Problems with SD card / web cam / speaker.

Booting, installing, newbie
bandit

Problems with SD card / web cam / speaker.

#1 Post by bandit »

cant find sd card even in pmount.
cant find web cam so video chat wont work.
main speaker stays on when head phone jack is in use.
if some one can help answer these it would be awesome.

John Doe

Re: sd card / web cam /speaker.

#2 Post by John Doe »

bandit wrote:cant find sd card even in pmount..
I had an SD card once that I formatted in my pocketpc to fat32. It wouldn't show up in linux no matter how hard I tried.

Does it show up under gparted?

My final solution on that was to reformat it in linux to fat32 and then it worked. Make sure to back anything up first.
bandit wrote:main speaker stays on when head phone jack is in use.
do you have two sound cards?

Sounds like more of a physical problem than software. But from your description I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to describe.

bandit

#3 Post by bandit »

John Doe wrote:
I had an SD card once that I formatted in my pocketpc to fat32. It wouldn't show up in linux no matter how hard I tried.

My final solution on that was to reformat it in linux to fat32 and then it worked. Make sure to back anything up first.

Sounds like more of a physical problem than software. But from your description I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to describe.

what im saying is. my other laptops when you use the head phone jack like for ear buds or external speakers the main speaker shuts off. they have the original os. the netbook i installed puppy on wont do that now.

bandit

#4 Post by bandit »

bandit wrote:
John Doe wrote:

what im saying is. my other laptops when you use the head phone jack like for ear buds or external speakers the main speaker shuts off. they have the original os. the netbook i installed puppy on wont do that now.
cant find the sd card in gparted. cant find the camera option at all. like to take a pic of your self or a video.

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

What version of Puppy are you using?
Installed frugal, full or run from live CD?
Specific info on computer, camera, SD card?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bandit

#6 Post by bandit »

bigpup wrote:What version of Puppy are you using?
Installed frugal, full or run from live CD?
Specific info on computer, camera, SD card?

im using 5.3.3 the new one. installed frugal. acer aspire one d260 netbook. by camera i mean the one in the netbook at the top of the screen. by sd card i mean when you insert any sd card nothing pops up to view files.

bandit

#7 Post by bandit »

bandit wrote:
bandit wrote:
John Doe wrote: I had an SD card once that I formatted in my pocketpc to fat32. It wouldn't show up in linux no matter how hard I tried.

cant find the sd card in gparted. cant find the camera option at all. like to take a pic of your self or a video.
fixed the speaker problem,its in the sound set up and its called automute.

sfeeley

#8 Post by sfeeley »

google turned up this page on puppy on the acer aspire one. Might be helpful (although note the comments at the bottom-- apparently the user is using wary, not slacko, but the pets might still work. worth playing around)

http://domsyard.com/acer-aspire-one/pup ... aspire-one

bandit

#9 Post by bandit »

found web cam download. going to try it. still cant find sd card???

John Doe

#10 Post by John Doe »

This page might help with the SD card.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=654145

I don't have a machine with one of those built in so I can't really test much over here.

Good luck.

bandit

#11 Post by bandit »

the speaker problem i had was fixed with the auto mute feature in the sound setup. i also got a down load that shows the web cam option but cant access it or the web cam at all.other than skype.i also found that this system does see my sd csrd slot but cant find a way to get to pop up on the desk top when inserted.

bigpup

#12 Post by bigpup »

SD card slot:
Maybe what this person did will work for you.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 512#648512
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bandit

#13 Post by bandit »

nothing worked yet but thanks for all the help.i think ill put this project aside for a bit. thanks everone.