Copyright Troll Righthaven Goes on Life Support

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Flash
Official Dog Handler

Copyright Troll Righthaven Goes on Life Support

#1 Post by Flash »

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/0 ... e-support/

[quote]Righthaven, which was founded more than a year ago to monetize print news content through copyright infringement lawsuits, has suffered a myriad of courtroom setbacks in recent months. Among them, it was sanctioned $5,000 for misleading a federal judge, ordered to pay $34,000 for an opponent’s legal fees (.pdf), and was told over and again by judges that it has no legal standing to even file the lawsuits.
|
|
“I don’t know why they don’t stop this whole charade,
Dewbie

#2 Post by Dewbie »

Amateurs.
They need to take lessons from the masters of copyright trolling.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Microsoft is not a copyright troll in the sense that they buy up or otherwise obtain copyrights for the sole purpose of suing people for violating those copyrights. At least Microsoft actually owns the copyrights it defends. Righthaven didn't even own the copyrights it was suing people for violating. That was the judge's basis for throwing out the case.
Dewbie

#4 Post by Dewbie »

Oops, I meant patent trolling.
The last definition fits M$' actions against smaller players associated with Android.
Also, my point was that Righthaven needed to buy a few politicians with their take.
Bill_Gates

#5 Post by Bill_Gates »

Flash wrote:At least Microsoft actually owns the copyrights it defends
Thank You Flash!
-Bill

[b][i]"Who needs M$ - Puppy Rules!"[/i][/b] :P
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Any time, Bill.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]
aarf

#7 Post by aarf »

Hmmpf . . .
Openly and brazenly collaborating with known terrorists, endangering the puppy way of life.
Dont forget to scan the skies before you attend any weddings or funerals.
Then straight after, the puppy imperial high command will be going after that dangerous subversive who goes by the alias nooby for his consistent attempts to corrupt and displace by using, advocating and promoting that terrorist only NTFS file. system.