How to remove freememapplet warning message from desktop?

Using applications, configuring, problems
asprakash

How to remove freememapplet warning message from desktop?

#1 Post by asprakash »

Hello all,
One of my embedded application, I am using Puppy Linux 4.1 version. Here the memory constraint is more important. I am using DOM [Disk On module] type of memory. I have 6 MB only left in my DOM. So every booting or restart X server, getting a warning message with red color font in my desktop like, "WARNING : Personal storage getting full, strongly recommend you resize it ot delete some files!"
Anyhow I am not going to install or store any files/softwares further. I dont like to see this warning message in every boot. Once I clicked on this message, it is automatically disappeared. But I want to remove this warning from the script, permanently. Let me know how to remove this warning message. From where I need to edit the script?.

Regards,
Prakash.
Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#2 Post by Béèm »

I don't know where to find the offending statement, but I think you are taking a dangerous route.
If for some reason there is a problem that really no space at all is left, you might end up with a frozen system.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
Consult Wikka
Use peppyy's puppysearch
mikeb

#3 Post by mikeb »

look in /root/.jwmrc or /root/.jwmrc-tray ...its one of the entries in there

regards

mike
asprakash

#4 Post by asprakash »

I will try to increase the space to avoid system crash.

I already edited .jwmrc-tray and removed freememapplet from the tray. But still the freememapplet functions are running in background. So that the warning message is still appear in the desktop. I searched a lot. Cant find the script to remove this warning message.

-Prakash
mcewanw

Modifying Personal Storage getting full warning message

#5 Post by mcewanw »

Very old thread but I am now using a pupsave of only 16M with 6MB free and also wanted to control this warning message. On my Slacko533 system I found that it is generated by the shell script /sbin/pup_event_frontend_d. Here are the two sections of code there which can be modified so that the warning message does not popup or only pops up when pupsave size is even smaller (e.g. use -lt 5 at lines 479 and 513):

Code: Select all

# In Slacko533 version at line 479 onwards
 if [ $SIZEFREEM -lt 10 ];then
  if [ -d /initrd/pup_rw/lib/modules/all-firmware -a "$ZDRVINIT" = "yes" ];then
   delete_func /initrd/pup_rw #save layer is at top, delete mods.
  else
   LANG=$OLDLANG
   WARNMSG="$(gettext 'WARNING: Personal storage getting full, strongly recommend you resize it or delete files!')"
   LANG=C
  fi

Code: Select all

# In Slacko533 version at line 513 onwards
 if [ $SIZEFREEM -lt 10 ];then
  if [ -d /initrd/pup_ro1/lib/modules/all-firmware -a "$ZDRVINIT" = "yes" ];then
   delete_func /initrd/pup_ro1 #delete modules in save layer only.
  else
   LANG=$OLDLANG
   WARNMSG="$(gettext 'WARNING: Personal storage file getting full, strongly recommend you resize it or delete files!')"
   LANG=C
  fi
 fi
github mcewanw