GAME Changers - Artificial Intelligence becoming REAL

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
gcmartin

#1 Post by gcmartin »

I had an opportunity to see a machine. It looked like any other machine. But, it is capable of doing 2 things most of us have never known, or seen. It could understand a request and it could generate an application based upon that request.

If you are a developer, this is an enormous feat. I can tell my machine what to do and it will do it. Eliminating syntax errors, typing errors, logic errors, ...errors. And, it produces running programs. Wow.

Each of us were allowed a one-on-one request to the system. I asked it to take a file (I told him which one), scan several columns, make a 2 by whatever number of records matrix, determine the number of entries in the matrix, randomly pick an entry in the matrix, and play that file using the one video player on the desktop. I asked it to save it as Test-732. It asked me a question about which desktop icon. I thought, "Its interactive". When I said "Go" (reminded me when I throw a stick and tell my dog to GO get it) it took all of maybe a minute and answered in a human voice, "I have completed your request". Wow, again.

I looked over the text of the program generated and I executed it. It did exactly as I asked. Wow, again.

Then, I asked the machine to run that program whenever I said "Pick a movie". "I have completed your request". I said, Pick a movie and guess what? Wow again.

I left thinking about this and WATSON (from YouTube and Jeopardy) and how this was going to be used in the world. Then after watching the NEWS I realized how most of us are so clueless that we have no idea where the world is going. Most are so hung on their prejudices that doing something good for mankind is remote to their daily lives. WOW!

Maybe you would have had a differring view. Wow
Last edited by gcmartin on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

You/I need to use this to build bridges in the human divide!

#2 Post by gcmartin »

If you're a "have" in your economic community, this should scare you to action.

If you're a "have-not" in your economic community, this should scare you to action.

What may have been top-secret or confidential a month ago has now reached the public...quietly.

Understand, now?

efiguy

#3 Post by efiguy »

Hi,
Hope not being stupid in understanding what your showing us, as
didn't have enough nerve to rant on this topic by myself
Yes it is a WOW, but i worry for my grand kids

- News Release - Slated to spend its life simulating "new-clear" cosmic ray like energy releases, Sequoia, (a 20x jump in calculations per second, new IBM Super-Computer) will use 45-nm (PowerPC, presumably) processors with 16 cores per chip for as many as 4,096 processors per rack. That's a total of 1.6 million cores assisted by 1.6 petabytes of memory.

- Presumebly to handle analysis of the us “new - clear stuff

2byte

#4 Post by 2byte »

gcmartin wrote: I left thinking about this and WATSON (from YouTube and Jeopardy) and how this was going to be used in the world. Then after watching the NEWS I realized how most of us are so clueless that we have no idea where the world is going. Most are so hung on their prejudices that doing something good for mankind is remote to their daily lives.
If you haven't already, you should read the books Daemon and the sequel Freedom by Daniel Suarez. Very thought provoking and if nothing else, a darn good read.
http://thedaemon.com/daemonsynopsis.html