Can't get fluxbox dockapps to load on startup.

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
cplater

Can't get fluxbox dockapps to load on startup.

#1 Post by cplater »

I cannot get my dockapps to auto run in the puppy version of fluxbox. I can put the three I'm currently playing with in the .xinitrc file before invoking the window manager and it does work there but not when in the ~/.fluxbox/startup file or the /usr/X11R6/bin/startfluxbox file. As near as I can tell at the moment neither of these startup files seem to be running as none of the other startup commands seem to be executed especially the background image and color setting.

Anybody got this working with Puppy 2.02?

fluxit

#2 Post by fluxit »

Did you start it the first time with xwin startfluxbox?

cplater

#3 Post by cplater »

It was probably xwin fluxbox but it has been a while. I did exit and restart with xwin startfluxbox and that has brought up the dockapps. It killed the menues but I'm pretty sure I can fix that. I knew it had to be something simple but not obvious to me. Thanks.

fluxit

#4 Post by fluxit »

Info on the menu issue with Puppy 2.x is in this topic: http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=8175

cplater

#5 Post by cplater »

I didn't see the thread but figured it out anyway. The ~/.fluxbox/startup script called another that over wrote the menu file. I've commented it and will modify the script to get it do it the way I want later. I don't see the need to regenerate the menu on every startup so I will most likely leave it out of the script and just use as needed.

Thanks