wine 0.9.24 Released, anyone try it yet?

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
daves_22

wine 0.9.24 Released, anyone try it yet?

#1 Post by daves_22 »

Greetings,
I have read about the recurring trouble with installing and running wine in its latest versions. I was wondering if anyone has played with this new version yet?
I am thinking of giving it a try.
Dave S. :D
cegil

#2 Post by cegil »

I got the wine.9.0.21 installed and working, but now I am trying to figure out
how to install this new version. I downloaded it, but I am not sure where it is supposed to be, etc. I just put it in My Applications. for now. Any ideas, huh?
daves_22

Reply is.......I blew up my computer ... LOL

#3 Post by daves_22 »

I Installed the 0.9.17 version at first on old puppy. I hense read on the wine forum that to get EAC(Exact Audio Copy) to run with Wine, you needed to do certain things. I noticed that my drives didnt show up in EAC, hence, the workaround was different for different users.
So I havent got it done yet as I blew up the computer with wine and puppy. So I will install the latest puppy linux, 2.12, or 2.11, and try the newest wine 0.9.24 and see if it works.
The previous time I used the dotpup, which put the .wine file in the /root directory.
I imagine if you run the wine install, you could install the dotpup, then erase the wine there, and copy the new wine files there to make it easier on you.
I am trying to put together a cd/dvd burning puppy, to use wine to get the EAC ripper (burner didnt work, but only need to rip and tag files using freedb), and optimfrog, and k3b, or some other program to make an .iso and burn the files to backup them.

I will try to post back sometime this week as my addiction to puppy linux can only be satisfied when I get some free time.

Dave S.

:D