PizzaPup website or PizzaPup forum at least

News, happenings
sml

PizzaPup website or PizzaPup forum at least

#1 Post by sml »

Are there any plans for a Pizzapup website or just a separate forum at least?
Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Not at the moment, but I could revive my forum for it. The main reason I shut it down before was that I had roughly four spams per day and two posts per month (one of which would be me).

Of course, at that time the most recent Pizzapup was based on Puppy 1.0.5, and I hadn't been doing much else on my site.

Maybe I'll do that this week.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]
sml

#3 Post by sml »

I think a separate forum within this board would be great! That is, if you know the right people to approve.
Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

Nah, don't need one here. It would be kinda cool, but Pizzapup isn't that big yet. On the other hand, if an entire section were created for custom varients with sub-sections for each, I wouldn't be opposed to having one for Pizzapup.

As for getting one approved, Flash said no to a 2.15CE forum, so I doubt I could get a Pizzapup forum if I wanted it ;)

Considering reviving my old forum makes me groan. A future version of Pizzapup might be different enough to warrant my re-opening my forum. But not in the near future. I don't have the time nor the appetite to deal with that much spam.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

I don't know if it's due to John's upgrading the forum to the latest phpBB, or the way he configured it, but spam posted to this forum has dropped dramatically since the change. There is still some, but it's a comparative trickle.

I hope I haven't jinxed the forum by saying this. :D