The Young Pope

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
labbe5

The Young Pope

#1 Post by labbe5 »

I don't see any american movies. I am disgusted by their extreme violence.

So a series such as The Young Pope with Jude Law as the pope is a dream come true. So refreshing, so illuminating, so well played.

It is a must see, if, like me, you can't stand any american movies for their extreme violence, and you long for something intelligent, well played, original.

I would dare say it is not an american series, but an european one, because the quality of filming has a delicate european touch.

By the way, religion is not my cup of tea, so i don't recommend seeing The Young Pope for its religious content. Just for the sheer beauty of it.

belham2

Re: The Young Pope

#2 Post by belham2 »

labbe5 wrote:I don't see any american movies. I am disgusted by their extreme violence.

So a series such as The Young Pope with Jude Law as the pope is a dream come true. So refreshing, so illuminating, so well played.

It is a must see, if, like me, you can't stand any american movies for their extreme violence, and you long for something intelligent, well played, original.

I would dare say it is not an american series, but an european one, because the quality of filming has a delicate european touch.

By the way, religion is not my cup of tea, so i don't recommend seeing The Young Pope for its religious content. Just for the sheer beauty of it.

I miss movies and shows like MASH (of course, the nitpicker would say it was war caused by American hegemonism), and shows like Hogan's Heroes, The Andy Griffith Show, Streets of SanFrancisco, Columbo, The Waltons, The Avengers TV show (a delicacy my Dad would let me stay up and watch before he left for his all night shift job), Threes Company, Maude, The Jeffersons. Get Smart, Bonanza, The Cosby Show, and the always incredible The Honeymooners, and shows like this.

I'm with Labbe here: the awe-struck, in-your-face, usually-full-of-gore, or-sex, violence, profanity-laced tv shows of today are just pathetic and tells me humans overall are regressing as a species (or maybe they just need another world war to get the violent tendencies out of their genes for awhile). My heavens, I just don't understand why there isn't more of a backlash against this gutter-dwelling, basest instinct, profoundly terrible tv stuff offered today :cry:. All of my family immensely enjoys Netfilx for the very reason that they see old tv shows and just love them. My youngest teenager in the family right now is watching "That 70s Show" (and loves it), which is about as far as my wife & I will go given it struggles sometimes with the language thing.

bark_bark_bark

Re: The Young Pope

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

belham2 wrote:
labbe5 wrote:I don't see any american movies. I am disgusted by their extreme violence.

I miss movies and shows like MASH (of course, the nitpicker would say it was war caused by American hegemonism), and shows like Hogan's Heroes, The Andy Griffith Show, Streets of SanFrancisco, Columbo, The Waltons, The Avengers TV show (a delicacy my Dad would let me stay up and watch before he left for his all night shift job), Threes Company, Maude, The Jeffersons. Get Smart, Bonanza, The Cosby Show, and the always incredible The Honeymooners, and shows like this.

I'm with Labbe here: the awe-struck, in-your-face, usually-full-of-gore, or-sex, violence, profanity-laced tv shows of today are just pathetic and tells me humans overall are regressing as a species (or maybe they just need another world war to get the violent tendencies out of their genes for awhile). My heavens, I just don't understand why there isn't more of a backlash against this gutter-dwelling, basest instinct, profoundly terrible tv stuff offered today :cry:. All of my family immensely enjoys Netfilx for the very reason that they see old tv shows and just love them. My youngest teenager in the family right now is watching "That 70s Show" (and loves it), which is about as far as my wife & I will go given it struggles sometimes with the language thing.
I don't mind the violence in modern tv and movies, but I don't watch much TV these days anyways.