Want to save to file, but only given option of save or not

Using applications, configuring, problems
thegoldenstrand

Want to save to file, but only given option of save or not

#1 Post by thegoldenstrand »

Hi,

I am new at making all sorts of changes to Puppy and along the way the save to file option on my favorite build somehow got turned off. How do I turn it on again.

Also, for same build I want to save what is running on my pc, but don't understand how to go about it, if someone could point me in the right direction, much appreciated.

Mike

brymway

#2 Post by brymway »

Well I'll give it a try. Your first question: Menu--System--Puppy Event Manager. Click on Save Session. Did you ever mess with that? Maybe you accidentally entered a bad value in there.
[url]http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html[/url]

canbyte

#3 Post by canbyte »

Hi Mike, I didn't want to see you with no answer but i hope you can bear the ramblings of a relative newbie.

I've much the same situation and i can only think that creating a series of pup_save files is the only way to do this. ie copy your old save file to new name such as pup_save-Feb23.2fs. But you will have to go back far enough to get rid of your problem and then recreate the changes you want. This can be something of a problem if you use a 1G flash drive and your save file is over 1/2G! I discovered that too late.

I also held off on making small preference changes until bigger problems are solved otherwise you waste time if your big problems don't work out - as you found out! I'm also finding (i think) that i want to keep my files out of puppy memory so you might save a file of your commands in a text file on a separate drive.

As you're new (it seems) you can help matters by making a signature file in your profile (above left) that gives the details of your machine/system.

Hope i understood your problem. You might also want to edit your original post for a more informative/interesting headline to attract better answers than i can give. ie Help, my save-to-file command got broken, or something like that. GL
[color=orange]1. Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athln 64, 2 GHz 1.93GB ram,
Puppy 533 on CD, accesses flash drive only,
FFox Nightly12.0
2. Compaq P3 733Hz 375RAM
Printer: Oki C3400 > LAN [/color]