
Attachments
Slacko64-6.9.6.4-kernel-4.2.5-info.png
(190.16 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Slacko64-6.9.6.4-kernel-4.3.5.png
(98.66 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

ttuuxxx

#776 Post by ttuuxxx »

I got Devuan_Ascii to build, It was missing just a handful of things, Same compiling issues as Debian stretch with the permissions being off, grrrr
Now which one should I focus on ? 234mb iso
ttuuxxx
Attachments
scren.jpg
(78.27 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

ttuuxxx

#777 Post by ttuuxxx »

Ok this is a bit off topic but I would like to share it, I have always like the 80's large headphones, Sony made some really nice ones So I looked on ebay and found some, Never used from the 80's for $30, I said hell yeah :) they were Sony DR-S3 they had the old style large plug, So of course they wouldn't plug into the PC so I figured why not make them fit, lol So I purchased a electrical box and a steel cover , I drill a hole in the middle of the cover to fit a 1/4 -Inch Stereo Jack, Grabbed some cat 5 wire and soldered it, Then I looked up the schematics of my desktop motherboard and soldered it directly to the motherboard. Then I found a perfect hook at the hardware store to hold them and now, Perfect sound, very robust wiring , couldn't of ask for anything else better. Ok I've been eying these headphones Tube amps, lol I'm tempted to get one, But I have young kids and a tube amp might be at risk. lol Anyways here's a pic of what it looks like, Its on a pillar next to my PC.
Attachments
16976801_10154539947573577_217637257_n.jpg
(39.78 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

666philb

#778 Post by 666philb »

ttuuxxx wrote:I got Devuan_Ascii to build, It was missing just a handful of things, Same compiling issues as Debian stretch with the permissions being off, grrrr
ttuuxxx
hi ttuuxxx,

i reckon go for ascii & 'pave the way'.
once you get that right , a stretch build will be similar and easy (also works the other way around :) )

the permissions problem may also be a dependency or version problem (util-linux,busybox), in a terminal to see what's missing use

checkdeps -system
also checkout 01mickos 'petbuilds' https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/petbuilds it builds some core puppy apps.

Sailor Enceladus

#779 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

ttuuxxx wrote:I got Devuan_Ascii to build, It was missing just a handful of things, Same compiling issues as Debian stretch with the permissions being off, grrrr
ttuuxxx
I think the permissions on the devuan ISO I built before are correct? (Screenshot attached)

Could it maybe be the format of the partition you're building puppy on? I'm using ext4.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(88.56 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

ttuuxxx

#780 Post by ttuuxxx »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx
I think the permissions on the devuan ISO I built before are correct? (Screenshot attached)

Could it maybe be the format of the partition you're building puppy on? I'm using ext4.
You might have something, I run live and compile live, But I was building woof on a NTFS partition, Yes I have Windows 10, lol I only use it for 3D printing. Haven't used it in the past 6 months, lol. I also have a ext3 partition with 500GB of free space, I'll try building on that :)
ttuuxxx