Humans 2.0

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
tubeguy

Humans 2.0

#1 Post by tubeguy »

We hope you have enjoyed Humans 2.0. Since Humans 1.0 was discontinued in the 1800's, we have been striving to improve the condition of Humans, and our proof of concept Newton Edition has spawned countless projects and innovations. Ergo, we now offer Humans 2.0 Service Pack 1, to be rolled out Dec 2012

Improvements in SP1 include:

-Now supports 32-bit hair color.
-Bladder now has a larger buffer, not needing to be cleared as often.
-Previous versions had a bug which did not load intelligence correctly in most copies. This has been fixed.
-A bug caused many humans to enjoy reality TV. See above.
-Fixed several allergies.
-Appetite bandwidth hard limiting has been introduced.
-Networking fault tolerance and error correction improved for better communication.
-Experience.db fragmentation reduced.
-libcommonsense has been completely rewitten.
-Politics daemon reduced to lowest priority
-Sleep mode is now optional, however periodic hibernation is still enforced to extend system stability
-Optical and aural input bandwidth has been significantly increased.
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

SWEET! Native 32-bit hair-color support will be awesome. Plus it'll make it easier to recognize people without having to allocate any additional cpu cycles to the facial recognition routines. The optional sleep will be great too. :P

Now if you guys would only make the project and internal documentation opensource, we could get some really cool features. :twisted:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

tubeguy

#3 Post by tubeguy »

Pizzasgood wrote:Now if you guys would only make the project and internal documentation opensource, we could get some really cool features. :twisted:
Pretty sure you will have to track down the manufacturer for source code access. We only work with the DNA API. ;-)

Aitch

#4 Post by Aitch »

tubeguy wrote:Pretty sure you will have to track down the manufacturer for source code access. We only work with the DNA API. :wink:
....seems like a good place for this..... :wink:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 552#388552

Aitch :)

tubeguy

#5 Post by tubeguy »

Aitch wrote:
tubeguy wrote:Pretty sure you will have to track down the manufacturer for source code access. We only work with the DNA API. :wink:
....seems like a good place for this..... :wink:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 552#388552

Upvote for you. (I've been on Reddit half the day.)

nooby

#6 Post by nooby »

Yes we can joke about it but there are people like Kurzweil that actually believe we will be able to download our brain into hardware and later upload it to some enhanced body that can function as the new us walking around we a new shiny body and our memories and personality intact or enhanced in many ways too. Almost eternal life this way as long as somebody take care of the backup copies stored in safe vaults?

Am I too pessimistic if I say all that is just dreams. Will never happen the next 100 years?
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

tubeguy

#7 Post by tubeguy »

nooby wrote:Am I too pessimistic if I say all that is just dreams. Will never happen the next 100 years?
Given our past progress, I don't think so. We were supposed to have flying cars, unlimited wireless electricity and world peace by now.

Jana

#8 Post by Jana »

tubeguy wrote:We were supposed to have flying cars, unlimited wireless electricity and world peace by now.
Is that according to "Back To The Future"?
-Sleep mode is now optional, however periodic hibernation is still enforced to extend system stability
Love this one xD

tubeguy

#9 Post by tubeguy »

Jana wrote:
tubeguy wrote:We were supposed to have flying cars, unlimited wireless electricity and world peace by now.
Is that according to "Back To The Future"?
flying cars

wireless electricity

And world peace, well, maybe we have a little ways to go on that.

james786

#10 Post by james786 »

I'm all for medical and technological advancements but one question that comes to mind refers to the aging of society. What would the implications of these advancements in an increasingly aging and older society. The birth rates of industrialized nations are declining and the members of society continually aging, the implications, in my opinion, would just lead to a more unproductive state. Don't get me wrong, I agree that these advancements will have positive functions in the bulk of society, for now, but once the age ratio becomes prominently older, wouldn't we just be causing more of a problem. Increased cost of healthcare, less productivity because of the older age of members of society, higher need for food, etc.

There should be limitations on the use of these great advancements. Whatever happened to aging gracefully? These advancements implicate that older members of society qualify and use them but would ultimately have negative repercussions on society as a whole. In my opinion, once a member of society approaches an age where they can no longer give to the greater well-being of society, then they should be denied medical procedures that increase the length of life of useless members of society thus increasing the cost for everyone else.

Aitch

#11 Post by Aitch »

James

Here's hoping you
A) Never grow old
B) Never get in a position to implement it

If you believe growing old equates with becoming useless, you could be in for a shock!

I'm probably older than you, and growing old as gracefully as possible :wink:

You could always take it up with someone closer to creation...& tell him you want a re-design, maybe? [see my earlier post....]

bugman

#12 Post by bugman »

james786 wrote:they should be denied medical procedures that increase the length of life of useless members of society
but the useless members of society will be the only ones who can afford those medical procedures
tupeguy wrote:Now supports 32-bit hair color.
i notice they still haven't fixed the missing pixel problem . . .
james786 wrote:Whatever happened to aging gracefully?
adult diapers?
Last edited by bugman on Mon 15 Feb 2010, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzasgood

#13 Post by Pizzasgood »

Useless old people? Bah! The entire point of extending life to make the person useful for longer. No point in living to be 200 if you spend the second half of it unable to stand up without your bones crumbling!

Of course, if productive lifespan is increased, then people will need to work longer before retiring.

The thing I would be most concerned about in the long run is psychological issues.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

bugman

#14 Post by bugman »

what is uselfulness?

tubeguy

#15 Post by tubeguy »

bugman wrote:i notice they still haven't fixed the missing pixel problem . . .
Or the stuck pixel problem

Aitch

#16 Post by Aitch »

Ah, there it is!

cb88

#17 Post by cb88 »

I would have preferred to completely forgo sleep mode and hibernation... kexec infinite kernel updates without rebooting FTW!!!
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

Pizzasgood

#18 Post by Pizzasgood »

Those stuck pixels are annoying. And the tricky thing is that they're not truly stuck - they move a little, which is why the existing visual software that filters out static artifacts often fails to remove them. A hardware fix is needed. Maybe change to a vitreous supplier that maintains a higher standard of durability, or use a different material.

Also nice would be to enhance the precision and durability of the optical lenses. Mine were really shoddily designed. I have to rely on third party workarounds to clearly see anything more than six inches away, which is pretty absurd IMHO. I'm hoping that the increased optical bandwidth implies this.

Makoto

#19 Post by Makoto »

Hrm. Security measures aren't as great as I'd hoped, in the current model. Can lead to data loss, if you're not careful.

Besides, I'm still trying to find an antivirus setup that WORKS. :)
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

tubeguy

#20 Post by tubeguy »

Pizzasgood wrote: I'm hoping that the increased optical bandwidth implies this.
Increased bandwidth will allow such things as night vision and ultraviolet detection. Lens design needs to be addressed, we feel the basic framework is solid but that materials need to be addressed. Further work is also needed on receptor cell size to increase overall resolution, although the move to the new UV detectors is a strong beginning. Watch for the Optics RFC coming soon, which will include possible renaming of the Optics subsystem to the RF subsystem.