Overwritten music track

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
mickeblue

Overwritten music track

#1 Post by mickeblue »

Anyone else had anything like this happen?

Using Mplayer I opened up an mp3 of the original John 'Speedy' Keen's 1969 version of 'Something In The Air' as played by Thunderclap Newman. The song had just started playing when the doorbell rang and I went to answer it... I could still hear the music in the background but became aware that it cut off somewhere near the middle of the track.
Coming back to the pc I looked to see if I could make out what had happened, and noticed to my surprise that Mplayer was displaying an image of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ( who did their own version of the song in 1994 ) and, when I clicked play, that's the version I was hearing.
So I stopped the track, went back into the folder where I keep my music files and attempted to open my own original track only to discover that it had been overwritten, and replaced by the Tom Petty version ( which I'm not fond of :( :( ).
How bizarre is that? Am I missing something here?

I'm running Puppy Lucid 5.2.5 on an 8gig usb drive.

nooby

#2 Post by nooby »

wow, that was advanced.

So there is some kind of search for similar labels and a box that is ticked by default to suggest preferences to the playlist you alread have but that it replaced it that is gross, such is a kind of crime :)

so go for the boxes to unclick and it wont do it again. I hope
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though