xlock suspends network trafffic

Please post any bugs you have found
dot

xlock suspends network trafffic

#1 Post by dot »

Hi all,

I'm afraid the xlock screen locking feature has a bug - as the heading says, it suspends network traffic. That's to say, downloads are paused until I unlock the screen. It doesn't cancel them, they pick up from where they left off (good), but what I'd like to do is go for a coffee and have the computer make good use of the available bandwidth in the meantime.

Oh, and just to make you all cringe, I'll add this in a high-pitched whine: Windows 98 did that better!

(Using standard Puppy 2.14 w/ Firefox 2.0.0.2) I can't be the only one affected by this, can I?

BTW, I haven't examined the xlock file(s) yet - are they human-readable scripts? If inserting / deleting lines of code is all there is to it, I'd be fine with that.

TIA,

dot

DrOwl

#2 Post by DrOwl »

Opps just noted this is in the bugs forum, ill post again in a more appropriate forum...

Oki nothing like reviving an old topic...

I have been searching all over and can not find a way to stop this from happening.

Basically when you start xlock networking stops responding...
Its most annoying as i get disconnected from things such as irc who have constant activity.

My main problem is when i get disconnected from ssh sessions.

I have looked on the xlock site but can not even find anything relating to this being a feature, as far as i can see it _should_ only stop x connections not network one's

Does any one know how i can stop this? or suggest a different app that can lock X =)

Thank you