Some issues (don't know if they are bugs or just need help)

Please post any bugs you have found
blairvan

Some issues (don't know if they are bugs or just need help)

#1 Post by blairvan »

A few issues, I don't know if they are bugs or what.

1.- I could never save a session. Not even in the 3.04 version. When I reboot, it loads the file with the session and then never starts, it just stays in terminal mode. I tried typing "xorgwizard", "help", etc. It did nothing.

2.- I tried to install some pet packages but they never appeared on the menu. I reboot several times. I tried to install the xpdf, the bubble game and some other. The xpdf never appeared, the bubble appeared but never started. The others didn't appeared at all either. Firefox never started either (but appeared), most of the others never appeared. I tried also installing into from local, but that didn't work either.

3.- I tried to use didiwiki, but it was impossible. I create an article, fill it and every time I hit the save box the text dissapears. (I did read the readme and I used it logged in as spot user).

4.- I installed the locales package, I configure it through the wizard wizard. Nothing changed though (what is supposed to change?), but what i really want to know is how do I change the default language in abiword. Every time I open it, I have to change the language for the spell checker in the Tools menu. The puppy wizard didn't seem to affect this.

P.D: A curiosity. I still own a copy of puppy 2.13 and when I use Internet I use that copy. The reason? It downloads at 100 kb/s (the highest download speed I have reached is 78 kb/s) I tried this with other os's and other puppy versions (including 4.0) but this only happens with 2.13. Odd.

My pc: I have plenty of space (40gb), 1.5mhz, 1000 mb ram. If anyone can help, please do so. I'm very grateful with puppy and it's community, I think it's the ultimate linux!

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Hi

It sounds like either a bad download or bad burn [too fast, maybe?]

check the md5 sum against the site you d/l'd from

or run puppy pfix=purge at the 5 second bootup window,

in case your system files are corrupted

have you tried 2.14R, as I find it's the most stable, bug fixed puppy

3.04? ? IMHO 3.01 was never finished [3.02alpha?] & 4 is still being developed

Aitch

blairvan

#3 Post by blairvan »

the iso was buggy! (and I also burnt it slower this time).
Thank you aitch