Options to modify Rox Filer list display

Booting, installing, newbie
DemostiX

Options to modify Rox Filer list display

#1 Post by DemostiX »

The Rox Filer window with file listings is dominated by Type, Permissions, Owner, and Group in the center. Are there ways to change it which are applicable to all Pups using Rox?

I'm not seeking to ditch Rox; just to have it display what I need, which does not include as priority those file or directory characteristics.

I'd also like to iconify different sort orders. eg, I rarely recall the alphbetized name of a file I've downloaded, but when looking for downloaded files would like sort on "Last Modified" Time to be the default, so I can find recent ones at the top of the list.

And auto-expansion of the Name column to fit the longest file or directory name is slick, except when it precludes scanning files by Name and "Last Modified" without first shrinking the Name column width.

Scripts?
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Right-click in a ROX window and select Options. See if there's anything there that does what you want.
DemostiX

#3 Post by DemostiX »

Thanks, I've set put a shadow (os/2 WPS concept) on my desktop for downloads, which displays icons for a couple of Download folders, in sort order of recency.

But: Is that the last word? We're limited to display of everything in the list display, and just ONE class of file variable (eg times) in the icon display?
Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#4 Post by Béèm »

I have the same request as DemostiX in the sense that I would like to have name, last modifyed, size and then the rest.
I looked again at the options and I don't find anything to accomplish this.
I suspect it's not foreseen in the rox versions we have here.
For the record, I run dpup484beta3 but have this issue in all puppy versions.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
Consult Wikka
Use peppyy's puppysearch