Printer wont stop printing job

Booting, installing, newbie
patjr

#1 Post by patjr »

I tried to print a note from my google mail. It was one of those aol messages that gets passed around. OK I should have known better! Well, me thinks, ah "print" that's it. Well what I wanted was a bout 5 paragraphs long, but the printing started to print every message that the note had been forward with, over 100 pages! Yiks! My paper, my wallet, my printer!

I tried to use the CUPS printer wizard to "CANCEL" the the job, "HOLD" to at least stop it, and finally I tried to delete the frig'n printer to get to stop. I even tried to read the help section and use the cryptic conceal things listed in the help section. Me googles, me reads, me tries. No joy.

The error it spit back at me was something about not being "privileged" I know my place, I know I'm not privileged, does this machine have to rub my face it? Ouch!

OK, any tips on how I can get this job canceled and turn my printed back on without it reeling out page after page of this gibberish? Oh, grand wizards of the puppy, what magic can I cast on this electronic gizmo to make it do my biding?

Thank You,
Pat Jr.
mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Well try

Code: Select all

lprm -
in a console/terminal and it should cancel/delete all print jobs

jobs are kept in /var/spool/cups.....

regards

mike
patjr