LightHouse Puppy

Booting, installing, newbie
TNTtrev

LightHouse Puppy

#1 Post by TNTtrev »

Okie Dokie; let's get started!

I downloaded and installed Lighthouse Puppy. Looks great and works perfectly. The only problem I'm having is switching between the different themes that the "explorer" windows in addition to the default color scheme for apps like Mozilla are this weird kinda aqua-blue. Is there a way to change this to match the theme?

Sorry, it might be a little confusing, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Welcome!

If your SeaMonkey looks like the picture below, that's its Modern theme.

As far as Lighthouse particular questions, it's a derivative Puppy version, forum help may be a little sparse because of many people not using it.
Attachments
seamonkey-modern-theme.png
(84.36 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
WhoDo

Re: LightHouse Puppy

#3 Post by WhoDo »

TNTtrev wrote:I downloaded and installed Lighthouse Puppy. Looks great and works perfectly. The only problem I'm having is switching between the different themes that the "explorer" windows in addition to the default color scheme for apps like Mozilla are this weird kinda aqua-blue. Is there a way to change this to match the theme?

Sorry, it might be a little confusing, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.
Yep. Start(Menu)>Xdesktop and look for Gtk-Themechooser or something similar. I don't use Lighthousepup, but I think it's based on 2.15CE so it should be MU-Gtk-themechooser you use. There will be lots of themes to choose from, but try and stick to the ones with 2 next to them (Gtk2 themes)

Hope that helps
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
TNTtrev

#4 Post by TNTtrev »

It helped. Except I have one small problem. The link to the original program is broken. It says it can't find it. I still have all the themes 'cause I found those. But the themes do me no good if I can't run the GTK Theme Manager lol.

Is there a special directory I need to look in? 'Cause I've looked everywhere and I can't find the original program. Do I need to re-download it?
steevieb

#5 Post by steevieb »

Try
/usr/share/applications/GTK-theme.desktop
/usr/share/applications/MU-Gtk-Themechooser.desktop
TNTtrev

#6 Post by TNTtrev »

steevieb wrote:Try
/usr/share/applications/GTK-theme.desktop
/usr/share/applications/MU-Gtk-Themechooser.desktop
I got it working. Thanks for all the help.