How to use .deb files in Lucid 528?

Booting, installing, newbie
chimnya123

How to use .deb files in Lucid 528?

#1 Post by chimnya123 »

i am using puppy lucid 5.2.8 .can any one upload all the stuff (repository libraries etc etc) needed so that i can directly install and run .deb files in puppy without any error?.
i tried to install some .deb filles but there are lots of errors while installing these files and i am new here so pl help me.thanx in adv.
Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Deb's install freely aboard 528 --so sounds odd, but happens.

In the menu under graphics, take a jpg *window* shot w/PupSnap and attach with your reply.

Personally, I'd say you either need to update PPM, or you installed a funky pkg.

It was OK up until what point before the errors started appearing?

If need be, I'll upload a set of my updated db files..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<
chimnya123

#3 Post by chimnya123 »

i want to install librecad. so i read following post "http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69298" and installed as said in that, but when i open librecad via terminal got this message " librecad: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv.
now this .deb package and cannot opening pl help me.
mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

Ah thats because it wants newer qt4 libraries.

Chasing the update wind and gets tricky on lucid... someone has built recent versions of these to run on older systems... greengeek of saintless I think.....

ldd -v /path/to/binary might tell you what version you need

mike