Where is the "unshare" command? [SOLVED]

Using applications, configuring, problems
heywoodj

Where is the "unshare" command? [SOLVED]

#1 Post by heywoodj »

I'm trying to install the Mer platform SDK on tahr64-6.0.5 frugal and got a:

Code: Select all

bash: exec: unshare: not found
Now this project, trying to port Sailfish OS to a Galaxy S3 phone, is probably way beyond my capability but I didn't expect to be blocked by this, a non-existent command.

I checked couple of my other Puppys, tahr-6.0-CE-noPAE and Precise 5.7.1 and they didn't have it either. However an old Ubuntu 10.4(?) did have "unshare". The kernels for the Puppys are 3.9 to 3.14 while the Ubuntu is 2.6.

I would really like to develop this in Puppy, so any idea on how to proceed? I need a 64 bit Linux for this.

Thanks.
Last edited by heywoodj on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Because of potential BusyBox conflicts, DON'T install this pkg. Instead, extract ONLY what you need.

jlst

#3 Post by jlst »

This is a probably a WOOF problem? I'm not sure but I think there is a rule to only retain a handful of apps from util-linux, coreutils, etc...... that is when you build your puppy. Many essential apps are missing from the standard builds, plain and simple.

What do I think of that?.. bullshit. This is one the things that actually enrages me...

Moat

#4 Post by Moat »

Is it possibly contained in the devx, I wonder? http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pu ... _6.0.5.sfs

Bob

heywoodj

#5 Post by heywoodj »

Semme wrote:Because of potential BusyBox conflicts, DON'T install this pkg. Instead, extract ONLY what you need.
Wow, thanks! I extracted only the "unshare" from the .deb with XArchive, and I'm moving forward again. I'll mark this "solved".