Bug in Lucid Puppy 5.2.5

Please post any bugs you have found
TheMartian

Bug in Lucid Puppy 5.2.5

#1 Post by TheMartian »

I seem to have a problem with my new Puppy installation (Lucid 5.2.5) When I close out a session, the time and date settings are not being included in the save file, or are not being picked up again from it at the next boot. Every time, I have to manually set the date and time again. I set it to use British local time.

It's an old IBM NetVista desktop with 512mb RAM and an Intel graphics card, with Ubuntu Karmic Koala installed on it's hard drive. There's a 30gb drive size, with about 8gb left free at the moment. The Ubuntu filesystem is ext3, with the pupsave file being ext2, created automatically by the Puppy closeout sequence after first installation.

Everything else seems to work fine on this installation, but it means that time/date-dependent software like my calendars and email etc are working with incorrect data; presumably file header dates/times will also be compromised.

I installed the available update which mentions the ability to recognize both local time and UTC; there appears to be no improvement. It booted with a date of Tue 17th May (it's Wed 18th currently) and currently shows a time of 22.07 (it's now 21.07)

Any workarounds or fixes, anyone?

Mark L
Bill_Gates

#2 Post by Bill_Gates »

I haven't noticed the time setting issue on 525 but I can't get my touch pad settings to stick either and the volume keys to work.
-Bill

[b][i]"Who needs M$ - Puppy Rules!"[/i][/b] :P
Sylvander

#3 Post by Sylvander »

Set your timezone to Europe/London, and use Psync to sync the time.
It can be configured to auto-sync the time at each Lupu-525 startup.

See if that works.
aarf

#4 Post by aarf »

There is something about a small battery on the motherboard that needs to be replaced when time is not remembered. It is in a memtest thread.http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 066#524066
bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

Bill_Gates wrote:I haven't noticed the time setting issue on 525 but I can't get my touch pad settings to stick either and the volume keys to work.
You need to start a new topic about this.
When you do, need this info:
How Puppy is installed.
Specs of your computer.
How you are making settings.
PaulBx1

#6 Post by PaulBx1 »

I haven't noticed the time setting issue on 525 but I can't get my touch pad settings to stick either and the volume keys to work.
A known problem. If you are using flsynclient to set the touchpad, and you have some of the common touchpads like alps, flsynclient cannot save them over boot. You need to make your settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf instead. May be the same deal for volume keys too.

Either that, or edit the flsynclient script to remove the exceptions. See my comments in the official bug thread (where these complaints should be posted, by the way): http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=66777
aarf

#7 Post by aarf »

@M$
micko has just posted a pet to fix flsync in the spup thread. Perhaps it is good for your problemhttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 299#524299