Switched to pidgin (.pet), lost sound and emoticons

Booting, installing, newbie
Djof

Switched to pidgin (.pet), lost sound and emoticons

#1 Post by Djof »

Hi everyone... I seem to have a problem with pidgin: after downloading the pet from petget, both sound and emoticons aren't working anymore ... can anyone help? Thanks in advance 8)
Djof

#2 Post by Djof »

The sound part is fixed.. seems like the wavplay%s command was missing.. i added it in the sounds tab of the preferences and it works
Last edited by Djof on Fri 04 Jan 2008, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
qkall

#3 Post by qkall »

well the icons can be added manually... they should added to the .purple file... and you can download the icons from bunch of sites.. i think i got mine from customize.org... otherwise google should turn up something.
Djof

#4 Post by Djof »

ok... thanks! .. I was thinking about copying the stock msn emoticons using my windows computer... I'll see.. thanks!
SirDuncan

#5 Post by SirDuncan »

The package in the repository is incomplete. If you search the forum, you should find a package for Pidgin that includes all the images and the sound works out of the box. I don't know the link off the top of my head, though.
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath
qkall

#6 Post by qkall »

i found it last night.. its one of the most up to date pidgin..

http://puppylinux.ca/bugs/pidgin-2.3.1.pet
Djof

#7 Post by Djof »

thanks qkall.. This is waaay better.. is there any way to notice users that the pet package of the repository is broken/incomplete
TNTtrev

#8 Post by TNTtrev »

I was having the exact same problems with Pidgin using the .pet from the Pet-Package manager. They really should fix the links and update it to the new one.

Anyways, I'm still having a problem with the sound. I know it's configure properly because I listen to my CDs through my media player. I'm running the XFCE window manager if that's got anything to do with it.
Djof

#9 Post by Djof »

maybe, I say maybe the wavplay%s is nor entered properly in the sounds section of the pidgin preferences ???