Puppy Linux not remembering wireless (SOLVED)

Slydog

Puppy Linux not remembering wireless (SOLVED)

#1 Post by Slydog »

I have been a long time Puppy Linux user and recently installed Puppy Slacko 5.3 on an old Toshiba Pentium 3 laptop with a PCMCIA Linksys WPC 11 Ver 3 and was able to configure the card with the "Network Wizard" and save profile but after reboot it does not auto configure the card. Basically it forgets the wireless config after every reboot.

So after days of researching and googling I made a script that runs at startup and autoconnects my Linksys WPC11 Ver 3 card on every reboot. Thought I would share since I have spent days playing around with rc.local and rc.network and finally making a script to run at startup that finally works!

I ended up making a script file named "Wireless" with the code below and placing it in the startup folder.

Code: Select all

ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid ******
iwconfig wlan0 key ******
iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
rm -f /var/lib/dhcpcd/*.info
rm -f /var/run/*.pid
dhcpcd -I '' -t 30 -h puppypc -d wlan0
(******= your essid and key)

I tried putting the above code in rc.local but it seemed to forget after the second reboot. But same code in a script in the startup folder works everytime! Woohoo!

Hope this helps someone else googling for "Puppy Linux not remembering wireless settings on reboot".

Slydog 8)
hitchup

#2 Post by hitchup »

Good to go on Lucid 5.28. Thanks for the post.