Reliance Netconnect Huawei ec 1260 installation. how to do?

Booting, installing, newbie
jawaharpeter

Reliance Netconnect Huawei ec 1260 installation. how to do?

#1 Post by jawaharpeter »

Reliance Netconnect Huawei ec 1260 installation. how to do on puppy?
Any body in bangalore could do this. i tried to install wvdial etc.. no sucess. any help 91-9019553446
nksaini

#2 Post by nksaini »

jawaharpeter

Puppy Linux is designed in a way where the user can just boot off the live CD and use the PC, without having to install and configure so many things. Configuration of internet access is very easy under Puppy Linux.

If you are using latest (ver 5.25) or a recent version of Puppy Linux and Reliance Netconnect Huawei EC 1260 USB dongle, then there is pretty little else to do to connect to internet.

First you attach the Netconnect USB device to the system and then boot into Puppy Linux, either off the live CD or from hard disk installation. This way Puppy should detect and configure your modem during the booting process itself.

Then, when Puppy Linux is ready (it takes only a couple of seconds), click on the 'connect' icon on the desktop. This should start he Internet Connection Wizard. If your modem is detected (and most likely it will), it will be shown under 'Current setup/status' as 'Dialup modem detected at port ttyACM0.

Now, choose option 'Internet by dialup analog or wireless modem'. This will start PupDial modem Internet dialer. If your modem is detected and recognised, it should show some text in Initialisation string 2 and 3. Else you click on 'CHOOSE' button, and from PupDial modem selection click on 'PROBE' button.

Once modem is configures, you have to supply three values: (1) Phone/Access Number, which is #777 in case of most CDMA operators. (2) Username and (3) Password, which you might know. In case my TataIndicom, both are 'internet'

Now click on 'CONNECT' button and wait for about a minute (it often take some time).

Text similar to following should appear in the Connection status log:

Code: Select all

--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.53
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
ATZ
OK
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT#777
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT#777
CONNECT
--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
--> Don't know what to do!  Starting pppd and hoping for the best.
--> Starting pppd at Sun Jun 26 12:55:12 2011
--> pid of pppd: 23267
Look for last line: pid of pppd: XXXXX. If this like appears, you are connected to the internet and the icon in the system tray should indicate this. Sometimes, you may have to click on 'CONNECT' button more than once.

Good luck.

nksaini
jawaharpeter

thank u for the reply, but carrier is not detecting

#3 Post by jawaharpeter »

I am able to boot from my pendrive while reliance net connect dongle is connected. it says it recognised the modem also. after trying init az etc... at carrier it says carrier not detected.
Bruce B

Re: Reliance Netconnect Huawei ec 1260 installation. how to do?

#4 Post by Bruce B »

jawaharpeter wrote:Reliance Netconnect Huawei ec 1260 installation. how to do on puppy?
Any body in bangalore could do this. i tried to install wvdial etc.. no sucess. any help 91-9019553446

This is an entirely unacceptable help request.

If you want others to provide be specific and detailed for your benefit, do in like manner for them.

Look at nksaini's helpfulness and detail - he really tried to help you.

Your response to him?

Nobody even knows what version of Puppy you are running.

Please come back after you have considered your part in getting the help you want.

~
nksaini

Re: thank u for the reply, but carrier is not detecting

#5 Post by nksaini »

jawaharpeter wrote:I am able to boot from my pendrive while reliance net connect dongle is connected. it says it recognised the modem also. after trying init az etc... at carrier it says carrier not detected.
If,

Reliance NetConnecg dongle is recognised as a modem (as indicated by ttyACM0 and some text in Initialisation string 2 and 3)

and,

you have supplied correct Phone/access number (#777), Username and Password (confirm from Reliance helpdesk)

and,

the device is otherwise functional (i.e. it can connect to Internet under other OS)

and still it say: carrier not detected

then,

most likely you need to allow the device some time (about a minute or so, so it can properly register itself to Reliance network) and then try clicking CONNECT button, more than once, if required. Ensure that you are using correct Username and Password.
jawaharpeter

thank you mr.saini its working

#6 Post by jawaharpeter »

right now i am posting from with in puppy. i was trying for this for many years. now i am saved from the clutches of windows harddisk, i now use only 16gb pendrive which gives double battery time of my netbook. thank you very much.