How To remove attachments in Junk Folder

Booting, installing, newbie
Don64

How To remove attachments in Junk Folder

#1 Post by Don64 »

How can I remove attachments in the emails that are in Sylpheed 2.4.7 Junk folder?

I have been using Puppy 4.0 for about a year. Now my wife and I are both using it and we are filling up the Junk folder more quickly. I noticed there were a lot of attachments in the junk folder.

You would think that there was an automated way to remove the excess information but still train the email software which emails to send to the junk folder.

I deleted the mime sections and the html sections on the largest files in the junk folder manually using Geany.

Could someone have already written a script, or be willing to write a script to remove the excess data that is not needed in each file?

I'm not able to write scripts in Linux.

I don't need the attachments, it is JUNK.

Thanks,

Don64

mikeb

#2 Post by mikeb »

Don't know about sylpheed but avoid guestbooks and such...anything that puts your email on the web.
Try googling for the email to track down the source..
And watch for tick boxes on forms that are default on for promotions.
Since we did this we stopped getting spam (5 years now) and do not use any spam filtering.

mike

edit oh and I don't think certain web mail hosts are too choosy about who gets your address..eg yahoo

trapster

#3 Post by trapster »

In sylpheed 2.6.0, I just highlite the message and click on the trash can.
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

trapster

#4 Post by trapster »

double post
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

Don64

#5 Post by Don64 »

trapster wrote:In sylpheed 2.6.0, I just highlite the message and click on the trash can.
But this doesn't train sylpheed for our junk preferences.

Don64

#6 Post by Don64 »

mikeb wrote:Don't know about sylpheed but avoid guestbooks and such...anything that puts your email on the web.
Try googling for the email to track down the source..
And watch for tick boxes on forms that are default on for promotions.
Since we did this we stopped getting spam (5 years now) and do not use any spam filtering.

mike

edit oh and I don't think certain web mail hosts are too choosy about who gets your address..eg yahoo
I have 2 different email accounts for me. One private with my ISP, the other public through Yahoo. I don't give out my private address except to friends and family.

My wife has handled her own email, up until this last month. Now we are both using Puppy. So I need to train sylpheed to new junk preferences. There should be a way to remove the attachments. It is all text in the junk folder. Example Mime or HTML in the email text.

Don64