pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
DaveS

#961 Post by DaveS »

YESSSSSSS! Its all there.... indexing thru symlink, meta-tags.... Brilliant thanks! Goodbye Goggles :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

zigbert

#962 Post by zigbert »

Good news
Thank you for testing and reporting.

Sigmund

zigbert

#963 Post by zigbert »

double post
Last edited by zigbert on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#964 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.2.1
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: Index music from a symlink dir (thanks to DaveS)
- Bugfix: Index with meta-tags doesn't work (thanks to DaveS)
- Bugfix: terminal output shows detected browser at startup (thanks to broomdodger)
- Bugfix: Track-info goes to albumart tab if no internet connection.
- Bugfix: Album art doesn't update when no internet connection.
- Bugfix: The playlist are not saved when starting pmusic_CD and Pmusic is open.

playdayz

#965 Post by playdayz »

zigbert, Your server is not accepting puppy / linux at the moment. I am trying to download 2.2.1. Thanks.

zigbert

#966 Post by zigbert »

Here we go
Attachments
pmusic-2.2.1.pet
(80.58 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

playdayz

#967 Post by playdayz »

Here we go
Thank you zigbert. I just posted the Instant Update yesterday for Lucid 5.2.8 with 2.2.0, which is now default for both audio player and cd player. I will post 2.2.1 as an add-on. I am making the Update for Three-Headed Dog today so I can include 2.2.1 in that. Thanks for Pmusic.

DaveS

#968 Post by DaveS »

playdayz wrote:
Here we go
Thank you zigbert. I just posted the Instant Update yesterday for Lucid 5.2.8 with 2.2.0, which is now default for both audio player and cd player. I will post 2.2.1 as an add-on. I am making the Update for Three-Headed Dog today so I can include 2.2.1 in that. Thanks for Pmusic.
221 is brilliant. Guess I should give it a couple of diplomatic days then request a new feature :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

zigbert

#969 Post by zigbert »

playdayz wrote:I just posted the Instant Update yesterday for Lucid 5.2.8 with 2.2.0, which is now default for both audio player and cd player.
Thank you for doing this. This will give Pmusic more attention, and therefor easier to develop - because of a wider usergroup for feedback.

Sigmund

zigbert

#970 Post by zigbert »

DaveS wrote:221 is brilliant. Guess I should give it a couple of diplomatic days then request a new feature :)
Brilliant feels a bit euphoric, but this kind of feedback still makes me happy :D
Pmusic does not aim for Amarok or such, but hopefully we can have a decent, newbiefriendly, and (most of all) small audioplayer.

Requests are always welcome.
Sigmund

DaveS

#971 Post by DaveS »

zigbert wrote:
DaveS wrote:221 is brilliant. Guess I should give it a couple of diplomatic days then request a new feature :)
Brilliant feels a bit euphoric, but this kind of feedback still makes me happy :D
Pmusic does not aim for Amarok or such, but hopefully we can have a decent, newbiefriendly, and (most of all) small audioplayer.

Requests are always welcome.
Sigmund
Zigbert.. Amarock is a nightmare of complexity, i-tunes is a closed loop with a glacial load time.. on and on. Goggles is good and small, but no better that Pmusic, and many times the size.
Pmusic IS brilliant, dont sell yourself short :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

broomdodger

#972 Post by broomdodger »

zigbert wrote:Pmusic Version 2.2.1
zigbert
Playlists now remember, thank you for the fix.
I posted a comment to BarryK's blog about the new pmusic in the Racy section as that is what I am using.

DaveS

#973 Post by DaveS »

Only thing in Racy is, in 221 the little green indicator arrow which shows which track is playing is now missing.
Not tested yet in Slacko.

[solved] Rebuilding /root/.pmusic fixed it.
Last edited by DaveS on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

broomdodger

#974 Post by broomdodger »

DaveS wrote:Only thing in Racy is, in 221 the little green indicator arrow which shows which track is playing is now missing.
Racy 5.1.110
Pmusic 2.2.1
Acer TravelMate 4670

The little green triangle shows here ok.

I did change the main Racy JWM theme to Flat-grey as border around the playlist did not show, well... it was white on white.
Also changed the pmusic Window preset to 'Manager'.
-Bill

DaveS

#975 Post by DaveS »

broomdodger wrote:
DaveS wrote:Only thing in Racy is, in 221 the little green indicator arrow which shows which track is playing is now missing.
Racy 5.1.110
Pmusic 2.2.1
Acer TravelMate 4670

The little green triangle shows here ok.

