A modest proposal

Booting, installing, newbie
431user

A modest proposal

#1 Post by 431user »

When I post a problem I'm having the answers I receive often don't seem to apply. I wonder if that's because the person trying to help is using a version of Puppy that is significantly different than what I'm using. It might be a good idea if the person seeking help states the version he's using and the potential helper can state the version he's using. It may resolve some of the confusion if the advice doesn't get the desired result.

Just a thought.

tlchost

Re: A modest proposal

#2 Post by tlchost »

431user wrote:When I post a problem I'm having the answers I receive often don't seem to apply. I wonder if that's because the person trying to help is using a version of Puppy that is significantly different than what I'm using. It might be a good idea if the person seeking help states the version he's using and the potential helper can state the version he's using. It may resolve some of the confusion if the advice doesn't get the desired result.
Great idea....and it would also be helpful to indicate the type of install, and when questioning about audio/video problems, the type of card/chip in use.

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

If people would only read and answer some simple questions.

Topic at top of beginners section of forum.

If You Need Help
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90471
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Fossil

#4 Post by Fossil »

It's the same old story. Aside from not quoting the Puppy version, some don't even say what sort of computer system, be it desktop or laptop; then not a mention of the install nor the computer's basic system components. And please don't get me started on the size of posted screen captures - RESIZE: a max of 800 pixels, PLEASE! Then there's the overrun of textual information in the additional Description field, which causes the page's normal editorial to stretch, and stretch and stretch way across the screen, making reading the full page a swooping back and forth scroll, creating eyestrain. Not everyone has a huge monitor. That ends my 'grump of the week' - and it's still only Sunday!