I did change the main Racy JWM theme to Flat-grey as border around the playlist did not show, well... it was white on white.
Also changed the pmusic Window preset to 'Manager'.
-Bill
OK... rebuilding /root/.pmusic fixed it.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

zigbert

#976 Post by zigbert »

broomdodger wrote:Also changed the pmusic Window preset to 'Manager'.
I have briefly looked at the resource usage of Pmusic, and I think you can benefit of using Manager preset. - This only use 1 instance (pid) of gtkdialog4, while Classic uses 2.

I have never used the Manager preset myself, so if you see any possible improvements, please let me know.

Sigmund

pemasu

#977 Post by pemasu »

Pmusic 2.21 in Dpup Exprimo 5X9. I just wanted to report that your improvements in radio index and jamendo works nicely. One click install was something I was hoping instead of installing index files from pet or downloading them from net.
Jamendo shows cover art and plays nicely songs. Not bad. Also jamendo database is small. I remember that database file was in Clementine several tens megabytes, in Polarpup, when you downloaded it from Clementine. Your database file is puppy size.
I have now for my purpose perfect music player, with equalizer working and I have hacked Nad3 for my purpose also. Will be in next Exprimo.
Thanks once again.....waiting for 2.3 version.... :D :D :D as I waited 2.2 version, lol.

DaveS

#978 Post by DaveS »

OK, feature request... It would be great if the album art could be displayed on the screen in a separate window, which updates as tracks are switched, so that anytime I am just using my pc as a music supply box, dinner parties etc, I could have it looking like this:

Album either downloaded in real time or (preferably) extracted from local track tags.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

zigbert

#979 Post by zigbert »

pemasu wrote:Also jamendo database is small. I remember that database file was in Clementine several tens megabytes, in Polarpup, when you downloaded it from Clementine. Your database file is puppy size.
The original db-dump from jamendo is about 130Mb+. Transforming it to a Pmusic index format made it 35Mb+. Clemetine might be using the xml-format from jamendo directly...... this has one big advantage - you can always use the updated file at jamendo.com. When installing the db in Pmusic, it is a unique Pmusic format, which will NOT be updated at the same frequency. That is why it is possible to do this convert from inside Pmusic.

The best solution would be a nightly/weekly update of the db's of radiosure and jamendo, but I am not having proper hardware to do that.

Sigmund

zigbert

#980 Post by zigbert »

DaveS wrote:OK, feature request... It would be great if the album art could be displayed on the screen in a separate window, which updates as tracks are switched, so that anytime I am just using my pc as a music supply box, dinner parties etc
This is easy to set up in Pmusic :D
Imagine you build your own preset 'Nowplaying' containg this:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
set -a
. $APPDIR/gui_misc
HEIGHT=`xwininfo -root | grep -m 1 '\geometry' | cut -f4 -d ' ' | cut -f2 -d 'x' | cut -f1 -d '+'`
WIDTH=`xwininfo -root | grep -m 1 '\geometry' | cut -f4 -d ' ' | cut -f1 -d 'x'`
GUI='
<window title="Pmusic" icon-name="gtk-media-stop" default_height="'$HEIGHT'" default_width="'$WIDTH'" decorated="false">
 <vbox homogeneous="true">
  <vbox>
   <hbox homogeneous="true">
    <vbox>
     <pixmap>
      <variable>ARTWORK</variable>
      <input file>'$HOME'/.pmusic/nowplaying_albumart.jpg</input>
     </pixmap>
    </vbox>
   </hbox>
  </vbox>
  '$GUI_PROGRESSBAR'
 </vbox>
 <action signal="hide">exit:Exit</action>
</window>'
Store it in /usr/local/pmusic/preset.
After starting the music playlist in the ordinary Pmusic you call your new preset from terminal:

Code: Select all

pmusic -j -p Nowplaying
DaveS wrote:Album either downloaded in real time or (preferably) extracted from local track tags.
The tagging lib in Pmusic is id3lib that lacks support of album art (correct me if I'm wrong). If you know a tiny lib that allows read/write of this, please tell me.

Sigmund